Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-01-2024, 02:34 PM
Master

I don't fear being dead. It happens to everyone else so whatever comes after, I'm just one number in the endless line. I'm not looking forward to the dying bit and I do hope there won't be too much pain for too long, but I don't think I will have any say in the matter at that time. Most likely I will just dwindle away of illness and old age like almost everyone does now.

But finding out what happens after could be quite interesting and I do look forward to that. I see three option. First option: oblivion. Becoming dust, nothing, returning to the ground my atoms rose from and nothing more. I am very comfortable with that. However with my spiritual beliefs I don't think it will be quite that simple. Second option: becoming spirit. Passing through the veil to the other side and find myself in a crowd of billions of souls and energy beings. And do what? Raise potting plants? Write poems in the sand? Try to communicate with everyone above me, even though not one of them will likely know any of the languages I know or have any common interests or experiences? It will be a long eternity on the infinite busride for my taste. Still I consider it plausible; why would I get any say in what happens? Third option, and the one I am finding most likely: near instant reincarnation. I show up on the other side, get pushed into a queue which ends in a memory stripping machine, and beyond that a portal pushing me into the first available womb. Again I don't see 'choice' being involved.

So basically, I will die and then the system will deal with me one of these ways. No choices. But then, I am sure that to the big system I am about as important as a single celled organism in a drop of water or a cancer cell or a bacteria.
Old 12-01-2024, 05:09 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
True Hemera but if you spend your life worrying about your death,you'll becomea nervous wreck.

One definitely doesn't want to do that! But using death as a teacher means not worrying but the opposite - acceptance.
Old 12-01-2024, 06:11 PM
Master
It is the single greatest fear of humans, because they know they will die. And they will ponder and wonder about what happens. It is the greatest fear from which likely most other fears stem.
Old 12-01-2024, 08:05 PM
Master
death happens to all of us in one way another and animal would not be allowed to suffer like us humans do like us humans do
As I say things know of all of funerals I've been through other people died suffered before their passing
My dad had long disease then before he died he had a massive stroke it was in a stroke what weeks it was there for 8 weeks come back one cotton fiction they got one because the boiler was in the time back in the hospital and died but when I saw an auspect of the bed and I saw him on a hospital bed it was like all his pain are gone away he was free man from all his pain but I remember in come to me before I come and medium I am sorry I left you I didn't want to go I'll leave you but I don't have a choice but without faith and pain
My aunty dot I'd em for saimer she had emphasema she did she also had a stroke before she died but I think a fern cancer on her as well but she was free from her pain because when we went to see her in a chapel of West she was free and happy from all I pain no more suffering
My mum I know I could not ever since and handle of the funeral home people because of current 19 because a curved named in because a curve it night because of covid19 but I did get a see her in the chapel of rest and she was free from all her pain and no more dimension it was like she had a color back in a self
My uncle Faye it was free from parking sense and dementia and health Simons and alzheimes disease and no more suffini when I say even a couple of rest and I stayed in in a chapel of rest it was free and happy
Death is nothing to be scared of it is part of a new journey of your new life away from pain and suffering
I don't know if I am talking sense but I've got a lot of friends in a funeral industry and they won't make me part of it one day especially my local funeral home and I hope so one day too because I know I can help pay for I have gone through especially as a training medium and so on

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 12-01-2024, 08:13 PM
Guide

True dream jo and Altair.This is where your faith comes to the fore.I sat with my mother when she passed.in my opinion death is an end to one chapter and another chapter starts,a chapter to take stock,brush yourself off and eventually start anew.(Wherever that may be).
Old 14-01-2024, 08:14 AM
Ascender
I personally believe it to be a deep rooted fear that we will be without love. Those that we love and hold most dear in present and those no longer with us. The uncertainty of not knowing if we will ever really see those people again.

I feel that fear of the unknown and a nothingness coupled with a loss of control to also be contributing factors.
Old 15-01-2024, 04:37 AM
Master
It is also something 'new' to us and we probably look at death with apprehensions.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 15-01-2024, 08:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
It is also something 'new' to us and we probably look at death with apprehensions.
Excellent point John.
We may have lived many many lives , but in this life death indeed is a "new" experience to us.
Old 15-01-2024, 12:34 PM
Administrator
Death is something I have never been scared of It has never crossed my mind that it would be,
I know a lot of people are afraid but to me it is the fear of the unknown

I looked after a friend until her death she was scared I was explaining things to her but she wasn't convinced in her funeral she was stood in the front of the chapel waving at me with a big smile on her face

Namaste
Old 15-01-2024, 12:34 PM
Administrator
Death is something I have never been scared of It has never crossed my mind that it would be,
I know a lot of people are afraid but to me it is the fear of the unknown

I looked after a friend until her death she was scared I was explaining things to her but she wasn't convinced in her funeral she was stood in the front of the chapel waving at me with a big smile on her face

Namaste