Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Poetry

Old 20-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Experiencer
TheGreenQueen, I'd like to share this bit of me with you.

I lost a 6 year old grandson to cancer. I helped with the battle, sitting in hospital rooms, making laughter and fun any way I could; getting my fanny handed to me playing cards with that clever little scamp; wearing fake Groucho Marx nose and mustaches to surprise his doctor; dancing to Springsteen's Hungry Heart until he got diarrhea from our antics and the chemo.

Isolated for a bone marrow transplant in a children's hospital, he asked me to go buy coloring books and crayons so he could share them with the other kids on the ward. He played jokes on his family and his nurses and cried for other's pain and suffering. When he had painful procedures he just complied bravely and all he ever said was, 'owie owie owie.'

I listened to the things people said when he died. I was amazed at how many verbalized the 'tragedy' that Adam never got to grow up and know love, get married, have children. I stood up at his funeral and said, 'Adam was a complete man. He was honest, loving and compassionate. He was full of joy and appreciation.' I meant it.

When I told you I believe it isn't necessary to experience romance to be a complete person, I meant that too. In many ways, he was a better man than his father, his grandfathers and a great many other men I have know. But I have known some wonderful men that were not romances for me. I love having male friends. And I thank God over and over for the experience of eros in my life. If it hadn't been present, I likely would have had grand adventures, not being all messed up the drama of it all. It's all been GRAND!

It was grand having the little boy, not the losing of him. But he came back for me, twice. Once at his grave saying, 'I'm not heereer Gramma.' The second time, a little boy was dying with cancer in my hospital. His mother fretted because she didn't know anyone in heaven to be there for her son. One night he stood up on his bed, transfixed, his arms in the air, looking up. He told his mother he was talking to Adam. His nurses called me up to tell me about it. We all cry-laughed together. 'That was just like Adam, taking care of others,' they said.

"'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson. In this case, Alf is correct.
Old 20-04-2016, 09:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbara
TheGreenQueen, I'd like to share this bit of me with you.

I lost a 6 year old grandson to cancer. I helped with the battle, sitting in hospital rooms, making laughter and fun any way I could; getting my fanny handed to me playing cards with that clever little scamp; wearing fake Groucho Marx nose and mustaches to surprise his doctor; dancing to Springsteen's Hungry Heart until he got diarrhea from our antics and the chemo.

Isolated for a bone marrow transplant in a children's hospital, he asked me to go buy coloring books and crayons so he could share them with the other kids on the ward. He played jokes on his family and his nurses and cried for other's pain and suffering. When he had painful procedures he just complied bravely and all he ever said was, 'owie owie owie.'

I listened to the things people said when he died. I was amazed at how many verbalized the 'tragedy' that Adam never got to grow up and know love, get married, have children. I stood up at his funeral and said, 'Adam was a complete man. He was honest, loving and compassionate. He was full of joy and appreciation.' I meant it.

When I told you I believe it isn't necessary to experience romance to be a complete person, I meant that too. In many ways, he was a better man than his father, his grandfathers and a great many other men I have know. But I have known some wonderful men that were not romances for me. I love having male friends. And I thank God over and over for the experience of eros in my life. If it hadn't been present, I likely would have had grand adventures, not being all messed up the drama of it all. It's all been GRAND!

It was grand having the little boy, not the losing of him. But he came back for me, twice. Once at his grave saying, 'I'm not heereer Gramma.' The second time, a little boy was dying with cancer in my hospital. His mother fretted because she didn't know anyone in heaven to be there for her son. One night he stood up on his bed, transfixed, his arms in the air, looking up. He told his mother he was talking to Adam. His nurses called me up to tell me about it. We all cry-laughed together. 'That was just like Adam, taking care of others,' they said.

"'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson. In this case, Alf is correct.

Little wise souls who know how to dance in their life circumstances in every way we can dance.

There is always more to experience to deepen into all life experiences and children often are great teachers when adults get dug down into what is missing rather than what is there.

How often do we lay claim to more in feeling rather than allowing more to be present in life as it is and staying present with life as it is.

I love children's presence, especially when not tainted and conditioned by the world around them, but rather living one with the world as the free spirited joy they often reveal quite naturally.

When we surrender to the process, something wonderful transpires, no matter what that process/experience offers, we begin to live more complete.

We begin to share and give more of ourselves to support others. We start to see more of life and what all life endures and where we can be of support.

Thankyou Abbara what a sweet story.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 20-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Master
Those arrows of romantic love
Pierced my heart at times with a shove
So deep and scared my heart did roam
Wandered endlessly, looking for home
Each arrow sourced something deeply felt
The pain and anguish longing to melt
Melt away all the harrowing times
Not of love and arrows but something more sublime
The story of lives and the endurance through pain
The fears and the suffering, the hurt and the shame
The sickness and desecration of life by the hands
Of the humans in cycles where they had to land
Cupid told me stories, of love never known
Of love through the ages
Of love in my home
Of love in the darkest hour
Of love succumbed to light
Of love at its grandest
Of love without sight
Every loving arrow
Scorned and causing my life
Into being
So complete
Giving up all the fight
Giving up on love
Giving up on life
Giving up on seeing
Giving up, to take flight
To become the arrow
To become cupid and his aim
As the reflections go deeper
There was life with no name
Just life and the delight
Of being alive
Cupids dear arrows
My part in divide
Part of the greater picture
To bring this essence to life
So grand, so rambunctious
So incredibly bright..:)

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 20-04-2016, 09:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Cupid cannot be trusted.
No, he cannot.
There have been too many times
He has suddenly fallen short of arrows,
Yet, proceeded to let loose of only one.

Can you translate this one Miss H. I want to understand your sharing more so.

I don't want to guess. Even as I may have an idea in my own translation.

Old 20-04-2016, 09:58 AM
Master

So many connections
Which link the light
To the sky.
With each connection
I die
Just a little bit
Each time.

With each connection
I split into a million pieces
And shine
Just a little bit more...
I add one more dime
Into the bank...
The interest rate goes up... and
The debt confesses
Its interest
In me.

Cupid ensures that
I am not the same
As all the yesterday's
Which I have gambled love away...
All the savings
Of love
Which I have maintained...
Rich and restrained...
Will never be the same
As the love
Which remains
Forever
Untamed.
Old 20-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Oh, such stories you have to tell of life and loving...
for such poetry is not born out of sitting
in the back row of life,
hoping not to have to interact.

^You can't help but speak in poetry, Abbara!

naturesflow... 2 people...1 arrow...alas.

I love this RedEmbers

...love
Which I have maintained...
Rich and restrained...
Will never be the same
As the love
Which remains
Forever
Untamed.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Those arrows of romantic love
Pierced my heart at times with a shove
So deep and scared my heart did roam
Wandered endlessly, looking for home
Shortened for space....this is exceptional...the whole thing.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Angel1

You have opened the gate, my little brother.
Since you are a little cherub serving
The same Father, you have done well.
If only on the tip of your point you could
Rub a serum, placing yet another spell on the lovers.
This serum would seep into their souls with the message.
"This isn't the end, only a taste to seek after more,
Deeper still is the real love."

Old 20-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Master
The Journey

Once upon a time
In a land faraway
I met my dear beloved
On a breezy spring day

The time we spent together
Was nothing slight of bliss
But it ended too quickly
Just like our last kiss

Then one day I saw you
But your shape had changed
We were in a different place
You had a different name

But I knew I found you
When I touched your hand
And I knew I found you
As we laid in the sand

A thousand years between us
Yet our love could not die
We have a thousand years before us
And to find you, I will always try.

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 20-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Experiencer
Oh yes, Moon Glow, how precious are those who love and find us down through lifetime after lifetime. Yummy story. Thank you.