Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Neville

Hello Xan.

I often sense bad dreams to be a counter weight to a good waking life. a balancing of sorts. A life entirely of Buttercups and Daisy's is to me as entirely unbalanced as a Life of Gloom and Shadows. So like that verse you quoted elsewhere ;

Quote:
Don't be afraid of what appears to be chaos or dissolution --
embrace the full measure of your life at any cost.

Old 28-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Master
Yes, this is a sort of balance, and bad dreams are usually attempts to express or resolve negative issues in the mind.

For me however, balance doesn't come from being involved in the dichotomies of good and bad in this dualistic world as something I think I 'should' do, but simply allowing it all each moment as I live from true center.

Xan

Old 28-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
For me however, balance doesn't come from being involved in the dichotomies of good and bad in this dualistic world as something I think I 'should' do, but simply allowing it all each moment as I live from true center.

Sorry if you got the impression I was rambling on about a dichotomy or indeed proceeding from dualistic point of view....I have No such luxury to be able to make black and white distinctions . It all, as you put it encompasses extremes/ opposites, but also all points between.
Old 29-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Experiencer
Earthatic, it sounds like your in Stage One of an awakening process. I do recognize what your saying but there are a couple of crucial elements you may be missing for a complete understanding of the process that's happening.

You are aware yes that the primary spiritual force influencing your experiences is your own higher spiritual self yes? And that you have free will and nothing can happen to you against your will yes? Certainly circumstances that surround you can be influenced by others but how you react is entirely up to you. Other beings can appear to influence mind control and appear to get into your mind but there's a misconception in this and a few crucial details overlooked. When something appears to your conscious and subconscious mind and exerts a thought or feeling it is your conscious and sub conscious mind that accepts the thought or feeling. If your mind believes them to be the greater force then you will usually yield to them if you are untrained.

When it happens that a spirit being crosses your path that knows every single thought and deed that has ever happened to you, and can appear to exert a great influence over your mind and body, this being is very crucial to your spiritual growth. They are referred to as "Soul Guides". They are not like personal spirit guides they are a whole other caliber of guide. They are capable of being many identities at once in front of you, appear as ten or twenty different people and they only appear at a certain level of awakening or when the soul has reached certain growth. They are not their to baby you and act as personal spirit guides full of light and love. These guys are masters of mind and body and they work in conjunction with your higher self. Everything they cause you to experience is sanctioned by your higher self to generate growth of the soul. They appear in your life to facilitate moral and soul and mental growth. Basically to improve your morals, develop your understanding of energy, improve mental strength and abilities etc.. They are granted knowledge of all your thoughts in order to assess your thought patterns because they are there to improve them. They will observe thoughts that lie, cheating, negative. They will bring up old past traumas and **** and force you to deal with them..even by re-enacting what you most fear. They will become what you fear to force you to properly deal with it, they will tease and torment you until you learn to overcome shame and stop caring what others think. The will stand over you and boss you around until you learn that you are the only boss. They will psychically attack you until you build your guards and learn to counterattack so that you are not vulnerable. They will create experiences that can seem horrifying if you dont understand the process and this is how they teach you what your higher self has asked the Soul Guide to teach you. All higher spiritual beings teach through experience because that is the way you truely understand.

I went through what you described 13 years ago and that's the first stage. When you consciously start to become aware of what each experience they generate is trying to teach, understanding happens faster and the next lesson comes Into play. Soul guides are very hard taskmasters and depending on what exists in the darker corners of your mind your Soul Guides will create experiences designed to overcome the darker parts of your being. They're very serious about their jobs, and they are allocated to several people at a time. They see negative/positive polarity as merely a vehicle of experience and have no qualms about designing experiences in either a negative or positive arena. They'll talk down to you until your confidence builds, they'll do things to you until your will builds.

Can I ask, have you made significant leaps in your psychic development since encountering these beings or forces? Has your understanding increased? Ability to process information? Understanding of energy? Etc.. Etc..

All is not what it seems, if you look deeply at everything you'll see the purpose behind every single negative experience. All this passes in time mind you, mine did, I'm now great friends with my Soul Guide and I wouldn't trade the training he has provided me for anything. Okay it seemed unpleasant at the time, almost demonic lol, but the benefits I have gained in the process! My light and awareness have increased dramatically.

"Everything that occurs—everything that has occurred, is occurring, and ever will occur—is the outward physical manifestation of your innermost thoughts, choices, ideas, and determinations regarding Who You Are and Who You Choose to Be"
CWG
Old 29-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraStorm
Earthatic, it sounds like your in Stage One of an awakening process. I do recognize what your saying but there are a couple of crucial elements you may be missing for a complete understanding of the process that's happening.

You are aware yes that the primary spiritual force influencing your experiences is your own higher spiritual self yes? And that you have free will and nothing can happen to you against your will yes? Certainly circumstances that surround you can be influenced by others but how you react is entirely up to you. Other beings can appear to influence mind control and appear to get into your mind but there's a misconception in this and a few crucial details overlooked. When something appears to your conscious and subconscious mind and exerts a thought or feeling it is your conscious and sub conscious mind that accepts the thought or feeling. If your mind believes them to be the greater force then you will usually yield to them if you are untrained.

When it happens that a spirit being crosses your path that knows every single thought and deed that has ever happened to you, and can appear to exert a great influence over your mind and body, this being is very crucial to your spiritual growth. They are referred to as "Soul Guides". They are not like personal spirit guides they are a whole other caliber of guide. They are capable of being many identities at once in front of you, appear as ten or twenty different people and they only appear at a certain level of awakening or when the soul has reached certain growth. They are not their to baby you and act as personal spirit guides full of light and love. These guys are masters of mind and body and they work in conjunction with your higher self. Everything they cause you to experience is sanctioned by your higher self to generate growth of the soul. They appear in your life to facilitate moral and soul and mental growth. Basically to improve your morals, develop your understanding of energy, improve mental strength and abilities etc.. They are granted knowledge of all your thoughts in order to assess your thought patterns because they are there to improve them. They will observe thoughts that lie, cheating, negative. They will bring up old past traumas and **** and force you to deal with them..even by re-enacting what you most fear. They will become what you fear to force you to properly deal with it, they will tease and torment you until you learn to overcome shame and stop caring what others think. The will stand over you and boss you around until you learn that you are the only boss. They will psychically attack you until you build your guards and learn to counterattack so that you are not vulnerable. They will create experiences that can seem horrifying if you dont understand the process and this is how they teach you what your higher self has asked the Soul Guide to teach you. All higher spiritual beings teach through experience because that is the way you truely understand.

I went through what you described 13 years ago and that's the first stage. When you consciously start to become aware of what each experience they generate is trying to teach, understanding happens faster and the next lesson comes Into play. Soul guides are very hard taskmasters and depending on what exists in the darker corners of your mind your Soul Guides will create experiences designed to overcome the darker parts of your being. They're very serious about their jobs, and they are allocated to several people at a time. They see negative/positive polarity as merely a vehicle of experience and have no qualms about designing experiences in either a negative or positive arena. They'll talk down to you until your confidence builds, they'll do things to you until your will builds.

Can I ask, have you made significant leaps in your psychic development since encountering these beings or forces? Has your understanding increased? Ability to process information? Understanding of energy? Etc.. Etc..

All is not what it seems, if you look deeply at everything you'll see the purpose behind every single negative experience. All this passes in time mind you, mine did, I'm now great friends with my Soul Guide and I wouldn't trade the training he has provided me for anything. Okay it seemed unpleasant at the time, almost demonic lol, but the benefits I have gained in the process! My light and awareness have increased dramatically.
You have beautifully described this, could you speak on the other stages as well? I'm curious as to the progression you made and the different steps/ stages you went through spiritually to get to where you are in the present :P

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 29-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Master
Great post, TerraStorm.

What you are describing as soul guides could be any high level guide who gives 'tough love' as needed... pushing us into and through our negativity and limitations in ways we never would or could do on our own. What a gift that can be when we take the challenge and opportunity.

Xan

Old 30-08-2012, 01:50 AM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraStorm

There are a number terms and mandates people should question in this post...

There is a seemingly fine line between tough love (with the intention to help a person grow) and bullying (with the intention to govern an individual). There is actually a massive difference. It would lie in the intentions of said "being" or "guide", of which you would have no way of judging based on those circumstances. We all learn from things we're exposed to, but that does not mean there is an intention behind the event that was meant to "teach" the individual. How would mass murder, genocide, self mutilation, or torture be helpful for a person or their targets? If you wanted to teach a person to fend for themselves, why would you also attempt to destroy (or utterly oppress) that person at the same time?
These are very unreasonable excuses that will only bring a more comfortable (albeit ignorant) belief.

Am I aware? -- or simply acknowledging the idea that there is "a primary spiritual force influencing your experiences is your own higher spiritual self" That is a belief that would potentially leave you vulnerable to control, if my theory is correct. This essentially could be no different than "God" commanding people to do things, or Him saying things only happen if he allows them to happen, or everything being for His purposes...it's the same **** in a different pile. I find these ideas highly suspicious, and so I am exploring a different outlook that seems to explain it without contradiction.

A minor issue I have is the difference in terms between a "spirit guide" and a "soul guide"? As if differences of "spirit" or "soul" have any bearing on what they actually do. If there is not twist of subjective opinion, that distinction is very obscure. There is a clear similarity in that they are both forces that incite, suggest, direct, or perform other actions that have to do with control, although their methods are supposedly different. This is getting into semantics, and if I were to adopt these ideas, I would use different terms.

Quote:

Leaps in psychic development under this model would mean that you are more receptive to these impressions...No. It's behaviour has not changed in the slightest, and mirrors the behaviour of how people described spirits in ancient times. My own understanding of them has diverted from the traditional views. As a result, I have found ways to become impervious to spiritual influences and now cannot even have dreams! From how you describe "soul guides", that is probably not what they have intended for me.

Quote:
All is not what it seems (Nor is it otherwise), if you look deeply at everything you'll see the purpose behind every single negative experience. All this passes in time mind you, mine did, I'm now great friends with my Soul Guide and I wouldn't trade the training he has provided me for anything. Okay it seemed unpleasant at the time, almost demonic lol, but the benefits I have gained in the process! My light and awareness have increased dramatically.

Alas, the skills I have learned have no use other than to be applied to these forces. It would be like a "guide" teaching you to play a game you'll never have to play unless forced into a confrontation with that "guide". How fun! -- but I'll pass, thanks.
Old 30-08-2012, 03:24 AM
Experiencer
Xan: Thanks Xan, Definitely extreme tough love, but their purpose is always made clear as you progress in awakening and an actual form of love is made apparent.

ShadeDragon: Of course, I'll outline the stages

Stage 1: Usually Astral Dimensional Level: Facing inner fears and past traumas. The Soul Guide facilitates this by producing or recreating fears from the sub conscious mind through experience. The Soul guide may choose to create an experience or become the object of what you fear. This Stage can be very nasty for those who are unaware of it. In the final Stages of Stage 1 the Soul Guide teaches you a deep understanding of polarity. That light and dark are merely aspects of relative experience. That all, whether spirit or physical have the capacity for both light and dark polarities within them. That we are free to choose the form of polarity we act from. By understanding polarity on a deep level we learn that fear is merely an aspect we are capable of overcoming. In this stage we are taught about resonance and how the polarity of our field affects what we experience. That changing our inner direction of polarity ie: Light to Dark we can change what we experience. The Soul Guide teaches us through experience to set boundaries. That they can only act against us because we let them. (I think that lesson took a while for me to register because it actually came to a point where my Soul Guide Actually had to tell me that the only reason he was acting in the negative against me was because I let him lol). Again not the best stage of experience however the development gained is tremendous.

Stage 2: Causal Dimension, The Cause and effect stage. The Soul Guide shifts into a more pleasant personality at this stage however there is still negative, but quite a margin less than before. This Stage took me a couple of years but I finally understood what I needed to progress. In this stage the Soul guide still utilizes the vehicle of experience as a lesson tool. This is the stage where the Soul Guide teaches you how your action affects others. For example, you may say or do something negative in your daily life to someone only to find that your Soul Guide re enacts the same thought or action upon you that you acted upon another. Being Jealous of another to find that your Soul Guide is acting jealous of you, looking down on another, only to experience the Soul Guide looking down on you. It is only when you develop deep understanding of this, which took me a couple of years to truly understand, that you move on from that stage. However the Soul Guide knows when your understanding or just pretending so will continue to stay in the cause and effect stage until you genuinely develop. By the way, i must mention, you become an extremely kind and generous person after this stage.

Stage 3: Matrix/Mental Dimension, Identity, Sense of Self, Who you are and who you choose to be. At this Stage the Soul Guide is kind of nice. When something truly upsets you they are there as a shoulder to lean on. In this Stage the Soul Guide teaches you about who you are. How to access your divine self. Who you have been, who you are, who you could be. You are taught that ego is not the all of your identity. That your identity encompasses much more. You meet aspects of your higher consciousness, you learn to call those divine aspects to dominate the conscious mind when needed. The Soul Guide teaches you to see more in yourself. That you are important in the great scheme. The Soul Guide teaches you that we are all one, all connected, and to identify with others as we would ourselves, however they use experience for this and the understanding that you gain concerning this concept through experience is second to none. At this stage you will experience multiple regressions, past life, present parallel life and future possibilities. This doorway is opened to you once you identify more on a collective framework rather than an individual separate one.

Stage 4: Celestial Dimension, Mastery. Here you learn how to balance functions of the lower dimensions and stages in tandem. You are now aware of yourself as a triad being. You learn to self assess what aspect of your triad is active. Whether you come from mind, or body or soul. You begin to understand consciousness on an individual and collective scale. You begin this stage as a student of mastery with active awareness of triad functions. You begin to see reality in a more truer sense. This stage works in tandem with the next stage

Stage 4: Cosmic spiritual awareness. At this stage you are still developing as a student of mastery. However knowledge of the mundane and spirit becomes more apparent. your awareness has grown to encompass the higher self and find that access to knowledge in the repository of your soul mind is easier to obtain. You see patterns of the universe much clearer. You understand dimensions and how they are connected to awareness. Your understanding of time and space deepens. Your relationship with your Soul Guide is deeper at this level. They have a certain level of respect for you at this stage and vice versa because you understand their purpose. You can see how your soul consciousness communes with your Soul Guide. Your connection with God deepens. You are driven less by selfish mundane desires and more towards aiding others towards the greater understanding that you have achieved. You are aware that you have complete autonomy over your destiny and that all others who participate in your experiences as a group are working in spiritual tandem.

That's as far as I have progressed for the moment. I have yet to transcend to the next dimensional awareness, so I cant say what that entails yet. All I can say for sure is that the next seven dimensions involve elevated mastery. However I admit I have been procrastinating in ascending to the next stages.

Live long!

"Everything that occurs—everything that has occurred, is occurring, and ever will occur—is the outward physical manifestation of your innermost thoughts, choices, ideas, and determinations regarding Who You Are and Who You Choose to Be"
CWG
Old 30-08-2012, 04:08 AM
Experiencer
Earthatic: Of course you should question what I have posted, it is not divine mandate after all. I merely present an alternate perspective from another level.

It is an alternate option to understanding the process from a creative perspective rather than a reactive one.

Ultimately it is up to the individual to choose whether they perceive reality from a perspective where they feel they are:

Victims or Responsible for all in their perceived reality
Controlled or in Control
Influenced by outside forces or the Creator of experience
Live in fear of the unknown or Deep understanding of what is so
Subject to Polarity and Relativity or Understand and Change undesired aspects.
To see evil and darkness, or to see past the illusion to the core where there is only light
To be subjugated by negative experiences or see opportunity in them
To trudge along and experience whatever is thrown at you or understand that you may choose another option.

You can only take control of your life and experiences when you understand that all you generate in your individual reality comes from you. Without a belief, understanding or awareness of this concept you will find yourself subject to others. All it takes is a shift in perspective.

Anyway, regarding spirit guides and soul guides. There is a heirachy system pertaining to spirit guides and soul guides etc..I'll copy and paste the definitions from my blog, saves time

Spirit Guides:

Personal Guide

Every individual on the earth plane has a “Personal Guide” from a higher dimension that stays with them throughout their incarnate life, and is there to help guide them through the hazards of everyday living. They can only be seen by clairvoyant sight, but often their presence can be felt quite strongly, particularly in times of stress.

Unlike many people, your Personal Guide will never leave you, regardless of how you behave in life, and are specifically chosen because there is an affinity between you both that is helpful for your present incarnation. They will not be a Personal Guide to anyone else, and are totally committed to your emotional welfare.

If you request them for help in personal issues, you may be amazed how you’re suddenly ‘impressed’ with solutions to what may have seemed an impossible situation, or perhaps find the answers to confusing questions in your dreams.

Although our friends and relatives that have recently died live on this plane, and will move close at certain times in life, they would not be your Personal Guide, as this guide will have been with you since birth.

The Personal Guide will not reincarnate until the person they are looking after has passed from the physical world. Sometimes, such a rapport has built up between the two that, in rare cases, a decision is made to stay together when the Personal Guide chooses to reincarnate. Thus the roles are reversed and the previous guide incarnates on the physical plane with their counterpart as their own Personal Guide.

Keeper

Every person also has a Keeper with them throughout life, although only at specific times. They are more specialised than personal guides. Clairvoyants often see them as warriors, and their function is to protect our subconscious mind.

When doing any form of spiritual work we open up to emotional experiences beyond the physical plane. The Keeper job is to open the “door” to our mind; to protect us from unwanted interference while we work; and close it after we have finished. This allows easy return to our earthly life, and prevents unnecessary loss of energy.

It is essential that we ask for help from our keepers for, like our guides, they will not action without our permission.

Both our Personal Guides and Keepers are totally dedicated to our personal welfare. They are capable of traversing dimensions extremely close to the physical plane, therefore it is relatively easy for us to become aware of their presence.

They are there to assist not to frighten us. They are not “apparitions”, and certainly will never “appear” as spooks in the night! Only if we make it known that we are willing, will they find ways of letting us know they are there.

Soul Guide

These Guides are far more advanced than previous guides, and not interested in personality issues. They are involved with the development of the Soul, and are known as “Masters”.

In that sense, they are there to help the individual, but only join us when the soul awakens to “itself”. They have infinite knowledge, and are of extreme value in guiding us on the Right Path, as we strive for greater understanding of our Soul direction and destiny in our present life.

Each of us has a Soul Guide which is extremely important, for they stand near the centre of the “heart” of ourselves. They are the mediating force between the person we know as “Me” in our everyday life (the personality), and the Soul that we are, in the much higher sense. When a Guide reaches this stage, they do not reincarnate, except for the purpose of aiding humanity.

The Soul Guide is interested in developing moral values, and it is their job to help us make the transition from the self-centred, emotionally reactive individual, to the “soul conscious” dedicated Disciple on the road to enlightenment. But they can only begin to do this when we start to recognise that there is more to us than just the personality, and there is a much greater “inner world” that we wish to explore.

Although the Soul Guide takes on individual tuition, they will also be responsible for the development of other souls. Regardless of this, they will still maintain close interest until the time comes for their student to move on further, and another more advanced Guide will take their place.

They never get involved in “personal issues”, although they do monitor the Disciple’s reactions to these experiences, and determine their usefulness to the development of the soul. However, if the student, inspite of their studies, is unwilling or unable to work towards raising their consciousness, and steadfastly remains locked in issues of pride, petty resentments, or over reactive behaviour to life events, then the Soul Guide – unlike our personal guides and keepers – will step away from the individual and wait for a more opportune time to continue with their training.

The Soul Guide is a harsh taskmaster at times and will use the fastest avenue for an individual to learn to overcome pride, pettiness and reactive behaviours. Often they will enact the offending behaviours onto the individual until the individual realises what and why an experience is happening.

As we progress through our evolution our Soul will choose to experience many aspects of relativity for our growth. This is how evolution is obtained. It is how growth is obtained in the great scheme. The majority are unaware that evolution is achieved through experience however our higher self and those beings that reside in the higher dimensions know exactly what the vehicle of experience is for and will choose this vehicle when they teach us. However many of us are still quite reactive and instead of understanding what an experience is for and growing from it they will just tend to react to it.

In the end its up to the individual. If they would rather stay in a state where they prefer to react rather than create then that is for them to choose. Whatever makes you happy.

Live long

CWG
Old 30-08-2012, 10:21 AM
earthatic

My interpretation is not a reactive one. It is a study of how these forces interact with our minds (and vice versa). You are overstepping the boundaries of certain established forms, and your post is stuffed with presumptuous notions that do not necessarily apply.

Since you wish to turn attention to me... why on earth am I coming to these conclusions? -- and it may do you better to ask rather than assume. You fail to acknowledge what a person may look to gain from taking certain perspectives, rather than think "one fails, one succeeds". That is not so.
I'm afraid I don't recognize the fringe terms of "awakening" or "subconscious" and I am not looking to settle on any form of decisive belief (on something that would make me more accepting of being undermined) nor am I comfortable with unsophisticated dualistic approaches, regardless of confident assurance.
I am pragmatically starting from the ground up and discarding certain approaches that brought no aid. In so doing, I have no reserved ideas that could potentially make false conclusions, ie: If I come across _____, then it means _______. I make no assumption that something is a guide, departed ancestor, evil spirit, ect... I am in the beginning stages of study, and recently discovered certain things that seem to be completely against popular views. I am looking to explore these ideas (as mentioned in the original post), so what you are doing right now is extremely unproductive. While I appreciate your efforts, you tell me nothing I haven't already thought of before.