Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 29-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
Read the thread and see.
NO!

But I like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreconfusion
how did this get from karma and spells to Hitler and war.....

Old 30-06-2014, 01:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
I think that's very insulting

I don't want to take this thread any further off-topic but it's been suggested that the oldest member of that coven (I believe that other covens in the area had joined in to help) offered themselves as a voluntary human sacrifice by purposefully leaving off their "flying ointment" that kept their bodies warm to offer themselves as a voluntary human sacrifice knowing they'd more than likely die of exposure.

I haven't seen any validation of Garnder's claims, so to me, it's all speculative.

Quote:
There are as many people who believe this as there are who don't. Some say that Gardner based this story on the ceremony done in the Ashdown Forest in East Sussex by a group of occultists working for MI5. Both the British and the Germans were quite deeply into the occult.

A couple of centuries earlier rites were also worked to turn back the Spanish armada

Some say and some believe only indicates speculation.
Old 30-06-2014, 03:59 AM
Master

There were many covens in the south of England, and also other areas, that were working against Hitler. But you are entitled to believe as you will
Old 30-06-2014, 04:32 AM
Master
Quote:
There were many covens in the south of England, and also other areas, that were working against Hitler. But you are entitled to believe as you will

There's covens all over the world, but there's also billions of people in temples and churches and meditation groups, so if I said a Christian prayer group was the reason Hitler hesitated, that would sound pretty outlandish too. It's not a reasonable speculation to make, and it's outlandish to say the least.
Old 30-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarz
NO!

Some might say this response is shouty, some might say its ignorant and and a little bit discourteous, some might say its cool. I just think its just petty enough to give me some light entertainment. Thank you
Old 30-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
Some might say this response is shouty, some might say its ignorant and and a little bit discourteous, some might say its cool. I just think its just petty enough to give me some light entertainment. Thank you

Your Welcome
Old 01-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus44
My grandmother often would cast spells on people she didn't like... She would burn a black candle and things of that nature. She was a very envious person and allowed her materialism to make her hate others. She had many troubling circumstances in her life... do you think that casting bad spells caused some of her turmoil?? Also, does casting positive spells bring about strange or dangerous circumstances? I often hear "be careful what you wish for" and I've never tried casting even a simple spell because I am a bit nervous for the outcome.

Doing negative spells from my own experience, even if one didnt intend for it to be negative but it was somehow very wrong and ended up harming another, it can in fact cause one to be hit with karma. From my experience it seems to be the stronger the spell worked, the more major that payback will be.

I learnt that from the one and only time Ive ever done a spell.

I was convinced I was doing best for my ex by doing a spell to get him back and away from a girl who was treating him horribly. It did get him to leave her but he ended up raping me! and then left him so messed up that he was in a mental health ward within a week.

(I know that sounds like that movie but that is what did happen to me).

After this experience due to me simply being naive about things (it was a soul binding spell, I wasnt even aware of the implications of that either) I decided at that point that spells just arent for me.

Its even put me off of trying to manifest things much without spells.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Master

[quote=sea-dove

After this experience due to me simply being naive about things (it was a soul binding spell, I wasn't even aware of the implications of that either) I decided at that point that spells just aren't for me.

Its even put me off of trying to manifest things much without spells.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear what happened Sea-dove. It's ssoooooo important to understand what energies you're working with and the implications and fall-out from ANY magical working that you undertake

Jenny Crow
Old 01-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There's covens all over the world, but there's also billions of people in temples and churches and meditation groups, so if I said a Christian prayer group was the reason Hitler hesitated, that would sound pretty outlandish too. It's not a reasonable speculation to make, and it's outlandish to say the least.

Yes, that would be outlandish wouldn't it! Or not! If billions of people in temples and churches and meditation groups prayed and meditated about a particular idea or cause then a thoughtform would materialize and they would more than likely be successful.

One cannot reasonably expect to find any firm 'documentation' of that Lammas Rite - one must remember that the Witchcraft Laws in England were not repealed until 1951 and so Witchcraft was still practiced in secret and rites/rituals were, of course, not published, talked about in public or advertised in any way. Witches preferred to not spend time in jail
Old 01-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Yes, that would be outlandish wouldn't it! Or not! If billions of people in temples and churches and meditation groups prayed and meditated about a particular idea or cause then a thoughtform would materialize and they would more than likely be successful.

One cannot reasonably expect to find any firm 'documentation' of that Lammas Rite - one must remember that the Witchcraft Laws in England were not repealed until 1951 and so Witchcraft was still practiced in secret and rites/rituals were, of course, not published, talked about in public or advertised in any way. Witches preferred to not spend time in jail

In any case, I don't think that genuine Christian efforts (prayers were of course said), or efforts from other faiths, were in competition with the witches.

Regardless of the methods, is the principle not the same? A prayer to Jesus or god is kind of a meditation is it not? In that it is a focus of mental energy toward the particular task at hand.

I have no reason to doubt the claims of Gardner about the ritual performed by the witches in the New Forest, and although evidence is sketchy, I believe there are others that were there that have hinted at it. But if it did happen as described, and if it was a contributing factor to hitler's unexplained hesitation, it will have only been that, a contributing factor. Quite possibly another contributing factor might have been all the prayers being said. Not divine intervention, human intervention through a united focus of mental energy.

So can the expenditure of mental energy have a physiological effect that could be detrimental health, which is really the point of this thread?

Yes it can. Whether folks accept that this mental energy on its own drains life force, or whether folks need a more logical explanation, it is the truth. The logical explanation is that through mental focus, we do change our body chemistry by a range of means. Our breathing is affected, our muscle tension is affected, our adrenal glands may be stimulated, which will result in increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, a change in pH (acidity) of our blood, etc etc. Lots of physiological changes happen as a result of mental effort. Some folks might deny it, but denying that would be denying medical fact. Therefore, the expenditure of mental energy does put stress on the physical body, and doing it repeatedly, or doing it to the extreme (or in the case of frequent spell casting, both frequent and extreme) is going to have a notable adverse affect on ones physical health.