Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 03-01-2014, 06:05 PM
InCarna

CNC, awesome advice. It's good to see you challenging what you've called the "doubt" problem. It's a huge problem with spirituality and it really does stunt potential for growth and expansion of oneself.

Personally speaking, I have found that an extreme sense of honesty, realism, an "Evidentialist" approach featuring high demand for concrete proof (for example, my mantra is "demonstrable, repeatable results", as well as reports from blind subjects which back up claims), and ample use of Occam's Razor have solidified my practice into something that works very well for me. Personally I am heavily against self-deception (along the lines of the 'doubt' problem) and cutting out all nonsense wherever possible. I'm also adamantly against holding stubbornly to any given faith, being stuck in any given 'box', or being too comfortable with my beliefs/practice - always test and re-test from time to time, and be willing to change, else you will never find truth. With these tools and more, over time and with careful trial and error, I'm slowly narrowing down to finding the most useful and powerful methods I can.

Astral is part of that, for me. Sitting there in the astral shallows plugging your ears going "la la la it's not real!" is not a good solution when a problem presents itself. Approach the problem in a logical, practical, reasonable manner. Solve it like a mature adult. As you said, CNC - actually get out there and talk with beings, even those that scare you or those that some might consider Taboo (unless, of course, all they're doing is attacking), and you begin to discover truths you couldn't have imagined. When I get attacked, I have a system of response that often involves investigation into the matter and gradual increase of response-attacks, using the least amount of energy 'violence' necessary. If a solution can be reached peacefully, awesome. If not, I'm trained and prepared to solve it. If I get my butt beat, I get back up and learn some more, refusing to deceive myself or languish in mental or emotional knots that would stunt my improvement. Along the way, you discover new heights you could never fathom - and you must take the good with the bad. Every expansion holds a mix of positive and negative; and for those willing to continually seek, the extremely difficult journey is totally worth its various rewards.

I don't have all the answers. I'm still learning. In a sense, I will always be a student, for the rest of my life. But IMO, the above is probably a great place to start.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:15 PM
lustershine

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCarna
I'd call them security guards. Because a lot of them are literally just hired fighters who are tasked with guarding an area and enforcing whatever rules the area hosts. Yes there are sort of higher tiers of these guys who uphold more like cosmic laws, but I guarantee you there are almost no astral travelers who've seen them or ever will because they're not going to get to that point. Also those higher-tier guys are quicker to just beat the **** out of you rather than 'jail' you

Reading through things- this really stood out to me since this is very similar to things I've expereinced. There's very much a point in which they just don't have time for breadloafing-about.

I tend to think that being 'jailed' would maybe not send you to somewhere specific, but instead perhaps somehow limit your abilities in the astral (or your ability to access it) if you are actually seen as causing problems? Because as it's been suggested - the astral and the physcial realms seem to have affects on each other, so maybe they might somehow affect your abilities for an indeterminate amout of time. I mainly think this because it can be draining as hell to go though something tramatic in the AP... sooooo I would think things (such as the police) could also intentionally affect someone in such a way should they find reason?

So not so much a 'jail' as some sort of restriction? Or block, or something that keeps your worn down... which I'll admit is completely unfounded, but how I would think things might work.

For me it's a greater curiosity who the poliece are than what they do. And why they do what they do...
Old 04-01-2014, 04:01 AM
Seeker
Hi just a newbie here, but I did have some experience with astral police so to speak. I can't say for certain what it was or they were... but sometimes when I feel I'm veering off a path astral projection wise, where I'm not supposed to go or be or experience - I feel a "snap" like a rubber band... back to my body. I don't think it's a jail or anything it was more like "well your ride is over". I'm not sure what or who it was but I felt that they had my best interests in mind. Just my experience, as a very inexperienced astral traveler :)
Old 04-01-2014, 04:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by InCarna
CNC, awesome advice. It's good to see you challenging what you've called the "doubt" problem. It's a huge problem with spirituality and it really does stunt potential for growth and expansion of oneself.

Personally speaking, I have found that an extreme sense of honesty, realism, an "Evidentialist" approach featuring high demand for concrete proof (for example, my mantra is "demonstrable, repeatable results", as well as reports from blind subjects which back up claims), and ample use of Occam's Razor have solidified my practice into something that works very well for me. Personally I am heavily against self-deception (along the lines of the 'doubt' problem) and cutting out all nonsense wherever possible. I'm also adamantly against holding stubbornly to any given faith, being stuck in any given 'box', or being too comfortable with my beliefs/practice - always test and re-test from time to time, and be willing to change, else you will never find truth. With these tools and more, over time and with careful trial and error, I'm slowly narrowing down to finding the most useful and powerful methods I can.

Astral is part of that, for me. Sitting there in the astral shallows plugging your ears going "la la la it's not real!" is not a good solution when a problem presents itself. Approach the problem in a logical, practical, reasonable manner. Solve it like a mature adult. As you said, CNC - actually get out there and talk with beings, even those that scare you or those that some might consider Taboo (unless, of course, all they're doing is attacking), and you begin to discover truths you couldn't have imagined. When I get attacked, I have a system of response that often involves investigation into the matter and gradual increase of response-attacks, using the least amount of energy 'violence' necessary. If a solution can be reached peacefully, awesome. If not, I'm trained and prepared to solve it. If I get my butt beat, I get back up and learn some more, refusing to deceive myself or languish in mental or emotional knots that would stunt my improvement. Along the way, you discover new heights you could never fathom - and you must take the good with the bad. Every expansion holds a mix of positive and negative; and for those willing to continually seek, the extremely difficult journey is totally worth its various rewards.

I don't have all the answers. I'm still learning. In a sense, I will always be a student, for the rest of my life. But IMO, the above is probably a great place to start.

I couldn't agree more. I used to lie to myself and say that negative spirits didn't exist and even went ahead as far as saying they were just misunderstood. While that statement is usually true there are the rare occasions where it isn't and a spirit is just downright nasty. But by denying that fact and closing myself off from it I am missing out on a huge lesson and an even larger potential to grow and understand things. We can't finish a puzzle without all of the pieces and by denying negative spirits existence and running and hiding from them you'll never finish the puzzle unfortunately, it doesn't matter who you are and where you are it is the truth. I'm not saying we should all go to the first dark witch we run into and buddy up with them, but nothing good comes from lying to yourself about what you experienced and what you may experience again in the future. Nor will it by lying to yourself and convincing yourself such things don't exist. If bad people exist on Earth then they surely will exist in the spiritual dimensions, it's that simple. If you lie about that fact and hide from it you'll never deal with your fears let alone master them and to be honest fear is the first roadblock most projectors will experience, it can be a difficult lesson but honestly once you get past it you realize how elementary it was and how infantile your fears were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustershine
Reading through things- this really stood out to me since this is very similar to things I've expereinced. There's very much a point in which they just don't have time for breadloafing-about.

I tend to think that being 'jailed' would maybe not send you to somewhere specific, but instead perhaps somehow limit your abilities in the astral (or your ability to access it) if you are actually seen as causing problems? Because as it's been suggested - the astral and the physcial realms seem to have affects on each other, so maybe they might somehow affect your abilities for an indeterminate amout of time. I mainly think this because it can be draining as hell to go though something tramatic in the AP... sooooo I would think things (such as the police) could also intentionally affect someone in such a way should they find reason?

So not so much a 'jail' as some sort of restriction? Or block, or something that keeps your worn down... which I'll admit is completely unfounded, but how I would think things might work.

For me it's a greater curiosity who the poliece are than what they do. And why they do what they do...

They can honestly do both. They can actually jail you to where you're stuck in a facility and cannot leave until they say so. On one occasion I was in a jail/prison courtyard and there was no roof of ceiling and one part of the walling was lower than the other parts so of course I figured I could fly out of the place. So I fly through the hole in the wall and when I got through it I was back in another courtyard that looked exactly the same, I couldn't even see it until I completely passed through the lowered wall. It was some weird astral effect I have yet to experience again. Well that courtyard had another lowered wall so of course my determination made me fly through that lowered wall as well and once again just as I finished going past it another courtyard appeared only this one had a ceiling and was completely closed in. So I flew through a wall and ended up in some random cell with another prisoner and he pinned me down and stabbed my arm about a half dozen times until I decided to end the projection. Thankfully though time in the astral is not the same as time in the physical dimension and so with that said I have had projections that happened literally seconds after the last one ended and when I return to the astral it seems like countless minutes or even some hours have passed. So usually when I am in jail if I end the projection and have another one a little later I'll be out of jail by then. I often wonder what happens when I don't have that luxury though.

As far as them preventing you from projecting I think it is possible to a certain extent but not completely possible. I mean let's be honest if they could stop us from astral projecting we wouldn't be astral projecting because they don't want us there to begin with. The places I have experienced that the astral police exist we as astral projectors and Human-beings are not liked let alone welcomed (some people hate admitting this but it is the truth). I have had female spirits want to be my girlfriend and then I tell them I am a Human and they want nothing to do with me... We as projectors are seen as a nuisance at the very least and if they find out you're a Human-being as well they will look at you with a mixture of fear and anger at the exact same time. If they get ahold of you and know you're a projector there are things that can definitely make it difficult to project for a period of time, usually for me it will last for one night. I have never actually had the astral police do it to me but have had other spirits do it to me. One stuck some sort of magnet on my head and during the projection I ripped it off. When that projection ended I was teleported back and that same spirit was on top of me holding me down and stuck the magnet back on my head just as that projection ended and then after that the entire night every time I would begin to dream or project I had this horrible awkward feeling like I couldn't move or think and it would inevitably lead to me accidently waking myself up and ending the dream or projection. It was a pretty bad feeling every time I would fall asleep or begin a projection and I couldn't get past it for the entire night, thankfully the next day though it was better. I have had something like that happen once before as well when I asked some random spirit to "help me project." And instead he made it so I couldn't project or dream for the entire night...

With that said magnetism definitely has some insane astral effects. Later on I read in a book how in the lighter astral cities when they first take in a new spirit from the lower-realms if the spirit is acting up and misbehaving while they are in the regeneration ministry ward they will use magnetic passes to paralyze the spirit for their own good. When I read that it was a moment of awe because I instantly knew that is what I had done to me on those two occasions. So there are definitely temporary things they can do to make it difficult or maybe even impossible to project but either there isn't anything permanent or they refuse to use permanent methods because I have had the astral police know I'm a projector countless times and I still have dozens of projections every week. And so if they had some permanent way to prevent us projecting they would certainly use it the very first time they learn you're a projector but thankfully that isn't the case.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNC

Don't take me so literally, I'm just poking a little fun at you with that response :)

I don't think anyone got upset past the normal level of difference in opinion, which is natural in problem solving and very helpful. When two opposite forces are extremely passionate about their answer they tend to spend more time explaining why they believe what they do, resulting in a better explanation, which brings information that may be helpful and answers to the table :

Let me get back on the topic of doubt here just for a quick response. While working on overcoming fear myself awhile back I discovered 2 main types of people.

- People who watch a scary movie and get scared
- People who watch a scary movie and laugh because it's "fake"

Has the person who laughs overcome fear? No, if that scary movie happened in real life they would likely be terrified just like everyone else, the DOUBT of it being real has worked as an auto "fear decreasing" mechanism to eliminate their fear. They think they are not afraid of anything but quite the opposite is true. Your husband would likely fit under this profile, I doubt he is afraid of vampires...but say a real life vampire outbreak happened here on earth, things would change because he could prove it now and the auto-fear decreasing mechanism called DOUBT would be gone.

This is the next step of astral projection. It is tough because we are TRAINED to convince ourselves things are not real to overcome the fear of them. What is your typical first response to a new projector that has witnessed a scary entity...
"It's just a thought projection your mind has created" "you have to overcome fear by realizing it's NOT real" "It's just created by your mind" etc etc...
All this does is increase doubt. Doubt is a way of "dealing" with fear, not overcoming it. When doubt spreads it effects the good also, you will start to doubt everything, DOUBT will spread it's sickness throughout your mind without you even knowing it.

I notice in your post you focus on "bad things" happening when I am discussing doubt, meaning "good" things that happen to you must be real?

Or you just do not fear them so the auto-fear decreasing mechanism does not kick in. If you see a beautiful fish it must be real? No, if you can blame scary things on thought projections then you MUST blame beautiful things on thought projections...the answer?

- THEY ARE ALL REAL!!! THE BAD AND THE GOOD!!

Remember the old saying "there is no light without a dark" if you do not believe in the dark, and blame it on your mind, thats as far as you will go, because as far as I have seen, astral projection has plenty of light AND dark. It's not all sunshine and roses, they both exsist, and if you do not conquer the doubt mechanism in your mind, that takes those fears and stuffs them away in a closet far from reach, you will never see it but you need to because they are a part of each other. Progressing in anything involves being aware of and knowledgable of everything, the good and the bad...

Here is a line that is very true from George F Will that I like to think about from time to time

"The world has MUCH to lose from an atrophied capacity for wonder and surprise"

This is unfortunately happening, even in the world of astral projection. Doubt more often than not equals fear, fear equals stunted projections and small growth. Open your eyes, believe the impossible, conquer the fear of the impossible, and venture forth into the great unknown! I don't have anywhere close to all the answers so I'm not trying to sound like I do but I DO know doubt can be just as bad as fear and holds you back, even further than fear does in the long run.

Suzy - I'm not entirely sure how much of this fits you, I don't really follow your posts so I don't want you to think I'm singling you out or anything. It's more of a general statement that I think you can learn from if that makes sense :)

That is one of my faults. I take things literally. I should remind myself not to take people literally. You are correct. It is good to have a discussion about things. When people start to get upset then that is the time to stop. I am not saying people got upset.
About the fear, I am not afraid of movies. Perhaps it is because I do not like watching violent horror movies. I am afraid of cockroaches. I do not like being on my own in my house in the dark. I know those things are ridiculous. I am being truthful of what I am afraid of. I have been alone in the dark in the astral and it does not worry me. That does not make sense. I do not know why. As far as I know it does not affect my astral projections. I agree if you have fear, it can cause things to happen that are not true.
I agree with you about believing in the impossible. If we are narrow minded we will not get far. I think anything is possible. I am opening up my mind to think there could be other worlds or anything else.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:24 AM
lustershine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
They can honestly do both. They can actually jail you to where you're stuck in a facility and cannot leave until they say so.

Hah c: well that's super curious.
While I have run into the police before, I often just politely skeet by. Since I haven't actually experienced going to jail in the sastral (hah, sorry, leaving that typo) I can't speak from experience, but that would totally be about what I would expect from them from what few interactions I've had with the AP.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Master

With all this talk about astral police, I ap and had an experience. Someone said to me I am taking you to the police. When I woke up I knew it came from my mind. It was ridiculous. I am not saying your experiences are ridiculous. I realise it is important to try not to focus on negative things otherwise this sort of thing can happen.