Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-02-2012, 12:00 PM
SoulSparkles

I once woke from a dream with my arms crossed over my chest tightly and my fists crunched as if I was holding things, and I felt Egyptian.... During that day various synchronicities occured as I kept this dream in focus and A book came into my possession of Nefertiti!

Im not claiming I was Nefertiti however, I did take from that that Id definately had a past Egyptian Life. Either that or Being an Empath I must have experienced something unusual that needed expression!
Old 13-02-2012, 06:55 AM
Master
Carl Jung... is that famous enough?

Somebody told me once and it kinda makes sense even though it's not one I've had direct memories of. Ages ago someone I admired said Jung was great but a hard read so I got the last book he wrote and swung through it like a hot knife through butter... it all just seemed obvious. Then I related this story to an older woman at a small party and she said it was because I was Jung... later I was told she was a medium so there you go.

Was a Chinese Emperor though but a friend said I was just a highly placed adviser when I told him. That was interesting as I realised all my good women friends were in my harem so I musta been a nice bloke!

But it's the lives of the poor and unworthy that really teach us stuff. Being Rich and powerful is just there to give us little holidays.
Old 13-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Mammatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting

But it's the lives of the poor and unworthy that really teach us stuff. Being Rich and powerful is just there to give us little holidays.

Oh yes, I definitely agree with this for the most part. I do believe that having an FPL does serve a purpose and in my case....
I learned why I want to bring back the Gladiator games and why it's not a good idea (or at least, why it's not a good idea for me to be running the games)

I could go on forever about what I learned form the poor, insignificant lives, but that'd be getting off topic and I'm not going to do it. At least not in this thread
Old 13-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Master

Poor, yes.

But unworthy? When did poor and unworthy become two naturally connected words?'

I have seen more than a few RICH and unworthy....
Old 15-02-2012, 06:12 AM
Master
Sorry Bud, didn't mean it that way, I was likening unworthy to unwashed as in a common way to look at poor people like they're only poor because they're lazy and won't get off their bums. As in the opposite of the rich who always see themselves as worthy.
Old 21-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
I have never been famous, but I will say something about the phenomenon which I think is not said often enough (particularly given that skeptics frequently bring up "everyone thinks they were Cleopatra" in order to rebuff the idea of reincarnation). I have read from a number of different sources, as well as being told the same by my guides, that in the spirit world we have access to a kind of "spiritual library" of human lifetimes, any of which we can step into at any time we wish, and live as if we were that person, using it either as a learning experience or just for fun.

If you had the opportunity, wouldn't you want to try being Cleopatra for a while, or Marilyn Monroe, or Michaelangelo? Often the spirit memories we describe under hypnosis or which come up during meditations are not those of an actual Earthly life, but of some of our adventures in the spirit world. The memories are not incorrect, but can be misunderstood if we aren't aware of their context. If we are looking at things solely from a linear physical viewpoint we fail to grasp the limitless experiences available to us in spirit.

Thank you for sharing that thought. Yes, yes, yes .... I agree absolutely with what you have written. Speaking from personal experience, I have seen the phenomenon a few times. In 2 instances, I was able to point out to the individuals in question who they actually were (i.e. not whom they believed they were). They just assumed the memories they had experienced were illustrating a life they had personally lived. In both cases, they ignored signs that clearly suggested they were someone else. I have also read some books on the topic of famous past lives, where I believe/sense memories have been incorrectly passed off by the author as ‘evidence’ of a past life. One book that really comes to mind was written by a hypnotherapist. In my opinion, without ‘other evidence’, it is unscientific but also presumptuous to assume a memory is proof of a past life. At best, a memory, without anything else, can only be a possible indicator.

What do I consider ‘other evidence’?
It’s possible to gather evidence when there are historical records available. If a person has experienced memories of living a life as a vineyard maid in the 16th century for example, it might prove hard to find some concrete evidence of this ..... and most people are usually not interested in reading about someone’s seemingly insignificant life as a vineyard maid anyway. Many seem interested in hearing about a famous past life though. In many such cases, although not always, there are often good historical records to refer to for evidence .... BUT the kicker here is the cynicism and disbelief on most websites, and even in real life, that any ordinary person today could ever have been someone famous. Part of the problem though also lies in the lack of proper research and attempt to collect evidence before making such a claim.

Historical records allow a person to compare physical characteristics between 2 people, as souls tend to carry over similar physical features through many lifetimes. One can also compare handwriting styles; and identify same soul group members, which I CONSIDER TO BE THE STRONGEST EVIDENCE/PROOF OF A PAST LIFE. When available, the birth date (or any key date for that matter) can also be analysed for clues using both numerology and astrology - both can be extremely useful here, if one knows how to apply them. Synchronistic events can also help add to the collective body of evidence, as can similarities in life choices. In some cases ancestral records can also hold important clues, and there are other identifying factors as well to consider. Every genuine PL case has its individual peculiarities.

For those who do speak publicly of their famous past life experiences, it is not uncommon to take some time to process the truth and evidence before doing so. The reality is that such a truth – in genuine cases - is usually a great surprise and shock at first. In genuine cases, there is rarely a rush to speak to others about it before a lot of personal thinking, processing and critical research has occurred. Admitting to another person in real life or posting in a forum ‘I think I was the famous Mr. X’ usually attracts a lot of cynicism or ridicule .... which is fair enough. Without any evidence I would not be taking such statements as truth either. Anyone can write something – it does not necessarily make it true.

If one wants to be heard and taken seriously on this topic of famous past lives, then a lot of energy needs to be spent giving detailed evidence, and often these details are also personal .... and I do not believe forums are the best medium for conveying such material. I think online discussion on the topic generally, from what I have seen over the years, seems to lack any great depth of intelligence, any real innovative thinking/discussion, or objectivity. Many would really just prefer to believe that no man or woman living an ordinary life today could have been someone famous in a prior life. Others feign interest in the subject but go to no great lengths to do any deep reading on the subject, but freely make uninformed comments that are just not true. (.... and today we live in the times of small sound bytes and quick information access). I do not mean to offend anyone but this is just what I see, and have experienced.

Someone in this thread also seemed keen on ‘believing’ that souls would not choose to live more than one famous life. From my own research of many hundreds of cases, this is not true. It does indeed happen .... often. Unfortunately the human mind tends to focus on the fame aspect, whereas the soul focuses on the lessons learnt, or not learnt. (Fame is after all just a definition for someone who is well known by a large group of people. It does not always suggest greatness in the true sense of that word). It’s not about the fame but the experience and a person who is famous is not necessarily better than the beggar on a street.

By the way Westleigh, you mentioned Michaelangelo in your above post. He has again reincarnated today as an artist. Today he goes by the name of Paul-Felix Montez and he lives in L.A. He's the real deal. (I have actually spoken to him briefly). He has a web page if anyone is interested in reading about his thoughts on the subject: http://www.laladada.com/lasvegasnewage.html The reason for him reincarnating as an artist again is clear. It’s a fascinating story, as are many genuine past life stories when one is privileged enough to come across them.

Finally, if posters here really ..... I mean .... if you REALLLLLY want others to share their past life stories with you, the best way to do this would be to take the topic seriously. Joking about when is Jesus going to turn up or will all the Cleopatras stand up only acts as a red light for those people with genuine past life stories to stay well away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjoorka
Who knows but there is a woman who claims she was Lady Guinevere that have written a book about it. http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=449954&postcount=9

I don't believe she was Guinevere. I’m pretty sure she wasn’t. Unfortunately the real Guinevere – and she does exist - has to contend with the claims the woman makes in this book. It’s sad.

Last edited by *whitefeather : 21-02-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 21-02-2012, 12:54 PM
dyanaprajna2011

The only past life I've had that's been shown to me during meditation was that I was a Roman soldier, a very bitter, angry, and lonely soldier, who was also apparently a drunk. Not very glamorous, but hopefully, as more is shown to me, it gets better.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Master

I like that someone said "define famous" here. I was a famous Japanese general in the 13th or 14th century. There were several, so I am not sure which one. I picked up a book about it after my regression, and I recognized some of the names.

It didn't mean much to me then, and it doesn't mean much to me now. It was a life lesson; just like all of them are.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Mammatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsymystique
I like that someone said "define famous" here.

Same here. I prefer the term "historical". "Famous" is to me a positive term, and just doesn't apply to certain past personas, including my own.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by *whitefeather
Part of the problem though also lies in the lack of proper research and attempt to collect evidence before making such a claim.

While this is very true, I would have to also add, that not everyone actually openly talks about all the research they have done. So it gets really hard to tell just who is being more sincere in their claims, and who isn't. And then there are those cases where a whole lot of historical research can't be done, simply because it was lost to history or was never really recorded. And one can only go on the here say of testimony and unsubstantiated rumors.

Quote:
For those who do speak publicly of their famous past life experiences, it is not uncommon to take some time to process the truth and evidence before doing so. The reality is that such a truth – in genuine cases - is usually a great surprise and shock at first. In genuine cases, there is rarely a rush to speak to others about it before a lot of personal thinking, processing and critical research has occurred. Admitting to another person in real life or posting in a forum ‘I think I was the famous Mr. X’ usually attracts a lot of cynicism or ridicule .... which is fair enough. Without any evidence I would not be taking such statements as truth either. Anyone can write something – it does not necessarily make it true.

I totally agree with what you are saying here, especially about the whole "shock" and not wanting to rush right out and tell the first person about it aspect. And while yes, there will be a whole lot of cynicism and/or ridicule in divulging said information, I'm not quite sure it's fair to assume the person who does just come right out to say who they were, hasn't actually put the effort into doing the research or explanation of their experiences, and therefore are less likely to be believed. The sad thing is, one never knows just how many times that person has actually gone into all that information in the past. So, while it may seem highly unlikely for someone who just says, "I was so and so in a past life". That's actually a bit unfair to use that as a deciding factor to weigh against a person's claim. But yes, I do agree that the burden of proof lies on the shoulders of the person making such claims, regardless of just how much time they wish to spend, at that time, trying to prove how they came to that belief.

Quote:
If one wants to be heard and taken seriously on this topic of famous past lives, then a lot of energy needs to be spent giving detailed evidence, and often these details are also personal .... and I do not believe forums are the best medium for conveying such material. I think online discussion on the topic generally, from what I have seen over the years, seems to lack any great depth of intelligence, any real innovative thinking/discussion, or objectivity. Many would really just prefer to believe that no man or woman living an ordinary life today could have been someone famous in a prior life. Others feign interest in the subject but go to no great lengths to do any deep reading on the subject, but freely make uninformed comments that are just not true. (.... and today we live in the times of small sound bytes and quick information access). I do not mean to offend anyone but this is just what I see, and have experienced.

Again, I agree with you on this point. It's kind of sad, that when someone actually does go into such great depths to be taken seriously, that doesn't automatically mean that others will take it seriously, regardless of the information they've been presented with. So, what does one do when others still do not want to believe it could be true? And let us not forget, that what things that are "true" for one person, are not always going to be "true" for another. "Truth" is just too darn subjective at times, but I would assume that personal opinions and beliefs play a huge part in all the reasons behind that.

Heh, I've actually been going through an interesting little past life dilemma for the past few years. One of my guides, Archangel Michael, still insists that I was a certain person(s), yet I'm rather reluctant to believe him. Possibly because no one really seems to want to believe me when I mention it. So, what does one do when there's just not enough belief in the claim, regardless of all the evidence or experiences? Best one can really do, I suppose, is just shrug it off as best as they can and just continue going about one's business as usual. After all, just how much of an important role does a past life play in the current life?

And yes, I do agree with what you're saying about a serious lack of in depth, thought provoking intelligent conversation, when it comes to this sort of means of communication. Most people just don't have the time for it, because it is so time consuming. So we just make our little comments to each other here and there, and sometimes don't even give much of a thought to whether our actual meanings were understood by everyone or not, until someone comes in with a different understanding of what they think we just said It's an amusing little quirk of the human condition.

Quote:
Finally, if posters here really ..... I mean .... if you REALLLLLY want others to share their past life stories with you, the best way to do this would be to take the topic seriously. Joking about when is Jesus going to turn up or will all the Cleopatras stand up only acts as a red light for those people with genuine past life stories to stay well away.

Again, I agree.

Quote:
I don't believe she was Guinevere. I’m pretty sure she wasn’t. Unfortunately the real Guinevere – and she does exist - has to contend with the claims the woman makes in this book. It’s sad.

But then again, how does one really know just who was, and who was not, any particular historical person? I suppose it's just one of those fun little mysteries of life that we may never truly know until we return to spirit, where things are so much more easy to figure out.