Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-01-2022, 11:26 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Words are all we have in an online forum, but posting here on this forum does not have to involve ego.
Here's what the Spiritual myths about the ego don't tell you. There was a BBC documentary on Life in a Tibetan monastery where the monks had 'transcended' their egos. They were being spoon-fed and having their nappies changed because they were too far gone to think "I'm hungry" or "I need to pee." What happens in psychology when people suffer severe emotional trauma is the ego 'collapses' into the self and renders them pretty much unfunctional. Something similar can happen at the break-up of a relationship.

I experienced an egoless state a couple of times and there is no 'I' of any shape or form. There is literally no thing.

The ego is the centre of the field of consciousness.

And yes, I understand intuition, Gnosis and where thoughts arise from and into.

Words convey our consciousness so what words we use and how we use them conveys our consciousness. But words have definitions; your reality is created by your perceptions, your perceptions are created by your beliefs and your beliefs are created by your definitions. Your definitions are created in your unconscious by processes most people don't even know exists, and care not to.

Edit::
Having no ego is the status the ego seeks, and dismissal is often a tool ego uses to that end.
Old 09-01-2022, 11:33 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
But I can still imagine cases where a poster may be egoless, Greenslade.
If you want to imagine, imagine yourself floating around in complete emptiness. No floor, ceilings or walls, no up/down, left/right, here/there. No thoughts, beliefs, mental processes and not even the thought of 'I'. That is as close to egoless as it gets.

If I asked you to describe yourself, "I am" is your ego and everything else is the 'contents' or what you perceive yourself to be. It's that simple. Everything else in your reality becomes relative to that point. Your ego is the 'interface' between your internal and external realities. And mine.

By the way, those bots? Unconscious processes, so they do exist and you're right.
Old 09-01-2022, 11:38 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
And here, between people that supposedly are ''spiritual'', according to a standard, and those that are not.
The differentiated consciousness of the ego at work, which is why words are important. But Spirituality will tell you that there is just Brahman, since we're projecting the Personae of Spiritual beings on a human Journey.

As Donald Hoffman said, "The objective reality is that all reality is subjective." Wat that reality is, is something else entirely.