Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-06-2013, 07:16 PM
* Note: Don't believe a word I say. Find out for yourself...

Ah, Grasshopper...You are correct and you are wrong.

God is both personal and impersonal.
He is sooo personal, He is digesting your food at this very moment.

God is nothing if not pure feelings. Talk about bubbles bursting!! Ha!

He is the little boy inquisitively, impersonally pulling
off a butterfly's wings in the garden and setting the anthill on fire...
while, at the same time, feeling the mother's anguish at her dying son's bedside.
(Times a billion)

"He" feels the carrot as it burrows deep in the dark for more water and feels it's
stretches to the Sun.

Human love is a changeable, fickle emotion.
Divine Love is of a Higher Nature.

The Creator is the most brilliant Being...He created genius....His immense love
when experienced for a few sacred moments transforms the human soul.
It is almost unbearable, and yet like the expansion at childbirth, we somehow do bear it.

You are half correct when you say It He She doesn't care.
He observes and at the same time, this is so fantastic, He cares tooooo much.

Only He can draw you to Him so you can experience more of Who He Is.
I'd say you're on your way.
But, a mind that thinks it knows just how things are is to full of concepts to be given anything else...there's no room left.

May I be so bold and advise to experiment a little with new ideas...from Buddhist practices, to
meditative silent sitting, to praying directly to this invisible Spirit, to asking and waiting for Him to reveal more of Himself...His True Nature.
Of course, you don't have to, but there isn't much to lose and so much to gain.

Take care

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Well there is no god anyway, so yea it leaves us to do the caring.

Hey there! Well I'd say there is a One...or a Great Spirit, as the Native Americans (and probably the Aboriginals also) say...and the One is Love in the sense of universal love, IMO. But the Oneness is not a place where we can dwell or connect with in this existence except momentarily, unless we approach it from a very personally oriented (heart-led) connection. That's something mystics are down with, but other more intellectually oriented traditions (such as some branches of Buddhism) are often not.

Buddha said..."Know the emptiness (the One), but do not dwell there".
Here again, mystical traditions call this emptiness an unconditional or boundless love while intellectual traditions may define it as compassion or similar.
And the love of All for us is there, like the sun shining on the earth...
but it's finding our own path to it -- it's uncovering and nurturing the love of All within each of us -- that is the real story, IMO.

Because we have our own tasks to do, particularly once we've known the emptiness, LOL
We have to get on with the chopping wood, carrying of water, and all the day to day aspects of being.
Or, of interbeing, as Thicht Nhat Hahn says. Of interbeing.

So yes I agree -- that means we are God in human form, and we are God to one another...who else is there to represent to one another in the flesh?
To do that caring and loving you speak of?
There is just us to reach out a hand and offer a kind word to one another.
To offer love and support.
To make peace and love amongst ourselves and not fear and hatred.
And that is one of the real revelations of our time here, IMO.
That God is one of us, just a stranger on the bus, etc. In fact, God is all of us

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 11-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
God is nothing if not pure feelings. Talk about bubbles bursting!! Ha!

Just pulled out your bolded bit...but this was just a beautiful post Miss H.
And I do agree, full stop. I hope we can all come to a place when we realise that everything about us is divine, everything is sacred,
and that all of it, and all of us, is held and accepted in great love. And especially all that is contained within the human heart.

Peace & blessings,
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 11-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire
To clarify my own perspective, the love I personally speak of is not a concept of consciousness, but the natural state of creation in expression, as what is beyond the experience of separation of the mind consciousness systems that we perceive ourselves to be. When there is no experience of separation from source, oneness and wholeness is all there is, as the sweetness of life in an ever fluid pulsating expression of joy and well-being, as experienced from the perspective of us as beings, as extentions of source.

Yes agreed...and nicely said!

Peace & blessings,
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 11-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Im enjoying reading everyones ideas about what god is to them. I feel like mentioning something that i have noticed in my experience. I agree that god is everything. But in going more into the oneness its kind of contradicting in a sense. Because what i have found is the more in that experience i am. The less im around to notice anything other than bliss. Theres no room and my mind is empty. I can experience oneness with things. But when im realy there good luck. Im gone. Its only bliss and its to intoxicating to gather thoughts of much. Its a strain. So its kind of a funny dilema to me. I dont know how it is for others though
Old 11-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Me, too...enjoying this thread.
HI, 7L..

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator
It seems to me, from peoples' experiences, the deeper in we go, the closer to the source, the more bliss...
Now why is that? Because God is Hate??
There has to be something in that bliss experience....
Old 12-06-2013, 02:53 AM
Knower

The personal experience is love because that's what you chose to see. I'd rather chose love than hate too.

Objectively speaking god is neither. For example, those who believe in god but maybe aren't spiritual don't feel love with god but they don't feel hate either. For many people, god just is. I've noticed only in the spiritual community there is this attachment to love with god. I'm still not exactly sure why unless maybe they are all mostly hippies from the sixties trying to carry on this ideal of peace and love.

It's love because that's what you chose to develop. The personal relationship with god you chose is based on love. There's nothing wrong with that though. For me personally, I just don't see it that way. Love is an emotion and I'd rather leave my emotions out of my experience or relationship with god.

This is really all I have to say about this. I refuse to keep repeating myself here. I probably won't change anyone's mind but no one will change mine either. That's just how it is. :)
Old 12-06-2013, 03:08 AM
Ah, Buddhism, then. good choice.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:48 AM
Ivy

Mystic, I am a person within this spiritual community, and I am perfectly at peace with god just being. I don't feel any need to attach any other feeling to it.

To me, love is something that is lacking, but connection with god is in abundance. So the two don't relate. It doesn't seem too difficult to 'get'. But maybe if god was considered a loving, caring being, it would be uncomfortable to feel like one was losing that relationship. So it works either way...however one chooses to relate to god.