Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 04-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Master
Hello Sammy.
Interesting analogies.
Though I cannot remember the movie 'The Shinning', I get the drift of what you are saying.
You got me thinking. Thank you.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Ascender
Very interesting about the entropy. I wouldn't discount the possibility of doing it. Many have for a long time been trying to turn led into gold. The law goes "nothing can be created nor destroyed, only transfer". This is a law of energy, but as you and I have mentioned all matter is energy.

It might cost insulation and the loss of components and metals, and a new coil might need produced every time. But if we gain enough energy to last a year, it would be saving the Earth a lot more in resources than one coil. So far we have harnessed transferring water, wind, and fire to energy. Perhaps the last step will be metal(Earth).

The problem being storage and the thermodynamic aspect. Entropy might be the answer to this problem. Another problem being, what happens on Earth with all this extra electricity floating around? Another problem is how do we get it back down safely.

This last part, getting it back down safely might be another answer to harnessing free energy. If we could discover a way to receive lightning strikes via the rods and be able to store its discharge for use later.

Kind of like a reverse tesla coil, so to speak.

I have also been wondering if static build up could be a good way to produce free energy, since it is innately produced from Earth's elements. I have figured certain fabrics layered inside of a cylinder or sphere spinning in opposite could produce quite a charge at some point. This could be propelled by magnets, lined up with opposite polarity to propel each layer in the desired direction. It's output, at this point could also be managed via the magnetic charge being produced for propulsion. Or even stopped in its tracks by changing to attracted magnetic polarities. Once established the magnets could be operated by the same electricity it had produced and stored.

But if the Earth is producing it naturally, there might be a way to collect it or draw it in.

Again I love the work you've done! Totally awesome!
Old 04-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
Hello Sammy.
Interesting analogies.
Though I cannot remember the movie 'The Shinning', I get the drift of what you are saying.
You got me thinking. Thank you.

Np! The only thing you might have missed from the story was that the lodge was in a mountain(middle of nowhere) in the middle of a thick winter. A kind of no way out, no where to go, type of thing.

Glad to help! You really got me thinking HAHA
Old 04-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Pathfinder

Hi Visitor,

This looks like it will be an exciting post! I must offer hearty congratulation on what is a really mighty Tesla coil...400 000 volts is a great achievement! :-)

While I freely admit my ignorance in the field of electronics or electrical engineering (I have just one undergraduate course in electronics...), I must say that I am genuinely curious as to spiritual properties or insights related to Tesla coils. Personally, I always thought about them as being purely electrical, so I will be honestly intrigued to see what you have observed.

I look forward to the continuation of your post!
Old 04-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Master
Hello Sammy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
Very interesting about the entropy. I wouldn't discount the possibility of doing it.

Sorry if I misled you, but I was referring to entropy as a negative outcome from our industrial age. Meaning that any use of energy dissipates heat - slowly heating up the planet. And there is little we can do about it. It may be our (humanity) source of extinction.

Many have for a long time been trying to turn led into gold. The law goes "nothing can be created nor destroyed, only transfer". This is a law of energy, but as you and I have mentioned all matter is energy.

It might cost insulation and the loss of components and metals, and a new coil might need produced every time. But if we gain enough energy to last a year, it would be saving the Earth a lot more in resources than one coil. So far we have harnessed transferring water, wind, and fire to energy. Perhaps the last step will be metal(Earth).

As far as I can recall, fire (heat) is the only source of energy we have not been able to directly harness. Heat, so far, has to heat something first, like water, to create steam pressure, to turn a turbine. So far, it is not an efficient energy transfer.

The problem being storage and the thermodynamic aspect. Entropy might be the answer to this problem. Another problem being, what happens on Earth with all this extra electricity floating around? Another problem is how do we get it back down safely.

This last part, getting it back down safely might be another answer to harnessing free energy. If we could discover a way to receive lightning strikes via the rods and be able to store its discharge for use later.

The second TC terminal set-up in post # 16 was for experiments for capturing sudden bursts of energy – such as lightning strikes. But an AC device of high frequency was not a good apparatus for these tests. Though lightning often transfers energy up and down many times in a flash (due to resulting exchange of polarities) it is done in low frequencies – such as 10 pulses per second. If we could capture the first transfer of energy from lightning, I believe the apparatus would require to first sense which polarity itself is being presented before the flash. Then open an electrical 'gate' to allow the opposite polarity to burst into it, then as soon as it senses the slightest decrease of its input, to shut the electrical gate to stop any leakage. All this in a fraction of a second.

But I do not think such an operation is the issue. I think the first problem is to figure out how to create a storage device that can insulate and 'hold' mega voltages and amps. But then again, we could ...

Kind of like a reverse tesla coil, so to speak.

have a controlled leakage from upper atmosphere to ground - so to tap from it.
The only thing I do not like about that idea is over using that point of energy. Lightning discharges happen continuously all around the earth. Earth's natural environment has evolved to rely on those discharges. I would hate to think we may start to rob that from nature by having thousands of electrical 'sink holes' so to speak.

I have also been wondering if static build up could be a good way to produce free energy, since it is innately produced from Earth's elements.

Good point. Imagine harnessing the energy released in earthquakes. If we could detect and bleed that energy, we may also stop an earthquake from happening.

I have figured certain fabrics layered inside of a cylinder or sphere spinning in opposite could produce quite a charge at some point. This could be propelled by magnets, lined up with opposite polarity to propel each layer in the desired direction. It's output, at this point could also be managed via the magnetic charge being produced for propulsion. Or even stopped in its tracks by changing to attracted magnetic polarities. Once established the magnets could be operated by the same electricity it had produced and stored.

Sammy, I hope you will give it a go at building this device. It is already working in your head (like Tesla use to do). I am sure you could transfer those ideas to a physical reality.

But if the Earth is producing it naturally, there might be a way to collect it or draw it in.

Again I love the work you've done! Totally awesome!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about harnessing energy. I hope you did not mind my interjections into your previous post.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Master
Hello Katheryn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katheryn
.... I must say that I am genuinely curious as to spiritual properties or insights related to Tesla coils. Personally, I always thought about them as being purely electrical, so I will be honestly intrigued to see what you have observed.

I look forward to the continuation of your post!
Thank you for your interest.
Please remember I am just a mad scientist of little education in this matter of physics and electricity. I am still learning from those who have already posted here.
Many, if not all, of my spiritual insights are not directly linked to electrical phenomena, but more of a consequence of my experiences while tinkering with electricity.

Here is a funny story that has a twisted spiritual consequence.
Actually, this story is set exactly where I am up to in this thread (hmm, interesting).
Because I was lost for an explanation as to what happened with the runaway Tesla coil discharges, I decided to read more about electricity through the nature of sub-atomic particles.
I bought a secondhand textbook from a local campus bookstore. The book was on nuclear physics.

Every day after work, I read and exercised the maths with my calculator, to get some understanding of the subject. It took me three months to get through it.
After closing the book, I sat back and thought about what I just read and learnt.
An hour passed, and then it occurred to me that the source of energy must have originated from somewhere that defies all known knowledge.
Even the Big Bang only explains the energies manifestation and dispersion, but not its source.

Then I said aloud, with an open heart, "There must be a God. I want to know more about God". Suddenly I got a knock on the door.
I thought what a time to get disturbed, I had no idea who it might have been. So I got up and answered the door. The unknown visitor looked at me and said, "Would you be interested in going to a Bible study?"

Well, I could not really say no, not just after I requested to learn more about God. What happened next is another story.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:18 AM
Deactivated Account
I had my 13 year-old son read the accounts of your experiments because he did a paper on Tesla last fall (which, other than a bit in school, was the first time I had researched much about the man...through helping my son gather information and edit his paper). He was in awe...and I reminded him that there won't be any experiments like that in our house...he'll have to wait until he is grown and moved away!

I'm also fascinated by your experiments and how "fearless" you are. I cringed a bit when I read about your tadpole "guinea pig" and was happy to hear he made it back to the pond unharmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
What happened next is another story.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:24 AM
Master
Hello muileag.
I think you are reading too much into '...another story'.

I am glad that your son is interested in science. There is heaps of things a young man can safely experiment with.

I wish to clarify something for your son:

The only drawback with most Tesla coil users, including myself, is the over-fascination with the arc.
Basically, the arc was a simple means for measuring and tuning the coil's output.
Today, we have instruments, though expensive, to do those tasks.
Besides doing experiments that directly relates to the arc, or corona, any discharge is really a nuisance. It is a waste of energy. It is a leakage.
Most experiments done with a high voltage Tesla coil is to test materials and their design parameters, for the purpose of insulating against such energies.

The other side to the Tesla coil, is power and frequency transmission without/minimal leakages. In other words, radio transmissions.
Today, most commercial experiments are in the Ultra High Frequencies (UHF and microwaves).
Only select organisations, such as the military, are interested in Very Low Frequencies (VLF). The Navy uses such low frequencies to communicate with submarines.
Generally, high frequencies transmissions are short-range and have low penetrating (into matter) ability. Where as low frequencies are long-range and high penetrating ability.
Where as UHF bounces off water, VLF penetrates it, even right through the center of the Earth.
Tesla was aware of this VLF ability and wanted to use this to transmit electrical energy through and above the earth.

The point I am saying, is that sometimes the awe of science can be sometimes distracting from more important aspects. There is nothing wrong with awe. Awe, is a way of saying 'here is something that looks promising', it provides some form of hope. In this regard, it is good, but it is still hope (so to speak).

Another way of putting it, is that science fiction is full of awe, and hope.
The scientists take this awe, and then focus on turning it into reality. The world needs both, the science fiction, and the science facts.
Some of the best scientists delve deeply into both.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:42 AM
Ascender
I always welcome skepticism! :) How else would I know what to do next?

I had worried about the robbing Earth aspect as well, and I leaned more on the static discharges.

My static idea has been growing HAHA. Just not enough means to see it through(family, work, life, finances).
Old 05-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Master
After university, I left Sydney again to return to rural settings. In 1997-8 I built another three Tesla coils.
One small dipole coil for small scale experiments. The other two were larger, another dipole and a unique Oudin Coil. The last presented with some difficult construction work.
Again, I have no photos of the larger coils, but I did find one of the smaller dipole.
In the following photos, the smaller coil was used for closer examination of an arc.

To do this, I made a simple microscope. It contained two lenses, both adjustable by sliding them up and down within a PVC tube.
The unique addition was the use of two polarized (sunglasses) lenses at the eye piece. One lens was fixed, while the other could be rotated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:An...polariseur.gif

In this way, if the observed arc was too bright, I could minimize the amount of light entering into my eye.

The small Tesla coil produced a small arc of about 4 inches (100 mm).
To observe an arc length of only 0.5 inches (12 mm), at the microscope end, I needed to dissipate the remaining 3.5 inches.
That is why the coil is positioned, in such a way, for its terminals to arc across to the microscope leads.

The pointed terminals were replaceable. That is, they were plugged into a socket set into the PVC tubes. Other types of terminals could be used.

During observation, I noticed that by adjusting the polarized lenses to almost a blackout, what remained was a very fine (cotton) thread of electrical current flow.
Whereas observing the arc with the naked eye, it looked as thick as a string of wool.
This proved to me that what is mostly observed, by the naked eye, is the dissipated energy field of the arc.
It is said that the channel of current flow of an average lightening strike is only 1-2 inches (25-50 mm) thick. Yet we can see this lightning strike many miles away.

Spiritual insight: The source of spiritual love can be so small, it can hardly be noticed, yet it is capable of great expansion.
I have seen a (spiritual) person, expressing unconditional love, radiate uncreated light that filled a large auditorium.
At the time, not everybody in the auditorium saw this.

This also reminds me of a dream I had as a child. I imagined I was in the clouds as a raindrop. I felt God's grace upon me. It was invigorating. Then I started to fall towards the ocean below.
As I entered into the ocean I became the ocean. This jolted me out of my dream. Instantly I realized that God's grace in me was just a deposit of what is to come.
Another strange part to this story, is since then I have heard other people tell the same story. Is this an example of archetypal imagery?