Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-12-2010, 02:01 AM
TzuJanLi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
"Matt (devolution) created this forum in February 2006. His dream was to create a large online spiritual community, a place where people could meet and discuss all things spiritual, a sanctuary for people of similar interests to learn and grow together in a harmonious setting, free of charge. He achieved that dream, and we--his loved ones, friends and helpers--aim to keep that dream alive in his memory." -SF

to the admin, due to the growing numbers of members in recent years here with same interests in nondual perspective, perhaps it is time to create a sub -forum for non dualism where people with same interests have an in depth discussion without being constantly pestered by other members who disliked such perspective.

Excellent suggestion, hybrid.. what would it be labeled? 'Non-duality'? or, would its existence imply the duality in which it exists? maybe it could be called Advaita, how's that sound?

Of course, it serves a 'dual' purpose, it also protects other members wishing to expore Life fully from those non-dualists telling them that they've 'lost their mind', or.. 'if we were "really interested in truth", as if non-dualists are somehow privy to a Truth not available to mere 'dualists'.. you disprove your beliefs by asking for segregation.. It's not that i like or dislike your's or anyone's perspectives, it's that i am asking for clarity and understanding.. i will back-up whatever i say, will you, hybrid? this isn't "pestering", it's asking people to make sense, to be consistent.. is it really fair that anyone can post anything, call it "Truth", then claim immunity from scrutiny because it upset the harmony? Have the courage of your convictions.

Be well..
Old 20-12-2010, 02:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Excellent suggestion, hybrid.. what would it be labeled? 'Non-duality'? or, would its existence imply the duality in which it exists? maybe it could be called Advaita, how's that sound?

Of course, it serves a 'dual' purpose, it also protects other members wishing to expore Life fully from those non-dualists telling them that they've 'lost their mind', or.. 'if we were "really interested in truth", as if non-dualists are somehow privy to a Truth not available to mere 'dualists'.. you disprove your beliefs by asking for segregation.. It's not that i like or dislike your's or anyone's perspectives, it's that i am asking for clarity and understanding.. i will back-up whatever i say, will you, hybrid? this isn't "pestering", it's asking people to make sense, to be consistent.. is it really fair that anyone can post anything, call it "Truth", then claim immunity from scrutiny because it upset the harmony? Have the courage of your convictions.

Be well..

what i noticed here is that in sub forums like astral projection, people of same interests in AP can discuss in peace the finer points of AP. nobody goes there who doesn't believed in AP and make dissenting criticizing comments about AP.

same with sub forums like chrstianity, seldom an atheist go there to invalidate chrstianity, in if they do, respect for beliefs can always be invoked.

otoh, in general beliefs sub form, it's like a free for all forum. people expect that if you lay down your belief here whether AP or christian or non dual, it is to be challenged. the point is there is a place to debate it about and a place to discuss the finer points with people with same interests/perspective.

Old 20-12-2010, 02:59 AM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yes...

I guess that says alot to you, but you forget your own words already?

"that would be just as bad as believing your own thoughts "

Being sensitive to criticism is something to be aware of. When the body/mind reacts to criticism, can you see it as it's happening, can you be aware of it? Or are you totally caught up in the reaction?

Awareness, awareness, awareness...
Old 20-12-2010, 03:05 AM
din

Quote:
Quote:
re: Video on Zen Biology Lesson
The heart pumps blood all by itself
The lungs breathe all by themselves
The brain associates concepts with other concepts all by itself
The mind is thinking (randomly babbling) completely on its own
Let’s look inside for just a brief minute
How long can you keep the mind completely silent?
If you try to stop thinking it just starts right back up again
Words verbalizations, thoughts, thinking and emotionalism are completely automatic
You can’t stop it by controlling it, but you can eventually stop it by non judgmentally watching it.
The brain works completely by itself
It has nothing to do with you doing it
This means that you are not the doer of deeds nor the thinker of thoughts
The mind body is an ‘it’, not a ‘me’
The brains thoughts and the body’s actions are just the result of cells doing work
We are not the physical body/mind and its senses
We are not the mind and its automatic rambling thoughts
We are the still, conceptless, silent awareness that is aware of them
We are the awareness that is watching the mind/body’s automatic functioning
We are the silent formless observer
We are life/consciousness/awareness that is simply aware of itself as existing
We have mistakenly identified ourselves as being the physical mind/.body
We have mistakenly identified ourselves with form
It was an erroneous belief all along
The real you, the silent aware mind is not confined to a brain or anything else
Its infinitely everything beyond physicality
It is the formless allness of existence
Its no thing, yet infinitely everything
But thinking about that wont help you realize /experience that
You have to stop thoughts altogether to realize that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Here is the video text minus the pretty graphics for those who are unable to download

Hi din :)
Its all consciousness ... we cant escape it ... it being all that is we/us/you/me/them/and all that Zen the underlined bit says it all

yes, that's right, the final understanding is it's all "me", it's all consciousness, because that's what i am, that's what you are, that's what the world is...

thanks for transcribing it Sound

by the way, the part in red is for Gem

Lisa, here's your chance to see what the video is about

Last edited by din : 20-12-2010 at 03:32 AM.
Old 20-12-2010, 03:30 AM
Master
hybrid: perhaps it is time to create a sub -forum for non dualism where people with same interests have an in depth discussion without being constantly pestered by other members who disliked such perspective.

hybrid... Since you posted this in response to my "there they go again" comment I'll just say that I am neutrally fine about the non-dual perspective as one of many ways to point toward the singular Reality.

It's the mentalizing attack and defense flavor of some folks' discussions that goes round and round and round.

But oh well....

blessings
Xan

Old 20-12-2010, 03:36 AM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
What a silly and presumptous remark, Din.. you have assumed, incorrectly, that my statement represents the totality of my understanding, it is only a portion.. i do identify with 'my thoughts', they're mine, no one else is privy to them, and if i didn't exist those thoughts wouldn't either.. You identify with your thoughts, too, Din.. if you didn't you couldn't judge me so incorrectly.. although the statement i made about, Life not being a spectator sport, is truly a valid statement, the process of engaging Life with unconditional sincerity includes many aspects you might attribute to the more spiritual pursuits.. there's much more here than your rush to judgment reveals..

Who are you to suggest anything about truth, you have catapulted yourself from self-proclaimed cluelessness to a purveyor truth based on your uninformed judgment of 'me'? great, just what we need another guru telling us that 'awareness' is 'it'.. awareness is cool, no doubt, but.. it's just another tool, useless without 'that' which understands the value of the 'tool'..

Really? How clever, sarcasm AND emoticons..

Life has purpose, and it is not about pretending that 'Life is awareness' and 'beingness is so cool'.. those are conceptual distractions from reality, guru stuff used to swindle self-inflating attention from the masses of uneducated guru wannabes.. sorry, but it is what it is..

Life is a brilliant process of tangible and tactile experiences of existence, Consciousness experiencing its own existence, and.. the occasional disturbed manifestation that prefers to distance itself from its own tangible existence.. The Universe has evolved to the point where Consciousness can manifest itself as freewilled independently functioning versions of itself, authentically experiencing its own Truth.. why indulge such imaginary distractions from Life as to devalue its purpose, which is the actual tangible experience of Truth, not the mind's imagination of it..

Be well..

ouch!

i think i hit a nerve

if you want to react to what i said instead of taking it in, who am i to argue with your reaction?
Old 20-12-2010, 03:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by din
Being sensitive to criticism is something to be aware of. When the body/mind reacts to criticism, can you see it as it's happening, can you be aware of it? Or are you totally caught up in the reaction?

Awareness, awareness, awareness...

I find it strange you tell me that since it seemingly ignores my previous comments, my assumption is the fondness of telling outweighs that of listening.

I am aware of it and my sensitivity of it enables me to detect underlying sentiment, and my assumption is if one were to express his distaste for insulting insinuations such as those made about tzu earlier it would be blamed on ego identity attachment etc and not recognised for what it really is, derision.
Old 20-12-2010, 04:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
hybrid... Since you posted this in response to my "there they go again" comment I'll just say that I am neutrally fine about the non-dual perspective as one of many ways to point toward the singular Reality.

well i like nondual perspective. it's my preferred path because it decently represent the idea of a pathless path and transcends Buddhism, advaita vedanta monotheist religions and taoism.

Quote:
It's the mentalizing attack and defense flavor of some folks' discussions that goes round and round and round.

But oh well.... blessings
Xan

exactly why i proposed a sanctuary for the nondual perspective to have a peaceful discussion without the worry of having to always defend it from those who are predisposed against it.
Old 20-12-2010, 05:10 AM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I find it strange you tell me that since it seemingly ignores my previous comments, my assumption is the fondness of telling outweighs that of listening.

I am aware of it and my sensitivity of it enables me to detect underlying sentiment, and my assumption is if one were to express his distaste for insulting insinuations such as those made about tzu earlier it would be blamed on ego identity attachment etc and not recognised for what it really is, derision.

you see it as derision,

i call it telling it the way i see it

what i'd really be interested for myself in these discussions is to see what reactions it evokes in me and see them as they're arising

this is my bias

this is what i'm interested

i'm interested in being still and being aware of what is arising

sometimes i'm very direct in what i say and i see other people react to what i say

it's all good for me,

who knows

it may help to bring a different perspective to someone
Old 20-12-2010, 05:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by din
yes, that's right, the final understanding is it's all "me", it's all consciousness, because that's what i am, that's what you are, that's what the world is...

Hold on din lol ... I dont see it like the video describes it ... to me the video divides and separates ... I feel we are all of it ... even the mind/body and I agree with Tzu and others in that regard ... we do have an influence over our physical body and the 'way' it functions ... that line that I underlined ... it seems to contradict the rest of the video in a way