Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Master

Enlightenment is not ambiguous or arbitrary in the sense that it is a general tendency of Nature, an incessant universal process available to all constituents - the evolution of consciousness. It is subjective however, in its specific manifestations as experience within individual lives. When objective comparisons or definitions are attempted to be imposed on this phenomenon, it does create the appearance of arbitrariness or ambiguity, when in fact - all individual enlightenments are simply unique in terms of quality, 'degree', and timing.

~ J
Old 09-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Master
Expressing that unconditional love we feel seems to be the biggest challenge for most people ...
Old 09-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Master
For the expressing part, I leave that to the wisdom of love itself.

We get into trouble when we try to act loving from the mind of ideas, which doesn't know/feel this love at all.

One teacher said, "Just feel it... then see what you do."

It's the next step... from experiencing this love to surrendering to it.

Xan

Old 09-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Master
'Unconditional love' is a challenge to most because lots of us feel that love is an action word / verb - we have to 'do' something to prove it or demonstrate it in our 'actions' - in our lives. If we're happy with living our lives in this perfect state (?), then there's nothing we actually do to prove it or show it to others. I'm thinking it's where we don't do stuff - like judge, nag, worry, blah blah blah about those we care about. My 2 cents~*

Old 09-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Master
there's nothing we actually do to prove it or show it to others.

Yep... or even help others with it.

There came a point when I trusted the power of love enough that I gave up trying to show or use or direct it.... now it uses me.

Xan

Old 09-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Enlightenment is not ambiguous or arbitrary in the sense that it is a general tendency of Nature, an incessant universal process available to all constituents - the evolution of consciousness. It is subjective however, in its specific manifestations as experience within individual lives. When objective comparisons or definitions are attempted to be imposed on this phenomenon, it does create the appearance of arbitrariness or ambiguity, when in fact - all individual enlightenments are simply unique in terms of quality, 'degree', and timing.

~ J
Post of the week!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Those glimpses you've mentioned before are it, Charlie... but between glimpses the mind again tries to understand what it cannot. How to be with this and increase the glimpses until whole/empty awareness becomes constant for you?

Keep returning your attention to the silent open space of being and let go all the time.

Xan[/color]

This I can do,

Although the thing is, when a glimpse comes, it seems to hold so much power and understanding that the mind instantly jumps all over it and tries to figure it all out. It intrigues and fascinates the mind, then because the mind is firing away again, the glimpse remains just that, a single glimpse.

This feels like an important process though. It's almost as if the mind is turning each ineffable glimpse into wisdom, something that can be used in the logical world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
There came a point when I trusted the power of love enough that I gave up trying to show or use or direct it.... now it uses me.

That's interesting. Is that like surrender?
Old 09-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

when in fact - all individual enlightenments are simply unique in terms of quality, 'degree', and timing.

Perhaps it is this that makes it seem ambiguous. As Xan says, it stops becoming ambiguous when we see the whole truth for ourselves.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Edit - Questions already answered in the posts I didn't read
Old 09-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Master
Keep returning your attention to the silent open space of being and let go all the time.

This I can do,

Although the thing is, when a glimpse comes, it seems to hold so much power and understanding that the mind instantly jumps all over it and tries to figure it all out. It intrigues and fascinates the mind, then because the mind is firing away again, the glimpse remains just that, a single glimpse.

Yes... I call this the mind's backlash. It returns to the old familiar patterns, which gradually diminish.

This feels like an important process though. It's almost as if the mind is turning each ineffable glimpse into wisdom, something that can be used in the logical world.

Some aspects of the mind get transformed like this, and others just fade away without your noticing... until one day you realize, "Hey! I haven't done _______ for a long while!"

Xan