Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-07-2014, 04:24 AM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-thing-ness
Shocking really, the power of religion to inflict such trauma on its followers.

No, it is not. Only your experience.

Quote:
The most 'spiritual' people I have known have not belonged to any belief system. Being religious is not a badge of honor and doesn't make you any holier than anyone else! And the most hypocritical people I've met refer to themselves as christians.

I totally agree, being religious is not a badge of honor and doesn't make you any holier than anyone else! But the most hypocritical people I've met refer to themselves as "spiritual".

Quote:
And before you chirp away, yes, their are good and bad folk in all walks of life. Their are good and bad in religion and politics, and plenty of examples can be cited - especially the horrendous exploitive TV evangelists of the US!

I will continue to chirp away if as long as you are. But I never watch horrendous exploitive TV evangelists of the US. Not my kind of religion practice or belief system. Maybe you should stop watching? It can feed your beliefs about religion in general and you might even think that what you are watching on TV (and read on Facebook) is all there is in the world. I really hope that you are not doing that, that you are out in the real world talking to people from different religions. So you get a more nuanced, clear and truthful view of religion and it's followers.
Old 21-07-2014, 12:56 AM
Master
An interesting rebuttal to this thread would be " The 100 proofs that God is not real";

now that would be interesting to see.
Old 21-07-2014, 01:24 AM
Deactivated Account
SW. if you follow a belief system and adhere unquestioningly to that belief system then you are mind controlled, its no great shame! We are all under some form of mind control, advertising is one form of mind control as the adverts are aimed to pursuade you to purchase a particular item. For example, how about the power of advertising which 'pursuades' people to camp out for the latest i phone?!?! Thats pretty powerful. Advertising has become an art form and uses subtle methods to get you to buy the advertised products.

When people realise whats being done to them and they begin to question the belief system they have followed, they begin to unravel the layers of conditioning. It happened to me when I realised how suffocating the belief system was that I had followed, and also when I looked closely at the belief system and researched it I knew it was not for me. Obviously those folk who remain are meant to be there as that is their current experience.

If I were to say that a particular car was not roadworthy I am speaking of the car and not the driver! In condemning orthodox organised religion I am speaking of the religion and not its followers. Surely not that hard to grasp?!?!

I will not be answering any further questions/remarks pertaining to the above as its been explained enough and should be as clear as daylight to someone with a modicum of intelligence.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”

'In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination.'

'Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion -- several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight.'

Old 21-07-2014, 01:27 AM
Deactivated Account
Proof of claim that their is a g_d is on the believer - and it cannot be proven, no matter how poetic the answers become!

The Tao, - the Tao that can be spoken of is not the erternal Tao.

'In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination.'

'Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion -- several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight.'

Old 21-07-2014, 04:27 AM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
SW. if you follow a belief system and adhere unquestioningly to that belief system then you are mind controlled, its no great shame! We are all under some form of mind control, advertising is one form of mind control as the adverts are aimed to pursuade you to purchase a particular item. For example, how about the power of advertising which 'pursuades' people to camp out for the latest i phone?!?! Thats pretty powerful. Advertising has become an art form and uses subtle methods to get you to buy the advertised products.

When people realise whats being done to them and they begin to question the belief system they have followed, they begin to unravel the layers of conditioning. It happened to me when I realised how suffocating the belief system was that I had followed, and also when I looked closely at the belief system and researched it I knew it was not for me. Obviously those folk who remain are meant to be there as that is their current experience.

If I were to say that a particular car was not roadworthy I am speaking of the car and not the driver! In condemning orthodox organised religion I am speaking of the religion and not its followers. Surely not that hard to grasp?!?!

I will not be answering any further questions/remarks pertaining to the above as its been explained enough and should be as clear as daylight to someone with a modicum of intelligence.

.... if you follow a belief system and adhere unquestioningly to that belief system then you are mind controlled, its no great shame!...

You can not equal this with religion. I can visit a mosque one a month and sleep while I am there, I can believe anything they say, or nothing they say, or anything in between. RELIGION is NOT equal to mind control, get it? Surely not that hard to grasp?!?!

All else I agree with
Old 21-07-2014, 04:57 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
An interesting rebuttal to this thread would be " The 100 proofs that God is not real".
How does one prove a negative?

Give me 100 proofs that there is not a colony of purple squirrels living in a teapot which orbits Pluto.
Old 21-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Deactivated Account
SS, I am sticking with what I have said about religion being mind control. Its a necessary part of our Journey to experience this, all experience is valid. Shall we just agree to disagree and leave it at that? You are not going to change your view and neither am I, so repeating the same lines in different clothing isn't going to take us anywhere!

All experience whether it is viewed as apparent good, apparent bad or apparent bad is as it should be.

Reality never loses!
100% success rate.

The loser is the conditioned ego.

Again, these are just my opinions and are not offered as proof of anything other than entertainment purposes

Old 21-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
How does one prove a negative?

Give me 100 proofs that there is not a colony of purple squirrels living in a teapot which orbits Pluto.

Can you then give me 10 proofs that God does not exist?

How about just 5?

I have given over 200 proofs that God does exist; it would then follow that an honest rebuttal would at least give as much to prove against.

Seems reasonable to me?
Old 21-07-2014, 12:46 PM
elisi

god may be real or may not be real.........but the 'proofs' you have provided only 'prove' that's your opinion or that they prove science.

no one can prove god. it only proves you believe in god.

why does anyone have to prove he/she/it exists anyways? you believe what you believe and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
Old 21-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Deactivated Account
the question of the existence of g_d is futile, fun though as we share our thoughts on this unanswerable question.

When JW's call round I ask them for their Proof of Claim! They can never provide any such thing! I like JW's, I really do! Almost as much as scientologists!

For me it should be - Who or what Am I? Pointless asking who/what g_d is when I don't even know who I am - apart from Awareness experiencing Life.

These are my current opinions and are shared for entertainment purposes only!!!