Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 29-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Serenity Bear

Lady B

You are continueally trying to de-rail this thread by showing things up that you feel would make those who give a toss, less then confident.

You will also learn in time Truth is a perspective.

I suggest you look at yourself before trying to pass the bucket.

Now back to the conversation at hand.

Ocean - it is all to do with the use of energy. The higher the vibration your body can take, and the higher amount you can take through the chakras gives you more or less energy to work with spirit.

We as mediums mostly need to spirit half way or more then that depending on the spirits ability to communicate.

It amazes me that people can squabble about this, its OK for those like Linford Christie, etc to win gold medals for their country and be born for it, but as 'spiritual people' we squable about mediums being born or not!

People can be spiritual there is no denying that, they can have awesome psychic abilities and also intuition but sadly unless you have the initial genetic makeup for mediumship then you wont be able to do it. The physical body simply would not be able to cope with the energy - its a sad fact, we cant all be what we want to be. It happens across life, its just one of those spiritual lessons to learn. Maybe those who come into late in life (usually through illness or accident) still have it from birth but just havent switched it on yet.

It would be interesting to see if the Psychic Research Society could do some genetic research to find the common denominator between those with mediumship abilities and those without.
Old 29-12-2010, 09:27 AM
LadyB.

"A better way to put it might be - some mediums bring their spiritual experience/knowledge with them into this life and are able to access it right from childhood. Others may do the same but awaken to their abilities in adulthood. Some mediums have to learn to close down, others to open up. Each has their part in the work to be done in service."

How beautifully and sensitively put, Enya.

Exactly.

LB
X
Old 29-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Master
Hi My lovely friends :)

So I see dead people sometimes and other stuff .. yes can have a talk .. etc etc .. Yes I can get a tissues and wipe a persons face that has no arms... Yes I can pick up something some-one has dropped ... Yes I can cry with sorrow for anothers Lost.. There are a lot of yes's we all do. Each A choice..
*ignore the dead person
*dont say what I get .. shut up
* walk away from the person who cannot wipe their face
*walk around the item the person dropped
* block my heart from anothers lost

My point is we are all Mediums in some way ( messengers of love to aid and assist others if we choose)

**HUGS**
Old 29-12-2010, 10:18 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I was just curious...does everyone contain potential for mediumship? I realise some people are just naturally gifted and/or born with the ability, but can anyone learn to tune in or will some people never be able to communicate with spirits no matter how hard they try to develop?

Looking back to refresh everyone's thoughts on what was asked originally by Starbuck, perhaps each of the contributors would indicate what they mean by 'mediumship'?

Is smiler's version, quote: "messengers of love to aid and assist others if we choose" how other members also see mediumship or is it something much more specific than that....?

When the differences emerge (as I expect they will if members respond) I predict the range of answers may help to explain the strong emotions surrounding the central question of "Can it be taught?"
Old 29-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Knower

Even now I can still shake my head with sadness at the lack of discernment and genuine love of fellow man on this board sometimes :( when reading certain responses on this thread.

Back on topic I think the word taught here is key. I would hope this would include guidance, support, patience and most of all love from those teaching me.

Everyone one is different... some connect without effort, some need teaching/mentors . That's our challenge on this board!

Last edited by Orbie : 29-12-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 29-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Master
Sorry Mac

I am looking at the world with different eyes at present as my sister is dying.

logically it runs in both my parents sides and family members.
so is that DNA?
could it be part of every-ones soul process to raise vibration?
I have taught workshops many years ago.. teaching others to communicate themselves with own guides .. it takes discpline and dedication. All in workshops could commune with their own spirits themselves.. by doing their own home work . The skills they used in their abilities may have differed,
Yes it can be taught to answer question .. when soul is ready.. pathways open.

:( for my sis
blessings
Old 29-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Master
oh and by using the word "I" as in I taught workshops..
I was pushed out of my hiding hole and had to mediate on each workshop from scratch.
So spirit delivered and I opened my mouth

Love and light
xxx
Old 29-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Master
*hugs Orbie*
Old 29-12-2010, 01:00 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
Sorry Mac

I am looking at the world with different eyes at present as my sister is dying.

logically it runs in both my parents sides and family members.
so is that DNA?
could it be part of every-ones soul process to raise vibration?
I have taught workshops many years ago.. teaching others to communicate themselves with own guides .. it takes discpline and dedication. All in workshops could commune with their own spirits themselves.. by doing their own home work . The skills they used in their abilities may have differed,
Yes it can be taught to answer question .. when soul is ready.. pathways open.

:( for my sis
blessings

Smiler I am sorry to hear that your sister is dying. None of my remarks was directed at you. I simply asked if others saw things your way.....

But you make some interesting points concerning DNA. I don't have a clue if there's a hereditary component to the issue of sensitivity - I'm deliberately staying away from specific terms such as 'mediumship'. There might be but it might equally be the principle of attraction - those who are already of that disposition will be attracted to to others of a similar disposition. Sensitive children will be attracted to sensitive parents. I don't have a clue, it's just a suggestion....

On the issue of teaching - actually I misquoted the thread's title here - it can never be resolved whether the teaching is from a base of no-knowledge, no 'ability', or a position of drawing out that aptitude, that attribute and teaching the individual how to make the most of it...

On a final point, as a contributor to this thread, and as I've asked others, I'll make my position plain about how I see mediumship. For me 'mediumship' is the attribute whereby one can be a go-between facilitating communication between discarnate and incarnate individuals. Without that specific involvement, much of what I hear described as 'mediumship' is actually not that at all for me....

Put more simply, awareness of or communicating with discarnates is not in itself the 'mediumship' I recognise.
Old 29-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Serenity Bear

Mediumship is usually that which is the go between with the dead and the living, wether that is a person, animal etc. So a medium is much like a telephone box, the recipient comes to us, and so does the messenger, we just pass one on to the other.

However, mediumship is not all about the messages. We often forget the healers, those that write great philosophy, the teachers of the pathways of the world that often get over looked.