Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 18-07-2018, 11:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Some interesting thoughts M.G. as usual . Too much to comment on individually but the basic drift is that there is a sense of oneself and everything has to be reflected upon this sense .

When there is no sense of yourself then where has self gone .

Some will describe it as self being absorbed or dissolved into Source or it could be something else as you have mentioned that self has always been there all along, but the right moment comes along for self to be noticed or reflected .

I think in this instance one would need to understand the nature of self and the environment needed for self to entertain a sense or a reflection .

Many say the environment is the mind .

So beyond the mind in my eyes there is no reflection or thought of I AM . There cannot be the truth reflected or known .

The only way in my eyes to explain this, is that what you are is the Truth itself .

As soon as there is a knowing that I AM the truth it becomes a personal / individual / relative truth .

I think there are thin lines between losing a normal sense of self and still retaining an experience of the mind .

Deep sleep / Samadhi are examples I would say where the reflection of yourself is expansive and unlimited awareness which gives the impression / understanding of unity and oneness but still retains a sense / reflection of self as ONE .

The truth would be relative to I AM ONE .

Beyond that would be no relation to I AM ONE .

x daz x

Hmmm, got me thinking G-L,

It brings to mind a bit of Taoism in the sense once one speaks of it, it is not it.

Concepts, terms, identies are formed in order to communicate and share ideas, teachings (if taken this way), and experiences.

How can stillness be described to one who does not know it? For example

There appears to be a wholeness and with in this diversities which form individuality. Things become personal, even while one may realize the connections and wholeness, IMO.

Can agree knowing can create further ideas, interpretations, and understandings on some level. Is why I say this creates a truth or a persons truth. For others may have another side to present.

I Am One seems to reflect that there is only One. Which perhaps of itself with no reflections, it is just one. Creation reflecting its many faces (so to speak) or formation, seem to indicate to me that diversities are formed and give presence/sense of the One being. Both, existing with in this life.

Truth found in releasing my thinking and allowing presence/being to enter. To be open that what is held by me can be the choice given and believed. finding what is not held, but may come and go seems to reveal a deeper understanding for me.
Old 19-07-2018, 12:43 AM
Master
I think that Truth is personal, because it is always evolving--as the soul grows so does its perspectives. Truth to me, is never absolute in the spiritual realm as it is always changing too.

My bf says he is one of the souls working to bringing down the obsolete incarnation system in favor of a new one. He has another 'self' that is disengaged from himself in this lifetime that is working elsewhere on the project.

I can safely say I have only heard of that being shared with me once before--if even the incarnation system that a lot of souls rely on could be dismantled, it just goes to show absolutes are nigh impossible to discern.
Old 19-07-2018, 03:06 AM
Master
A story...

A few days ago, my Peer Support Worker visited me and I really dislike her...she is totally in the wrong profession. Her 'bedside manner' is atrocious!

She wanted to see the 'Vision Board' I made a few months ago. Now, I am very proud of my 'Vision Board'...I spent a lot of time and effort in making it and I hang it up on the wall in my bedroom. This was like a huge achievement for me.

So I take it down and show it to her.

She goes; "You have put too many words on it and not enough pictures...I don't like it".

My reply; "Thank you so much...I am really glad that you like it and I appreciate the compliment".

She said; "I did not SAY that I liked it because I don't"

My reply; "Yes, it's great, isn't it? I really have a talent for this and you are right, I should apply my talents to making more of them, just like this one...thank you for your support".

She asked me if I had gone off my meds and when was the last time I saw my psychiatrist. lol
Old 19-07-2018, 03:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
What you present brings to mind comparing it to entering a Forrest.
I become part of the Forrest, but not trying to be this. It just occurs.
I am not the Forrest itself and what goes on in the Forrest has very little, if anything to with me.

Things are noticed, movements sensed, there is the experience of being in the Forrest. All is impersonal in its happenings. The experience if held onto may become a personal experience or it can just pass as taking a wander into the Forrest and letting what arises with in or with out be. While in the Forrest there is only the Forrest and what creates it to be.

I can get if truth is something that may change with in the mind, then this too is temporary. In this sense it holds only what one may desire to hold. So, in this way forms into a belief and perspective. May be true at the moment, but only as felt needed, suppose.

Some things seem to hold its own truth and consistent in what it reveals or experienced. This seems to form a truth of its own.

Thanks for your insights. It expands the view for me.

The way I illustrate it is if you feel one of your fingertips, you know how it feels and there's nothing to believe. The truth is it feels like 'this'. My finger doesn't feel the way yours does so 'what is true for me' is different to 'what is true for you'. If we then say experience is unique, we don't so much say 'my experience' is unique, as is 'yours', but rather, each moment of perception is unique for each of us, so of course yours is unique with respect to mine, just as each moment of yours or mine is.

Within that there are 'two truths': 1) 'This' is what it's like; and 2) each moment is different. To then infer a 'person' and say 'my' experience is different to 'yours' is based on the memory of a life path, and true to say, I cannot remember your experiences. Hence in the duration of time (as opposed to the momentary observation) there is another 'uniqueness'. If we say that I am the sum of all my experience (and that's what I do say) then I am a unique individual, but I don't posit a prior individual unto whom 'this' happens; but a personality formed through life experience.
Old 19-07-2018, 06:53 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Hmmm, got me thinking G-L,

It brings to mind a bit of Taoism in the sense once one speaks of it, it is not it.

Concepts, terms, identies are formed in order to communicate and share ideas, teachings (if taken this way), and experiences.

How can stillness be described to one who does not know it? For example

There appears to be a wholeness and with in this diversities which form individuality. Things become personal, even while one may realize the connections and wholeness, IMO.

Can agree knowing can create further ideas, interpretations, and understandings on some level. Is why I say this creates a truth or a persons truth. For others may have another side to present.

I Am One seems to reflect that there is only One. Which perhaps of itself with no reflections, it is just one. Creation reflecting its many faces (so to speak) or formation, seem to indicate to me that diversities are formed and give presence/sense of the One being. Both, existing with in this life.

Truth found in releasing my thinking and allowing presence/being to enter. To be open that what is held by me can be the choice given and believed. finding what is not held, but may come and go seems to reveal a deeper understanding for me.

... True enough said that as soon as one speaks of the unspeakable it is not it .

There is plenty enough of examples one can give of what is unspeakable that pertains to mind experience, you have given a few examples .

In these instances however there is still an association to the truth of the unspeakable because I AM present within the experience .

I AM trying to illustrate that if there was no experience of something that could be put into words or not then there can be no truth of that .

When there is a conscious self that is aware of experience then the truth will relate to You . A You that is individual .

How many points of conscious thought is YOUR thought? How many points of perception can YOU entertain at anyone moment .

There will only be one, so the truth can only relate to that one that is YOU .

x daz x
Old 19-07-2018, 09:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
A story...

A few days ago, my Peer Support Worker visited me and I really dislike her...she is totally in the wrong profession. Her 'bedside manner' is atrocious!

She wanted to see the 'Vision Board' I made a few months ago. Now, I am very proud of my 'Vision Board'...I spent a lot of time and effort in making it and I hang it up on the wall in my bedroom. This was like a huge achievement for me.

She goes; "You have put too many words on it and not enough pictures...I don't like it".

My reply; "Thank you so much...I am really glad that you like it and I appreciate the compliment".

My reply; "Yes, it's great, isn't it? I really have a talent for this and you are right, I should apply my talents to making more of them, just like this one...thank you for your support".

She asked me if I had gone off my meds and when was the last time I saw my psychiatrist. lol
That is hilarious 😂

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 19-07-2018, 09:41 PM
Guide
What we seek is what find

Quote:
Hello,

Was reflecting upon truth. So going with some thoughts upon this.

Seen threads on it, debates about it, and reflections upon it.

What came to mind is that truth seems to be personal.
It appears in mind in relationship to what is understood, believed, makes sense, and/or resonates.

Sure, there are some truths in relationship to cause and effect. Such as if I touch something on fire, chances are will get burned.

More looking at what appears as personal
What comes to mind is what is found to be true with in.
What touches the spirit, heart, or brings spirit to mind.
Those truths that bring changes to life.
The truth found through experiences that may not always be able to explain or place in words.

Examples; a loved one visiting after he/she has departed from this realm
What may be felt from another without a word being spoken
Now I do understand the examples are some truths I hold and experience has brought such to me.

So, others hold truths as well.

So, wonder why the debates and conflicts, if truths lead to understanding and finding ways to connect? They can be what is shared or help find inner peace.

If not understood or experienced then is it meant for that person?

Now, if a truth is used/misused to gain control over another then is it a truth?

Find at times one has a truth to share and say and sometimes may be intimidated or shouted down (so to speak) to express it. Which reflects more upon the fear of one or group doing the shouting then upon the one speaking his/her truth.

Brings to mind; Speak your truth, even if your voice (or in this case, hands) shake.

What do you all think?

The recipient of the truth is the one that decides what is truth. The self is the highest authority. The wise understand the wise. I have found that a person has to listen to the quiet voice within and wait patiently until the right person asks the right question. More often than not I know when a person is ready for the truth when they ask.

Having said this, there has been times when I respond to the unspoken question. My mother today, she spoke up and spoke about a dream. She spoke of a dream that freightened her. The dream was set in our old home. That house was a place which is like a cross roads for some realms to interlink. In other words: the veil grew thin there.

I spoke of experiences that had in that house. Both Good and bad. I spoke of the Spirit visitations that I had experienced over the years of family members and I advised her that when she gets that feeling that heart opens and that she misses her mother, that when she feels sad, I said that her instinct will be to close up her heart in order to not be flooded with grief but she must resist this natural urge and instead open up and she will find her mother's love will transform her grief to sorrow.

Sometimes a persons heart asks a question and my heart opens and my mind tries to bring the right words to her as I muster all my love to her. Then I can only hope that the message is recieved.

But my words are true for me, and if the person allows it to be, it can be truth for them also. But whether or not it is or isn't depends on the person recieving the communication.

It is only right that this be the case because what we choose to believe is what creates our being and our reality. What we accept as true becomes the reality experienced. Because the highest truth is that we are creative at the core of our being and that the most important creation that we are all creating is ourselves and our experience of ourselves projected into our external reality.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 19-07-2018, 09:46 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
That is hilarious 😂

Sheer awesomeness. Keep on being awesome. I like your style. Ask her if you could see her board. Tell her just want to tell her how awesome it is.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 19-07-2018, 09:47 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
... True enough said that as soon as one speaks of the unspeakable it is not it .

There is plenty enough of examples one can give of what is unspeakable that pertains to mind experience, you have given a few examples .

In these instances however there is still an association to the truth of the unspeakable because I AM present within the experience .

I AM trying to illustrate that if there was no experience of something that could be put into words or not then there can be no truth of that .

When there is a conscious self that is aware of experience then the truth will relate to You . A You that is individual .

How many points of conscious thought is YOUR thought? How many points of perception can YOU entertain at anyone moment .

There will only be one, so the truth can only relate to that one that is YOU .

x daz x

Sheer awesomeness. Keep on being awesome. I like your style. Ask her if you could see her board. Tell her just want to tell her how awesome it is.

Saint Jerome.

Old 19-07-2018, 11:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
A story...

Hi Shivani Devi,

Thank you for the laugh.

Thank you for showing me that one does not have to take what may be another's attitude.