Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-09-2012, 12:03 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
Tnx though the thing is Buzz, i do not see i am like jackhammer.
Compared to how i conduct myself within my own personal explorations,
i explore with others very mildly, i gently look below the surface,
and am surprised when another freaks out so much.
I'm like,"huh, i was just asking a simple question, why the face?"

My dear ol mum is like this.
Yesterday i asked, "How old it this thing you have bought?"
Whoa, didn't she explode with the ow ow and the hey hey and the blood reign.

Gotta go, picking up this item for me mum in town today.
Also, time for a sit down, coffee, music readin' writing, DVD shop, bask in the beauty of the womens in the street mall.

Have fun and enjoy the scenery
Old 11-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Master
Perhaps a little simple or not. This discussion here did bring some thoughts.

Oneness to me is just that I am of this wonder and movement called creation. Its cycles and potentials.

It seems that one builds upon the other and with in this gets intertwined and seems to add to the mix.

It has been going on before me and will continue long after I part. It is continuing and expanding.

It seems there is something that flows through it all. (an energy if you like)

To me, it is life in its revealing, changes, and motion.

I am of it and so is everything else. So all is one with and with in this movement and has with in the potentials and ability to manifest or create. (even if it be in a small way).

Peace
Old 11-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Master
Oneness to me is the silent unboundaried presence in which all creation happens.

Xan

Old 11-09-2012, 03:57 AM
Buzz

As simple and irreverant as my little thread is, the inquiry was more about the the validity of seeking oneness as opposed to oneness concept creation !! Our minds all have images and pictorials flying about to further our oneness cravings. But it is the very idea of holding oneness as a sort of Holy Grail that I was hoping to explore.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:15 AM
Master
Quote:
The only way to prove if god was "always there" is for the observer, the proclaimer,
to have been there at the beginning and the end of this eternity.
If the claim has not been actually experienced, then it remains a theory/concept/belief.

Those who danced on the music,
was perceived as insane by those who could not hear.
Your brain will tell you everything as a Start and an End .

Quote:
I for one would like to see this evidence of the explanation of Oneness.
The current research in quantum physics that shows that all matter is connected only shows that below the atomic and subatomic level,
there is an unknown energy force that connects all matter together.
The researchers of this evidence are not claiming this energy field is god or that it is infinite.
Those claims are made by non scientists who choose to see this evidence is revealing god.

You have answered your own question .

Quote:
One of the things i find unproductive about the Oneness theory is the claim that everything is One, and this Oneness is love.
And how some say..paraphrasing...
"You and I are one so you better get with the program of loving me, you have no excuse because we are one"
To me, this attitude diminishes the power of love.
There is no need for the uber version of love...unconditional love, because there are no conditions, there is only one.

You are the one who claim this theory , The explanation of Oneness
Shows that everything is one and the same . The explaination is all
around us only those who can see will understand ,
the others will go straight ahead to ask themselves . The answer
was in front of them the whole time .

Quote:
Love is at it's best when a person loves another who behaves unlovingly toward them.
When a person loves the hater.
What purpose does love have in a reality when there is no one to love?
None that i can see...love is rendered a pointless force.

"You and I are one so you better get with the program of loving me, you have no excuse because we are one"
Covers over the actual problem within people who are currently strugging to love, the giving and recieving of it.

In the center of a room are two people arguing with each other, getting a bit physical, a bit of rough housing.
Off to the side is a Oneness Advocate(OA) and me(AC), who does not agree with the claims made about Oneness.

You seem to try to explain the divine here , you can't explain something
so complex you must live the experience .
Spirituality show the teaching of living and let go of the mind ,
you are the opposite ,you ask to much questions without experiencing the work of
deep spirituality , do it yourself .

Quote:
AC: why did you throw that blanket over those two?
OA: oh that's the blanket of Oneness, it will stop those two from fighting because they are in fact one, and everything is actually love.
AC: How long does it take to work because they are still fighting?
OA: Oh it begins to work as soon as they accept the explanation to be the truth.
AC: And what if a person chooses to not accept it as truth?
OA: It is the truth, they have to accept it otherwise they will keep fighting, can't they see this solves all of humanity's problems!
AC: Or they could heal their separate individual selves of their blockages to loving others,
and then they will stop fighting.
They can disagree about many things but still love each other.
OA: No no, God...i mean Oneness, sorry, old habits...
Oneness is Love, that is all there is Oneness, Love.
All hail the power of the love blanket ! Come worship with me ! We have tea, coffee and biscuits after the service.

Lack of understanding .
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Oneness is like math, it is used to describe experiences in terms of comparisons.. there is no existent substance called "Oneness", it is an 'idea' people use to contain and wrap-up their observations and beliefs inside of.. the 'still mind' experiences Life happening as it is, the active mind tells stories about what it experiences, the story is not the experience.. Oneness is a story, probably very closely related to the interconnectedness of all things.. the interconnectedness can be observed and experienced, but.. Oneness is inclined to to diminish the necessity of its composite parts, the 'parts' that tell the story of 'Oneness'..

Be well..
Old 11-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Oneness is like math, it is used to describe experiences in terms of comparisons.. there is no existent substance called "Oneness", it is an 'idea' people use to contain and wrap-up their observations and beliefs inside of.. the 'still mind' experiences Life happening as it is, the active mind tells stories about what it experiences, the story is not the experience.. Oneness is a story, probably very closely related to the interconnectedness of all things.. the interconnectedness can be observed and experienced, but.. Oneness is inclined to to diminish the necessity of its composite parts, the 'parts' that tell the story of 'Oneness'..

Be well..

So Tzu are you saying that oneness is a generalization that beyond conceptualization, has no real value. Doesn't that
pretty much sum up most of
what is discussed in places like this?
So am I safe in assuming that the only proof of the pudding is in the tasting and if we aren't eating the puddimg, we are simply droolimg down our shirts?
Or did I read that wrong?
Old 11-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
The only way to prove if god was "always there" is for the observer, the proclaimer,
to have been there at the beginning and the end of this eternity.
If the claim has not been actually experienced, then it remains a theory/concept/belief.
Those who danced on the music,
was perceived as insane by those who could not hear.
Your brain will tell you everything as a Start and an End .
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. " - Angela Monet
"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your own research." - William Cooper

I shall clarify my original statement.

to have been there at the non-beginning of eternity and the non-end of this eternity.

The only way to prove that something goes on forever it to witness it.
A human can only witness something for aprox 100 years.
If records are kept throughout the centuries, humanity has so far only
witnessed something for 100,000 years, for example as i do not know the exact number
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
I for one would like to see this evidence of the explanation of Oneness.
The current research in quantum physics that shows that all matter is connected only shows that below the atomic and subatomic level,
there is an unknown energy force that connects all matter together.
The researchers of this evidence are not claiming this energy field is god or that it is infinite.
Those claims are made by non scientists who choose to see this evidence is revealing god.
You have answered your own question .
~puzzled shrug~ I never asked a question. I made a statement.
You bolding that line of text merely confirms my statement that non scientists claim the bolded text is referring to god.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
One of the things i find unproductive about the Oneness theory is the claim that everything is One, and this Oneness is love.
And how some say..paraphrasing...
To me, this attitude diminishes the power of love.
There is no need for the uber version of love...unconditional love, because there are no conditions, there is only one.
(1)You are the one who claim this theory , (2)The explanation of Oneness
Shows that everything is one and the same . (3)The explaination is all
around us only those who can see will understand ,
the others will go straight ahead to ask themselves . (4)The answer
was in front of them the whole time .
1) I see no claiming of the Oneness theory in what i said. All I see is disagreement and/or queries with aspects of it.

2)"Oneness shows that everything is one and the same.", is a definition at best, not an explanation.

3a)Umm, that would be evidence, not explanation. Evidence is what a person sees, explanation is what a person does.

3b)I take it the "only those who can see will understand" are the ascended ones?

4) Umm, that would be evidence, not answers. Evidence is what a person sees, answer is what a person makes from the processing of evidence.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
Love is at it's best when a person loves another who behaves unlovingly toward them.
When a person loves the hater.
What purpose does love have in a reality when there is no one to love?
None that i can see...love is rendered a pointless force.
Covers over the actual problem within people who are currently strugging to love, the giving and recieving of it.

In the center of a room are two people arguing with each other, getting a bit physical, a bit of rough housing.
Off to the side is a Oneness Advocate(OA) and me(AC), who does not agree with the claims made about Oneness.
(1)You seem to try to explain the divine here , (2)you can't explain something so complex you must live the experience .
(3)Spirituality show the teaching of living and let go of the mind ,
(4)you are the opposite ,you ask to much questions without experiencing the work of
deep spirituality , (5)do it yourself .
1)No, i never try to define the divine, i leave that up to people who think they are ascended and have true knowledge of the divine.

2)If you can't explain complex things, then you can't.
I see no point in projecting your inadequancies onto me.
Dunno about you, but i can explain the experiences i have lived.
I can do both, live th eexperience and explain it.
For me, having the experience enables me to explain it better, as opposed to the lesser comprehension obtained
by listening to another's explanation/account of theirs or their theory/beliefs about it if they have never experienced it.

3)If you mean a principle of the tradition of spirituality it to not think,
then i simply choose to not adhere to this dogmatic principle.
I have a mind and i consider it to be an integral/connected/equal part of spirituality.
Doesn't bother me if you don't want to use your mind, or if you think thinking is unspiritual.

4a)If you think i am opposite to anything, that does not concern me.
If you think i ask too many questions, then you do, what is that to me.
I know i ask questions, too much or too little, i joyfully leave up to others to judge this to their heart's content.

4b)If you think thinking and asking questions is the opposite of "deep spirituality", then you do...i don't
If you think thinking and asking questions is not a task of the work of "deep spirituality", then you don't...i do
From those two statements, what has emerged is that some of your thoughts are opposite to mine.
Dunno about you, but i'm ok with that as i journey on my chosen path.

5)I am living my life, no need to tell me to do that.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
AC: why did you throw that blanket over those two?
OA: oh that's the blanket of Oneness, it will stop those two from fighting because they are in fact one, and everything is actually love.
AC: How long does it take to work because they are still fighting?
OA: Oh it begins to work as soon as they accept the explanation to be the truth.
AC: And what if a person chooses to not accept it as truth?
OA: It is the truth, they have to accept it otherwise they will keep fighting, can't they see this solves all of humanity's problems!
AC: Or they could heal their separate individual selves of their blockages to loving others,
and then they will stop fighting.
They can disagree about many things but still love each other.
OA: No no, God...i mean Oneness, sorry, old habits...
Oneness is Love, that is all there is Oneness, Love.
All hail the power of the love blanket ! Come worship with me ! We have tea, coffee and biscuits after the service.
Lack of understanding .
I imagine from your ascended position, any understanding that may simply be different will look to you like it is less that yours.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Neville

The O in oneness sounds a lot like the I in Individuality to me being governed as it is by the cognitive bias of the experiencer..
Old 11-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Mountain-Goat

Not answering for Tzu..i saw this so i wanted to respond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
So am I safe in assuming that the only proof of the pudding is in the tasting and if we aren't eating the puddimg, we are simply droolimg down our shirts?
If one is not eating pudding, then one is no longer eating pudding.
What is the substance of the drool if not pudding?