Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 22-06-2011, 12:39 AM
nightowl

Quote:
The moral of all the stories is don't mess with the fair folk!

Yeah I hear ya...heheeeee

Well it is good to know why the Delorian was such a mess...heheeeee

I did go to the link, it is a creepy looking place...I can almost feel the energy through the photo...yuck!

I think I have heard of the Hell Fire Clubs before. Are they the same ones that were found in the underground vaults in Scotland?

nightowl
Old 22-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl

I think I have heard of the Hell Fire Clubs before. Are they the same ones that were found in the underground vaults in Scotland?

nightowl

Don't know, but I'm pretty sure they were all over the British Isles and Ireland, so probably.

I love this thread, by the way - it's possibly my favorite ever!
Old 22-06-2011, 12:51 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrais
Don't know, but I'm pretty sure they were all over the British Isles and Ireland, so probably.

I love this thread, by the way - it's possibly my favorite ever!

Cool...

Thanks! It is fun isn't it! So whose the kitty in your avatar? What a beauty! Love cats...

nightowl
Old 22-06-2011, 12:59 AM
Experiencer
That's my cat Magpie - I have another all black called Raven.
Old 22-06-2011, 01:08 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrais
That's my cat Magpie - I have another all black called Raven.

Magpie and Raven great names...I have two, both black and white, one male Elvis and one elusive female Cleo...I have always had cats and always will!

It would be nice to hear some ghost cat stores or legends, anyone???

nightowl
Old 22-06-2011, 01:16 AM
nightowl

Here's a cat story I found...

Fairport harbor which is on Lake Erie has a historic lighthouse halfway between Cleveland and Ashtabula. This lighthouse once was used as a sentinel, guiding mariners in the 19th century to safety at the mouth of the Grand River. The wife of the lighthouse keeper was bedridden for most of her life due to a serious and lengthy illness. Her bedroom was on the second floor of the lighthouse and she had several cats to keep her company.

Years later when the lighthouse was being turned into a museum, the workers spoke of an eerie presence in the now darkened tower. The curator who lived at the lighthouse once it was a museum swore she saw the gray ghost of a cat on several occasions. Not a woman given to fancy, it was hard not to believe her, although there were skeptics. However, in the year 2000 when workers were installing air conditioning, they found the mummified remains of a gray cat.

http://www.listnow.com/helpingpaws/a...ticle_370.html

pretty cool...

nightowl
Old 22-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Experiencer
Ooh, I have one!

Irusan, the Irish King of Cats - he's said to stand over 6ft tall and lives in the Hill of Tara, which is the most important and best known of all the Fairy Fortes.

The only tale I know of him is of a woman who lived in a village near the hill. She was married to a drunk, who regularly beat her and treated her terribly. She went to the local wise woman for advise on how to get away from her husband, without losing everything. The wise woman told her to go to the Hill and offer a gift to Irusan and ask for his help. So she went with milk and honey and asked for his help. She recieved no reply, so she left her gifts there and went home.
The next night, her husband was found dead, having been mauled by an animal - the local couldn't figure out what could have done such a thing as there are no dangerous wild animals in Ireland, but the wife knew what had happened.
She returned to the Hill, to thank Irusan with more milk and honey. As she was leaving the side of the Hill opened and out came a massive grey striped cat. He spoke to her, asked her to become his wife and live with him in Tir na Nóg. She was afraid and ran away.
After that, the woman hid in her home. People thought she was grieving and so they left her to it.
More people started dying, night after night more people were found mauled by this animal. So, the woman, knowing it wouldn't stop and that it was she who had angered the cat God, went back to the Hill of Tara and entered it. The murders stopped but the woman was never seen again.

If ever I adopt a grey cat, he will be called Irusan :)
Old 22-06-2011, 01:38 AM
nightowl

Be careful what you wish for there is usually something unseen tied to that wish...

nightowl
Old 22-06-2011, 01:55 AM
Experiencer
Just read your link - cool stories. Don't think I fancy encountering a headless cat.

My cats see ghosts all the time - I'm also pretty sure we have a third, non physical cat living with us - we often have a cat brush past us, when the other two aren't around. Just last night my husband felt a cat at his feet, but our two were in with me the whole time.
Old 28-06-2011, 08:22 PM
jondav

Not so much local ,as it covers the whole of wales.But a spectre called the"Gwrach y rhibyn" is said to haunt old places ,and waterfalls.the name means "hag of the mist" or "torrent" She usually manifests as a grotesque old crone complete with batlike wings,probably related to the irish banshee.Surpriseinly it has been witnessed fairly recently, in South Wales,by credible witnesses