Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Yes... I call this the mind's backlash. It returns to the old familiar patterns, which gradually diminish.

Some aspects of the mind get transformed like this, and others just fade away without your noticing... until one day you realize, "Hey! I haven't done _______ for a long while!"

Well that's very good news.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliemcsnarly
I do speak for myself, but I also ask for guidance. I don't know what the truth about Enlightenment is.

Well, there's a hundred people trying to TELL you ay?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Well, there's a hundred people trying to TELL you ay?

Hehe, yes, there are.

But it's ok, I use it to incite contemplation, rather than believe concepts.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:16 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Enlightenment is not ambiguous or arbitrary in the sense that it is a general tendency of Nature, an incessant universal process available to all constituents - the evolution of consciousness. It is subjective however, in its specific manifestations as experience within individual lives. When objective comparisons or definitions are attempted to be imposed on this phenomenon, it does create the appearance of arbitrariness or ambiguity, when in fact - all individual enlightenments are simply unique in terms of quality, 'degree', and timing.

~ J
You have demonstrated the ambiguous and arbitrary nature of enlightenment, and tried to disclaim it.. you start out saying what enlightenment is not, then describe it as what you say it is not..

Enlightenment is a belief, a word used to describe a shift in consciousness and understanding, a realization of expanded awareness, but.. it is the contents of consciousness and understanding that affect the actuality of existence..

Be well..
Old 10-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Enlightenment is not ambiguous or arbitrary in the sense that it is a general tendency of Nature, an incessant universal process available to all constituents - the evolution of consciousness. It is subjective however, in its specific manifestations as experience within individual lives. When objective comparisons or definitions are attempted to be imposed on this phenomenon, it does create the appearance of arbitrariness or ambiguity, when in fact - all individual enlightenments are simply unique in terms of quality, 'degree', and timing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Enlightenment is a belief, a word used to describe a shift in consciousness and understanding, a realization of expanded awareness, but.. it is the contents of consciousness and understanding that affect the actuality of existence

Hi TzuJanLi,

If I understand what you are saying, imo, these represent the same thing and are not mutually exclusive.

~ J

Old 10-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Humm

Quote:
Hehe, yes, there are.

But it's ok, I use it to incite contemplation, rather than believe concepts.
You mean you see the participation of others as an encouragement to personal expansion rather than as a disturbance that must be controlled?

Amazing!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
You mean you see the participation of others as an encouragement to personal expansion rather than as a disturbance that must be controlled?

Amazing!

Haha.

I've actually come to find the mix of opinions and personalities on this forum quite a beautiful thing. It wouldn't be the same without Tzu disagreeing with Xan or Gem telling you not to buy into any of it.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Humm

Quote:
Haha.

I've actually come to find the mix of opinions and personalities on this forum quite a beautiful thing. It wouldn't be the same without Tzu disagreeing with Xan or Gem telling you not to buy into any of it.
You, my friend, are quite an enlightened individual.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
You, my friend, are quite an enlightened individual.

Haha, well I don't know about that. I'm sure it won't be long before someone catches me in a bad mood and presses my buttons.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Humm

Quote:
Haha, well I don't know about that. I'm sure it won't be long before someone catches me in a bad mood and presses my buttons.
With your attitudes I think you are a pretty safe bet.