Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-03-2024, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
About 530 million years ago, more than half of the major animal groups (called phyla) appear suddenly in the fossil record. That is life form creation, not evolution. The ape/human hybrids appeared suddenly fossil records show.

The Cambrian Explosion doesn't challenge the fundamental correctness of the central thesis of evolution. There are various very interesting Scientific explanations (imo) available online. While 'fossil records' are important they don't show the whole picture, there must also be undiscovered Fossils still to be found. A jigsaw puzzle without all the pieces doesn’t reveal a complete picture....
Old 17-03-2024, 11:31 AM
Molearner

Evolution will command more of my attention when those aware of their past incarnations can remember being a monkey or an ape……
Old 17-03-2024, 01:24 PM
Well, we have not heard from the OP, Matt.

I will add what I usually do about these things...Better to go to the source yourself...rather than
wondering or reading ads about a dentist or Disney World,
See for yourself...next best thing:Talk to people you trust - that know
him or have been to Disney World themselves.
Otherwise it's all guessing and speculation.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-03-2024, 03:24 PM
Seeker
"Christians" claim a lot of things. Sifting through the various claims it can be seen that some would appear to contradict others. Then again, "Christians" often claim that the spirit guides them.

What a mess.

I tend to favour the claim by some "Christians" that God is incomprehensible. At least that offers a good starting point.....or should that be "ending point"?

Anyway, enough for now. I recommend the new flavour milkshake in McDonald's, vanilla. A great subtlety of flavour, with a gorgeous finishing bouquet.
Old 17-03-2024, 03:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Evolution will command more of my attention when those aware of their past incarnations can remember being a monkey or an ape……

From my reading about such things when souls are created the result is not predictable. So certain energies and who knows what are put together and manipulated in various ways by various means and out pops a batch of new souls. (A type of an aware energy form) Some are suited to be in human bodies, some are suited to be in animal bodies, some suited to be in plants etc. From what I read, the types suited to be human are relatively rare in the process of creation of such things.

1 Corinthians 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. 39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

I think human souls are unique in that they have the ability to transcend their physical body programming in profound ways. To consciously choose states of being/consciousness other than those automatically produced by the brain. So I assume no human level type souls would have lived as an ape. However I think human souls could have lived as an ape/human hybrid and I think I remember a few people in new age books recounting lives as a type of "caveman" which could have been a Neanderthal or something along those lines. Early human/ape hybrid types.

In my understanding evolution and creation are not competing realities or theories and both to me are obviously true as I define and understand them. In fact, I see the functions of evolution, natural selection, to be existing in the design of the created life forms. I think some might believe "evolution" is a theory about life form creation but to me it is a theory about life form changing/adapting to environmental conditions which I think is obviously a fact. Like the white and black moths in early industrialized London where all the white moths died off as they stood out against the dark ash that covered rooftops so birds easily ate them. The black moths survived to reproduce.

A funny thing about human evolution is humans tend to take care of each other and are highly intelligent and creative. So a trait like blindness, which in the animal kingdom would probably be eliminated due to natural selection, continues in human DNA. A simple example of evolution through natural selection is running speed in cheetahs. Cheetah's who could not run fast would die off over time leaving only the fast ones to reproduce and carry on their traits.

2 Corinthians 6 So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord.
Old 17-03-2024, 06:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogensoto

Anyway, enough for now. I recommend the new flavour milkshake in McDonald's, vanilla. A great subtlety of flavour, with a gorgeous finishing bouquet.

I'll second that, it's yummy
Old 17-03-2024, 08:01 PM
That post # 45, Maisy was great...hope you have been reading the Sparrow thread for the past few says.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-03-2024, 09:51 PM
Master
Hard to believe the single stranded RNA evolved into the double helix DNA. And why is DNA a double helix? Some claim that might have took some inteligence.......... instead of by chance.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-03-2024, 01:10 PM
Molearner

We ignore the evolution in the Bible. Genesis points to many things. People see 2 creation stories……where I see Plan A and Plan B…..Plan A was purely a spiritual body….completely one with God in the state of non-duality. The separation came with sin and necessitated Plan B. The Spirit was taken away from man(Gen. 3:22, Gen. 6:3)…..man evolved from being vegetarian….Genesis 9:3…
Old 18-03-2024, 02:20 PM
Master
If you look at the two creation accounts: they were written by two different people or groups.

One was from an Elohist viewpoint and the other from a Yahwist viewpoint.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.