Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 20-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhambra
Mybe Capacity that people who have this belief about there child have been brought up by parents who told them this, I would imagine this type of attitude has to be planted in there mind by someone else as I find it hard to understand myself.
Yes and telling your child that they are nothing when at the same time you are opposed to knowledge is contradictory. One would be planting nothingness as knowledge and it would be what they believe nothingness is, which may not be what it is at all
Old 20-03-2014, 12:43 PM
alhambra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacity
Yes and telling your child that they are nothing when at the same time you are opposed to knowledge is contradictory. One would be planting nothingness as knowledge and it would be what they believe nothingness is, which may not be what it is at all

Strange ideas to teach a child but then if thats all you have been taught then thats all you know, or choose to know, the mind boggles.
Old 20-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
And again my point is more not less. Why tell your child that they are dirt and that they are nothing when in reality they are divine, as is dirt, and that emptiness is the capacity for everything impermanent. Why tell them that you don't own them when you could tell them that all is divine but we have a special relationship within that. Why not tell them that you and their mother also have a special relationship as opposed to trying to dissolve all relationships. What arises from emptiness IS the other side of emptiness....this.

I can relate to family values and family responsibilities I can relate to how such values and responsibilities keeps one in a particular field of mind .

It can be so difficult for those that try and break such ties even when they are so loving and fulfilling and are not as yet perceived as being binding, I think many so called problems can occur if I can call them that is when individuals try and relate to 'stuff' when they are not yet at that point to integrate that kind of awareness within their experience . Perhaps a misconception is that this nothingness state causes separation but it's really quite the opposite .

Many speak of fasting and wanting to remove self identity before they are ready to and that can cause disharmony but the nothingness of what you are is nothing (excuse the pun) to worry about or to dismiss unless one's mind is alarmed or disturbed by such a process that one is not yet prepared for .

In a way one is always preparing, for what is to come in some shape or form because one is creating the experience .

I think it is each to their own when one relates to self or to their children as dirt or nothingness or something else .

I do like and resonate with your words said here as my preference dictates ..

'Why not tell them that you and their mother also have a special relationship as opposed to trying to dissolve all relationships'.

x daz x
Old 20-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I think because my understandings of mind and self are perhaps way off base to your understandings we may struggle to find any common ground lols .

I learned from your view in the same time explaining mine to to ....and to me , is great that we have different view as we could learn more

Everything that one could possibly know will be of the mind because the intellect has to conclude that one has realized something and by someone .

To be aware of beyond mind the self no longer exists, God no longer exists, who would be self realized beyond self??

x daz x

Perhaps we have to get out from our house to see how is our house looks like ...perhaps Buddhism is realization of the emotion that shape the mind and with such realization ...all emotion will be naturally vanished same as the mind.....beyond the self perhaps is emptiness and Buddhism is the process further into nothingness ....that is my current understanding
Old 20-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhambra
CSEe, Buddhism to me means following the teachings of buddha, that is why I cannot understand how a pebble or other objects can follow teachings. Mybe our interpretations of the word buddism is the problem in our understandings. That is my opinion anyway, but we are all different and we believe what suits us at the time.

I am expressing my version of Buddhism from my current understanding and i could understand that there are many people out there have same view as you about Buddhism ....that is why I am here for a debate , for my own learning lesson . I currently cant find any reason to agree that Buddhism is all about teaching of Siddharta ...but I am of current understanding that Siddharta is only introducer of Buddhism concept to mankind ,......and he is never referral to this natural process .....

Sorry in advance , if we limit " buddhism " to what we know , Buddhism will always be something we already known ....so knowledge is just a tiny part , all Siddharta's words to me is just one of trillions sources same as the nature of a pen on your table for our realization .....I hope we could debate on our differences and learn
Old 20-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Perhaps we have to get out from our house to see how is our house looks like ...perhaps Buddhism is realization of the emotion that shape the mind and with such realization ...all emotion will be naturally vanished same as the mind.....beyond the self perhaps is emptiness and Buddhism is the process further into nothingness ....that is my current understanding

I agree that different vantage points had in regards to our perspective can broaden our horizons so if one can perceive the same thing through many view points then it's possible that many view points had can change or add or detract one's understandings of how their house is constructed for example . On the flip side one can spend eternity looking at self in infinite ways but the self will remain the same self regardless .

The mind houses emotion and the intellect but beyond emotion and beyond the intellect one can still perceive .. to remain in perception one will remain in mind .

I would agree that emptiness or nothingness (as well as everything) depending on how one relates to everything is beyond mind I am not sure what you mean about Buddhism is the process further into nothingness ...

Where is there further to go within nothingness ..

x daz x
Old 20-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Master
Quote:
I can relate to family values and family responsibilities I can relate to how such values and responsibilities keeps one in a particular field of mind .

It can be so difficult for those that try and break such ties even when they are so loving and fulfilling and are not as yet perceived as being binding, I think many so called problems can occur if I can call them that is when individuals try and relate to 'stuff' when they are not yet at that point to integrate that kind of awareness within their experience . Perhaps a misconception is that this nothingness state causes separation but it's really quite the opposite .

Many speak of fasting and wanting to remove self identity before they are ready to and that can cause disharmony but the nothingness of what you are is nothing (excuse the pun) to worry about or to dismiss unless one's mind is alarmed or disturbed by such a process that one is not yet prepared for .

In a way one is always preparing, for what is to come in some shape or form because one is creating the experience .

I think it is each to their own when one relates to self or to their children as dirt or nothingness or something else .

I do like and resonate with your words said here as my preference dictates ..

'Why not tell them that you and their mother also have a special relationship as opposed to trying to dissolve all relationships'.

x daz x
Nice post.......
Old 20-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Master
Quote:
I agree that different vantage points had in regards to our perspective can broaden our horizons so if one can perceive the same thing through many view points then it's possible that many view points had can change or add or detract one's understandings of how their house is constructed for example . On the flip side one can spend eternity looking at self in infinite ways but the self will remain the same self regardless .

The mind houses emotion and the intellect but beyond emotion and beyond the intellect one can still perceive .. to remain in perception one will remain in mind .

I would agree that emptiness or nothingness (as well as everything) depending on how one relates to everything is beyond mind I am not sure what you mean about Buddhism is the process further into nothingness ...

Where is there further to go within nothingness ..

x daz x
Emptiness is aware. It is aware space for all that it holds. It is the permanent behind the impermanence and it is aware. When we wake up, we wake up to find that the awareness we thought was just me opened up to the capacity for me. The word "nothing" is a bad description IMO

Last edited by BlueSky : 20-03-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 20-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
If I understand you correctly , Buddha to me is nothingness therefore ofcause in nothingness there is no desire to question because there is nothing in Buddha .........all in mind is all polluted energy that causes existence and Buddhism simply is the natural process that this energy travelling into emptiness ........mind is not just moving according to question but is all the question or answer in the mind because in my current understanding , mind is the collection of emotion which human culture defined it as desire , love , greed , ego , fear , love etc........and please explain to me is there anything or anyone not subject to Buddhism...is there any non-Buddhism ? ............all the taught , the mind regardless how it moves , what path is taking place in my current understanding is all in Buddhism...........so regardless how you think , how you re-act , how you act is all your process of your realization and regardless what is your path , all is in a natural process known to me as Buddhism.

In all of the emotions and human culture you have kindly mentioned above as desire greed ego etc, stem from one source..... thought,

there is the divine thought of all of creation seen and not seen, this is whole and completely perfect in its manifesting, Buddha nature at its best,

then there is the thoughts of man, only "part" whole and mostly imperfect, so any play of words we write here will be "part" truth and imperfectly understood,

Buddhism is the separation from imperfection to perfection, from mind to no more mind, from thought to no more thought, from love to no more love, from ego to no more ego from desire to no more desire from Buddhism to no more Buddhism, all of this is of course partly and imperfectly understood my the nature of mans thinking

when I imply the term "no more" I do not mean they are discarded permanently only that they are seen as a transition from imperfection to perfection, Buddhism is just a word, what it implies is still a thought of something we have yet to define with our limiting mind
Old 21-03-2014, 08:13 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Emptiness is aware. It is aware space for all that it holds. It is the permanent behind the impermanence and it is aware. When we wake up, we wake up to find that the awareness we thought was just me opened up to the capacity for me. The word "nothing" is a bad description IMO

I would say any related word is not a good description lols, especially when relating to beyond thought / mind . My understandings on emptiness / nothingness stemmed from the wording of CSEe in order to relate to his line of thought to emphasise that there is 'no something/someone' present beyond, I think there can be a merry dance had if one associates nothingness or emptiness as being something haha .

Going back to your thoughts I would agree that there is awareness in mind within emptiness for as long as the self is present awareness will be .

Beyond mind there is no self and I have an understanding that beyond self there is no awareness . Some may say there is awareness of awareness and that is what one is beyond mind ..

That doesn't sit with me . The awareness of self is not present beyond self .

I don't perceive self as awareness although within mind self cannot 'be' without it's presence ..

There are a few that have mentioned in the past that what we are is likened to electricity and I would agree, awareness is not likened to electricity .

I have opened up a can of worms me thinks ..

x daz x