Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-01-2019, 01:10 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
THANK YOU!

I needed to hear this... different thread, but relevant message nonetheless.

I'm experiencing that bolded "conspiracy theory" at this very moment. The government and all government institutions are all about "disempowerment" and this really hits hard and home to a spiritual person living on welfare.

We are at the mercy of "the system" and the ONLY way out, is to get off Welfare but that is much easier said than done, but until such times as that happens, we are just the pawns in a sadistic chess game, giving away our power willy nilly for SURVIVAL.

...and if one isn't really humble by nature, it comes to the point of having to eat grass like a cow.

What is it that makes me feel powerless? knowing that everything I have at the moment..A roof overhead, water to drink (can't afford food right now because I owe the government revenue, and failing to pay it will result in jail time...but at least they will feed me there).

So, I have tried the whole "self enquiry" thing and I get one of two answers whenever I ask "who am I"? either "no friggin idea" or "who wants to know?" and so, any advice you may have for me getting beyond that stage is helpful.

Even Shiva has thrown up His hands going "you're on your own now" to which I say "it has been like that for a LONG time...thanks for nothing" and of course, He says "you're welcome...I have NOTHING to offer" so where is my bliss then? I feel cheated.

PS...a "Soul Retrieval" is just what the witchdoctor ordered..great idea!!!

I have spent half my life recovering from one thing or another, whether it be an emotional / mental / financial or all 3 at once to various degrees, now I am recovering after the grief of both parents with a heightened sensitivity and with an even more open heart to the worries of the world . At times I don't know why the bleeding hell am I feeling like this, I don't even know if it's my poop or someone else's haha .

The other week I felt like crying at most things and thought what on earth is going on with me, if life wasn't difficult enough I said out loud, it was like for christ's sake give me a break lol, but through meditation I found out it was the influence of Neptune in my energy causing heightened sensitivity .. I can be effected by the weather, I can be effected by others negativity certain lights and sounds and god only knows what energies from spirit side I am dealing with in regards to my healing / energy work.

It may sound I am all over the place and mentally unstable, but I am quite sound tbh but I have found that I am more open and sensitive to an array of energies now more than ever.

My self healing work rebalances me each day to face another day so to speak, I read a post earlier regarding someone planning ahead in their lives to some degree, the way I feel is that I live day to day but there is nothing wrong with planning ahead, if it works out as planned all well and good, if not then so be it .

What I have learn't in regards to the constant knock backs in life whether it be through government means (like the housing crash) and the recession, wage cuts and such likes where I lost my house and security, to loosing both parents where I lost my soul mate I can only say that it feels personal on one level but it's really not on another. There are so many levels to this it becomes complicated to say the least, but things do seem to work out as they should and in saying that it reflects what is mean't to be, but what is mean't to be can differ from one individual to another hence the different life experiences had from one to another ..

The activist that stands up for human rights is right for them, whereas the a victimised peep that crawls up into a ball of self defeatism and surrenders is right for them also.

All I know is that in each moment one can respond and be a certain way one minute and can completely express the opposite in the next.

What I have gathered as many have is that one does actually learn a lot from their experiences both joyful and traumatic.

There is also the case where one on some level agrees to the hardships encountered prior to incarnation, so even though one can associate blame to the government bodies making life hard for average joe one can in a certain mind state thank them for it helps you grow as an individual, it can help people stand up and fight as said earlier or it can help people let go.

One can stand up one minute and sit down the next it doesn't mean that one is going against one's values it's more about being in tune with oneself and the universe so to speak.

I can only reiterate that knowing self is at the core of life experience at a certain point of understanding the relevance of what transpires in life.

I think for myself, doing the best that I can do has always been an important factor, I have to live with what I say and do and I need the peace of mind more than ever in my life, so at a point one quite naturally lives inline with one's nature.

In regards to your appeal, it's up to you, I remember I was a victim of fraud a few years back buying something online for £350. It was a fake website with fake reviews and in the end I had to take on the bank in order for my money to be refunded. It went on for 6 or so months and I felt the need to pursue it. The bank ended up refunding me as a good will gesture but I could of given up long ago, I could of not been refunded after all my efforts and then I would of had to let that go at some point as another learning curve. (just a silly little example)

I don't think it will do you any harm if you do appeal as long as your hopes are not too high, it would be more of a reflection where you tried your best and you were honest with your expression / reason for doing so, then however it pans out you have peace of mind in that regard.

I think also for many there are issues, annoyances, problems all going on at once and peeps stress levels are through the roof, mental health issues are on the rise as are suicides.

There is no quick fix to all of this for most, even winning the lottery can bring forth a different set of worries and stresses, but all I know is that self healing / meditating, and bringing in the light each day helps me through the next day. So many other aspects also that can aid with a peeps energy level and help with recovering and with life in general, but my post is long enough as it is.

x daz x
Old 09-01-2019, 07:20 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonLon
Hi Kerubiel I like your avatar. Are you really over 100 years old or is that this cupid age?
I like Unseeking Seeker's response very much.

I've met my soul partner a few years ago at the 5th dimension, where it got no time nor space, where you interact each other on soul level.
Ever since then the connection got stronger gradually, and it was only a couple of weeks ago or so when I noticed when I'm with him, we are very, very equal there and there's no such thing as power there. Sure, no sense of power at all.
I can clearly feel the difference because I'm not gone yet lol and still experience this 3D life where power is pretty much visible and can be felt in every way of our lives.

So I'm thinking, power is such a 3D thing. It's manipulation, whether it's for the good or not..

5D is pretty much what we call fate, so there's nothing you can do about it!! So no manipulation involved there.

I also think we make power what it is due to lack (be it mentally, physically) in everything we feel/see or experience (both subjectively and objectively) in this world.
Of course in 5D, since it's not a physical (materialistic) world, you are not looking for materials which you may need power to obtain.

In 5D, the world of oneness with your partner (at least that's the case for me), you are given everything mentally.
Yeah, literally love conquers it all at 5D...gotta appreciate this simplicity. No need of power to make anything(desirable) happen there.

Oh I never share my real age. I do much antiaging magic on my form.

Thanks for liking my avatar. I learned how to persuade the energies of love, to gently coax them along which is why i chose the avatar.

5D sounds nice in your definition of it.

Fate can bring you to many paths tho, including freedom.

Power is everything tho. Its difficult to understand and witness raw power. Sure there are feelings of it, and some you can see but there are many forms invisible to us.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:44 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I think a good mental exercise is to reflect upon 'what you are' and then work your way back to one's present awareness / sense of self.

In another thread I emphasised the same point regarding what is real (in reflection of what you are).

Same could be said regarding power, love, peace etc,etc .

If an individual realized / knew of their source energy then they would realize / know how powerful they really are.

Many conspiracies exist in regards to certain governing bodies want to suppress your innate power by creating a fearful environment but that is another story.

So what is it that makes one feel powerless? Ignorance, fear, lack of realization, while entertaining an abundance of conditioning and beliefs, or one's immediate place in so called spiritual evolution?

Certain shamans have the notion that the soul is fragmented in such a way where one requires to call back one's power from all four directions and from beyond time and space, this reflects the wise saying in that one should never give away their power, not even in the worshipping of God/s .

Know thyself always hits home in regards to everything that this world reflects or suggests one way or the other.

x daz x

Yes, certain thoughts we have, or beliefs can certainly make us or break us. They either can give us great power or remove power from us. They can also build blockages. Believing in yourself, having faith in one's own ability is certainly the way to go. Power always finds a way.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I have spent half my life recovering from one thing or another, whether it be an emotional / mental / financial or all 3 at once to various degrees, now I am recovering after the grief of both parents with a heightened sensitivity and with an even more open heart to the worries of the world . At times I don't know why the bleeding hell am I feeling like this, I don't even know if it's my poop or someone else's haha .

The other week I felt like crying at most things and thought what on earth is going on with me, if life wasn't difficult enough I said out loud, it was like for christ's sake give me a break lol, but through meditation I found out it was the influence of Neptune in my energy causing heightened sensitivity .. I can be effected by the weather, I can be effected by others negativity certain lights and sounds and god only knows what energies from spirit side I am dealing with in regards to my healing / energy work.

It may sound I am all over the place and mentally unstable, but I am quite sound tbh but I have found that I am more open and sensitive to an array of energies now more than ever.

My self healing work rebalances me each day to face another day so to speak, I read a post earlier regarding someone planning ahead in their lives to some degree, the way I feel is that I live day to day but there is nothing wrong with planning ahead, if it works out as planned all well and good, if not then so be it .

What I have learn't in regards to the constant knock backs in life whether it be through government means (like the housing crash) and the recession, wage cuts and such likes where I lost my house and security, to loosing both parents where I lost my soul mate I can only say that it feels personal on one level but it's really not on another. There are so many levels to this it becomes complicated to say the least, but things do seem to work out as they should and in saying that it reflects what is mean't to be, but what is mean't to be can differ from one individual to another hence the different life experiences had from one to another ..

The activist that stands up for human rights is right for them, whereas the a victimised peep that crawls up into a ball of self defeatism and surrenders is right for them also.

All I know is that in each moment one can respond and be a certain way one minute and can completely express the opposite in the next.

What I have gathered as many have is that one does actually learn a lot from their experiences both joyful and traumatic.

There is also the case where one on some level agrees to the hardships encountered prior to incarnation, so even though one can associate blame to the government bodies making life hard for average joe one can in a certain mind state thank them for it helps you grow as an individual, it can help people stand up and fight as said earlier or it can help people let go.

One can stand up one minute and sit down the next it doesn't mean that one is going against one's values it's more about being in tune with oneself and the universe so to speak.

I can only reiterate that knowing self is at the core of life experience at a certain point of understanding the relevance of what transpires in life.

I think for myself, doing the best that I can do has always been an important factor, I have to live with what I say and do and I need the peace of mind more than ever in my life, so at a point one quite naturally lives inline with one's nature.

In regards to your appeal, it's up to you, I remember I was a victim of fraud a few years back buying something online for £350. It was a fake website with fake reviews and in the end I had to take on the bank in order for my money to be refunded. It went on for 6 or so months and I felt the need to pursue it. The bank ended up refunding me as a good will gesture but I could of given up long ago, I could of not been refunded after all my efforts and then I would of had to let that go at some point as another learning curve. (just a silly little example)

I don't think it will do you any harm if you do appeal as long as your hopes are not too high, it would be more of a reflection where you tried your best and you were honest with your expression / reason for doing so, then however it pans out you have peace of mind in that regard.

I think also for many there are issues, annoyances, problems all going on at once and peeps stress levels are through the roof, mental health issues are on the rise as are suicides.

There is no quick fix to all of this for most, even winning the lottery can bring forth a different set of worries and stresses, but all I know is that self healing / meditating, and bringing in the light each day helps me through the next day. So many other aspects also that can aid with a peeps energy level and help with recovering and with life in general, but my post is long enough as it is.

x daz x
Thank you, Daz.

I think that one of the worst things, is having enough self-realisation to know and understand that these things shouldn't bother one who is on the path of spirituality, and yet, at the subconscious level, it still does, despite "knowing better" on the conscious level.

Thank you for also putting these things into perspective for me, through your own experiences and I am also very sorry for your difficulties and for your loss...Maybe the reason why a lot of people turn to spirituality, is to try and make some sense of suffering (as Buddha did) or to try and develop coping strategies to stop them from going totally crazy.

Sometimes I don't know if spirituality is a way to find the truth, or a way out of pain, or both...and my recent forays on the internet have only produced copious articles about how "spiritual people" are all being self-realised in their attempts to actually escape reality instead of facing it:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/highexi...my-growth/amp/

https://www.google.com/search?q=spir...obile&ie=UTF-8

So, how does one really know if they are just "bypassing" if it is occurring at a subconscious or unconscious level? As such, is there REALLY anything other than what we perceive? or is believing in all this spiritual/ascension stuff the "grand illusion" that is spoken of?

Having said that, is it really a big deal?

I mean, one's brain chemistry cannot tell the difference between a mind living in "reality" and accepting a delusion AS reality.

Who is to say what is a "delusion" and what is a "personal truth" anyway?

For years, I have shyed away from developing a "Pollyanna attitude" in regards to stuff that is too painful to bear by denying that it ever did (like a LOT of people do) believing that this is the height of self deceit and self defeat..However, they are all willfully and blissfully ignorant, while I remain miserably ignorant existing in a conditioned reality that I find very difficult to just ignore or say "everything happens for a reason...love and light".

However, I guess that for the "spiritually enlightened", all those who are NOT "spirituality enlightened" and accuse them of living in a delusion, just doesn't matter to them, because the detractors are NOT "spiritually enlightened" and existing at a much lower vibration...ergo, they wouldn't know what spirituality is even if they stepped in it.

I am just totally confused right now.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Thank you, Daz.
For years, I have shyed away from developing a "Pollyanna attitude" in regards to stuff that is too painful to bear by denying that it ever did (like a LOT of people do) believing that this is the height of self deceit and self defeat..However, they are all willfully and blissfully ignorant, while I remain miserably ignorant existing in a conditioned reality that I find very difficult to just ignore or say "everything happens for a reason...love and light".

However, I guess that for the "spiritually enlightened", all those who are NOT "spirituality enlightened" and accuse them of living in a delusion, just doesn't matter to them, because the detractors are NOT "spiritually enlightened" and existing at a much lower vibration...ergo, they wouldn't know what spirituality is even if they stepped in it.

I am just totally confused right now.

Shivani, I'm a newbie but looks like you are very into Yoga. Are you familiar with the Buddhist idea that any attachment (this is obviously different from what we call unconditional love) hinders your personal (spiritual) development? They teach you not to cling to your emotion, be it good ones or bad. This is not to say you need to be emotionless, but you just feel (experience it) and that' it. Don't recall good or bad memories in a way you cling to your past. Emotion itself is not evil, having emotion is what makes people a human, but the attachment to it is not desirable.

I've also read quite a few very enlightening articles (about philosophy? psychology? sorry I don't know) saying that many, many people confuse their emotion with your own self thanks to your ego who needs identity to justify its existence. People naturally think,if you are feeling happy, you are a happy person. No, the authors said. Although emotion may indeed come from you, it is not you, so be detached to it as much as possible while experiencing them (this is important.You don't need to suppress your feeling at all. On the contrary, you are encouraged to experience it. But just let it naturally flow as it is and be objective, don't judge.), and observe your emotion as a third person. This is not any different from the way your ego tries to identify yourself by attaching yourself to anything that comes from outside of you, things like social status, wealth, power, etc..Wealth is not you, power is not you, nor is your emotion. You can learn that no emotion can change/control real you.

As for the distinction between illusion(delusion) and the reality, only your intuition can tell. If non-intuitive people say intuition is also an illusion, too, then, there's absolutely nothing I can say to them. You do know what you dreamed was not what had actually happen, when you wake up, no? So people do have a sense to make a distinction between the two in their system. The same goes for spiritual awakening. If you are truly awake, you know what's it like to be asleep.(I've got the ability to reach 5D a few years ago and I'm still here in 3D so I can understand the difference with ease, but I'll stop here on that.)
I do also believe you need your heart to be as pure as possible, since delusions implies you are full of greed to make something special happen to you based on your desire or interest. That is not the case for people who simply live their reality with not much expectations, just like how Buddhist would recommend you to.

As for escaping the reality matter, I think Buddhist actually welcome the attitude that you don't seek much from this world. All they care is abandoning your attachments in this world so that you won't build up your karma any more and can finally end your reincarnation process. Of course by doing that, you can also try to be the person with unconditional love and live a positive life, just like many people here aspire to, so it doesn't necessarily mean you are escaping from the reality at all. Keep in mind that positive life is more like living by being yourself,(which won't even imply self-realization) not the perfect model life made by others.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Shivani, I'm a newbie but looks like you are very into Yoga. Are you familiar with the Buddhist idea that any attachment (this is obviously different from what we call unconditional love) hinders your personal (spiritual) development? They teach you not to cling to your emotion, be it good ones or bad. This is not to say you need to be emotionless, but you just feel (experience it) and that' it. Don't recall good or bad memories in a way you cling to your past. Emotion itself is not evil, having emotion is what makes people a human, but the attachment to it is not desirable.

I've also read quite a few very enlightening articles (about philosophy? psychology? sorry I don't know) saying that many, many people confuse their emotion with your own self thanks to your ego who needs identity to justify its existence. People naturally think,if you are feeling happy, you are a happy person. No, the authors said. Although emotion may indeed come from you, it is not you, so be detached to it as much as possible while experiencing them (this is important.You don't need to suppress your feeling at all. On the contrary, you are encouraged to experience it. But just let it naturally flow as it is and be objective, don't judge.), and observe your emotion as a third person. This is not any different from the way your ego tries to identify yourself by attaching yourself to anything that comes from outside of you, things like social status, wealth, power, etc..Wealth is not you, power is not you, nor is your emotion. You can learn that no emotion can change/control real you.

As for the distinction between illusion(delusion) and the reality, only your intuition can tell. If non-intuitive people say intuition is also an illusion, too, then, there's absolutely nothing I can say to them. You do know what you dreamed was not what had actually happen, when you wake up, no? So people do have a sense to make a distinction between the two in their system. The same goes for spiritual awakening. If you are truly awake, you know what's it like to be asleep.(I've got the ability to reach 5D a few years ago and I'm still here in 3D so I can understand the difference with ease, but I'll stop here on that.)
I do also believe you need your heart to be as pure as possible, since delusions implies you are full of greed to make something special happen to you based on your desire or interest. That is not the case for people who simply live their reality with not much expectations, just like how Buddhist would recommend you to.

As for escaping the reality matter, I think Buddhist actually welcome the attitude that you don't seek much from this world. All they care is abandoning your attachments in this world so that you won't build up your karma any more and can finally end your reincarnation process. Of course by doing that, you can also try to be the person with unconditional love and live a positive life, just like many people here aspire to, so it doesn't necessarily mean you are escaping from the reality at all. Keep in mind that positive life is more like living by being yourself,(which won't even imply self-realization) not the perfect model life made by others.
I have agonised over the concept of Maya for months now!

To not be "attached" is pretty one sided and lop sided, if one only seeks to unattach from everything that causes suffering (dukkha) yet still be attached to everything causing joy, pleasure and bliss (ananda)...It sort of defeats the whole purpose of cultivating detachment in the first place.

To say that everything is Maya including who I am, who you are, the whole world, money, the laws of the land etc means that even Dharma (Dhamma) is Maya, because you can't say that everything EXCEPT "X" is an illusion...either everything is Maya..or else nothing is! ...So, you don't pay a traffic fine because that is Maya..get thrown in jail, which is also Maya...get beaten up by fellow inmates, which is Maya..and die a lonely, horrible death which is also Maya...and what have you learned through this whole process? absolutely nothing...so you need to come back again and yet again until you "get it right".
Old 10-01-2019, 05:56 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I have agonised over the concept of Maya for months now!

To not be "attached" is pretty one sided and lop sided, if one only seeks to unattach from everything that causes suffering (dukkha) yet still be attached to everything causing joy, pleasure and bliss (ananda)...It sort of defeats the whole purpose of cultivating detachment in the first place.

To say that everything is Maya including who I am, who you are, the whole world, money, the laws of the land etc means that even Dharma (Dhamma) is Maya, because you can't say that everything EXCEPT "X" is an illusion...either everything is Maya..or else nothing is! ...So, you don't pay a traffic fine because that is Maya..get thrown in jail, which is also Maya...get beaten up by fellow inmates, which is Maya..and die a lonely, horrible death which is also Maya...and what have you learned through this whole process? absolutely nothing...so you need to come back again and yet again until you "get it right".

OK so you define your life as Maya, too then I don't think I can comment on that. Sorry to bother you.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
OK so you define your life as Maya, too then I don't think I can comment on that. Sorry to bother you.
You are not bothering me at all.

I don't define my life as Maya... because if I DID, I would HAVE no attachments, no suffering...no pleasure nor pain... nothing!

It is not only the Buddhists who have this concept of Maya... Advaita Vedanta subscribes to this theory as well... everything is Brahman..Non Duality rules the day.

I am only explaining and expounding my thought process, which really has nothing to do with how I see myself.

Suffice to say, my "Higher Self" still remains in tact despite my ego asserting itself:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jnanagn...a-2-14-15/amp/

Basically, to live as a Buddha or a Jnani in this world, one must be enlightened already, because trying to attain enlightenment whilst wondering where their next meal is going to come from is a pretty tall order.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:35 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
You are not bothering me at all.

I don't define my life as Maya... because if I DID, I would HAVE no attachments, no suffering...no pleasure nor pain... nothing!

It is not only the Buddhists who have this concept of Maya... Advaita Vedanta subscribes to this theory as well... everything is Brahman..Non Duality rules the day.

I am only explaining and expounding my thought process, which really has nothing to do with how I see myself.

Suffice to say, my "Higher Self" still remains in tact despite my ego asserting itself:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jnanagn...a-2-14-15/amp/

Basically, to live as a Buddha or a Jnani in this world, one must be enlightened already, because trying to attain enlightenment whilst wondering where their next meal is going to come from is a pretty tall order.

I somewhat took your certain questions for people with no particular religious background as something that doesn't require any jargon so I still need to excuse myself for communicating in almost different language lol (English is not my native tongue but what you've written appears to me as yet another foreign language!)

What I get from Buddhist teaching is different from you, as at least the majority of the Buddhists in Japan try to convey Buddha's messages and encourage the secular people to put them into practice in a way it is very achievable in their daily lives. It only requires a dozen of concepts which is pretty easy to grasp as they are quite down to earth, dealing with the real life questions. Unlike in India where it originated, the Buddhism developed to be very inclusive here to all people not just elites, and most of the cases I understand their chants just by my intuition (which I rarely try to do as I'm not really a Buddhist).

Anyway, thank you for further explanation and hopefully I get to see you again somewhere else and learn from you too.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:48 AM
Master
Quote:
I somewhat took your certain questions for people with no particular religious background as something that doesn't require any jargon so I still need to excuse myself for communicating in almost different language lol (English is not my native tongue but what you've written appears to me as yet another foreign language!)

What I get from Buddhist teaching is different from you, as at least the majority of the Buddhists in Japan try to convey Buddha's messages and encourage the secular people to put them into practice in a way it is very achievable in their daily lives. It only requires a dozen of concepts which is pretty easy to grasp as they are quite down to earth, dealing with the real life questions. Unlike in India where it originated, the Buddhism developed to be very inclusive here to all people not just elites, and most of the cases I understand their chants just by my intuition (which I rarely try to do as I'm not really a Buddhist).

Anyway, thank you for further explanation and hopefully I get to see you again somewhere else and learn from you too.
I apologise for that. I am Hindu and my "default language" is Sanskrit, even though English IS my mother tongue.