Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 17-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Thanks but I'm a little puzzled about how one separates the spiritual from the physical mind. How is one confident that there is clear separation when the individual is still incarnate?

Isn't telepathic communication likely to involve, at least in part, the 'incarnate portion' of the mind, rather than solely the discarnate one? That's an issue which can't happen when communicating with a discarnate so it is different from connecting with a wholly non-physical individual.

I can accept that guides may link directly to either our spirit or physical selves (when there is sufficient need) but I'm far from convinced that anything similar occurs on an incarnate to incarnate basis....

I'm trying to get all this clear in my thoughts if you can help me further.

Well, I don't think I can claim to be an expert, but I'm happy to present the experiences I have had so far if they are helpful. As you say, there is a significant difference between communicating with the spirit aspect of a person and with the physical aspect. The former is spirit communication rather than telepathy, though whether you would consider it mediumship depends how you define mediumship (I talk to spirits but I don't really consider myself a medium as such). Telepathy - physical consciousness to physical consciousness - is a very different thing and something I find far more challenging. My success with it has been limited in comparison.

I don't know that I would call the spiritual and physical conscious of a person completely seperate things. I don't know if my view is accurate, but I see it more as the latter being a subset of the former. After all, our full spiritual selves with all of our memories must exist in some form while we do not have conscious access to them. I have successfully conversed with my higher self and I know others have also, as meditations with that aim are quite common.

It would make sense to me that what you posted about mediums contacting the living is viable, perhaps particularly in the scenario you presented, because when a person is sleeping or in a coma the physical consciousness is dormant or dreaming (to use the comparison of telepathy again, I have a partner I practice telepathy with and am unable to contact him when he is sleeping, but I am still able to speak with his spirit aspect if I like).

You are welcome to draw your own conclusions about the idea. I don't think it is something much discussed since it's simply not something mediums really have any reason to try to do.
Old 17-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
The reason I didnt share it is because the alien was transparent.. transparent when he first visited me and when I found him.. In my spiritually teaching when they are transparent they are broken or dont have access to full truth so you have to take their word as a grain of salt.. now although he touched on points that I've been told but, gave me an ending and My Father God never gives me a ending only direction one should take..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Interesting.....
I never knew about the transparent thing....
I will have to remember that.
Old 17-01-2012, 09:06 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
Well, I don't think I can claim to be an expert, but I'm happy to present the experiences I have had so far if they are helpful. As you say, there is a significant difference between communicating with the spirit aspect of a person and with the physical aspect. The former is spirit communication rather than telepathy, though whether you would consider it mediumship depends how you define mediumship (I talk to spirits but I don't really consider myself a medium as such). Telepathy - physical consciousness to physical consciousness - is a very different thing and something I find far more challenging. My success with it has been limited in comparison.

I don't know that I would call the spiritual and physical conscious of a person completely seperate things. I don't know if my view is accurate, but I see it more as the latter being a subset of the former. After all, our full spiritual selves with all of our memories must exist in some form while we do not have conscious access to them. I have successfully conversed with my higher self and I know others have also, as meditations with that aim are quite common.

It would make sense to me that what you posted about mediums contacting the living is viable, perhaps particularly in the scenario you presented, because when a person is sleeping or in a coma the physical consciousness is dormant or dreaming (to use the comparison of telepathy again, I have a partner I practice telepathy with and am unable to contact him when he is sleeping, but I am still able to speak with his spirit aspect if I like).

You are welcome to draw your own conclusions about the idea. I don't think it is something much discussed since it's simply not something mediums really have any reason to try to do.

thanks, Westleigh - you've given me some 'stuff' to think about there and maybe later to get my teeth into after I've reflected on what you've told us.

It's very interesting and challenging.
Old 17-01-2012, 09:28 PM
mac

For anyone in doubt about my position - or for anyone suspecting I have anything to conceal - for me a medium is a go between, a third party, facilitating transdimensional communication ie from those 'in-spirit' to those who aren't, discarnate to incarnate..... and vice versa.

If it ain't though a third party, if it ain't discarnate/incarnate communication, it ain't mediumship. That doesn't mean I disbelieve anyone claiming to communicate directly with discarnates - only that I don't call it mediumship.
Old 18-01-2012, 01:26 AM
mac

Westleigh - I hope you won't mind my asking a few more questions?

Well, I don't think I can claim to be an expert, but I'm happy to present the experiences I have had so far if they are helpful.
As you say, there is a significant difference between communicating with the spirit aspect of a person and with the physical aspect. The former is spirit communication rather than telepathy, Isn't it said that communication between discarnates and incarnates is via telepathy anyway? And what characterises communication with spirit individuals compared with "
physical consciousness to physical consciousness" (pc-pc) communication?

though whether you would consider it mediumship depends how you define mediumship (I talk to spirits but I don't really consider myself a medium as such). For me that's not mediumship - just communication.... Telepathy - physical consciousness to physical consciousness - is a very different thing and something I find far more challenging. My success with it has been limited in comparison. It's probably understandable that pc-pc communication is more challenging - we're not equipped for it and why would we be?

I don't know that I would call the spiritual and physical conscious of a person completely seperate things. I don't know if my view is accurate, but I see it more as the latter being a subset of the former. After all, our full spiritual selves with all of our memories must exist in some form while we do not have conscious access to them. Agreed but can we be certain they are what's being accessed in other states? I have successfully conversed with my higher self and I know others have also, as meditations with that aim are quite common. I wonder about what that achieves? Are matters markedly different from one's conscious perception of one's self? Does one's 'higher self' constantly make allowance for the shortcomings of it's 'total self'?

It would make sense to me that what you posted about mediums contacting the living is viable, perhaps particularly in the scenario you presented, because when a person is sleeping or in a coma the physical consciousness is dormant or dreaming And yet there appears to be few/no verifiable details.... (to use the comparison of telepathy again, I have a partner I practice telepathy with and am unable to contact him when he is sleeping, but I am still able to speak with his spirit aspect if I like - Isn't that still telepathic communication?).

You are welcome to draw your own conclusions about the idea. I don't think it is something much discussed since it's simply not something mediums really have any reason to try to do. I prefer to reach conclusions only when I have adequate data and I'm trying to avoid any premature conclusion that the situation is anything other than fanciful.

I'd love to learn that there might be a reliable way to reach individuals trapped in the so-called persistent vegetative state.
Old 18-01-2012, 02:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
- for me a medium is a go between, a third party, facilitating transdimensional communication

If it ain't though a third party, if it ain't discarnate/incarnate communication, it ain't mediumship. That doesn't mean I disbelieve anyone claiming to communicate directly with discarnates - only that I don't call it mediumship.

Mac--

I understand the point you're making but really, doesn't every medium have to start by doing communication directly between themselves and a "discarnate"? How else would you perfect the communication, establish your own ways of knowing how to interpret what you are getting?

Really, it's just a name describing an indescribable thing done by each person in a different way. So why the punctilious adhesion to arbitrarily defined professions? (Sorry, just had to carry out the alliteration a bit more!)

Who really cares? You can call yourself Kaiser Wilhelm and I wouldn't be offended.

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 18-01-2012, 02:33 AM
mac

IsleWalker

I understand the point you're making but really, doesn't every medium have to start by doing communication directly between themselves and a "discarnate"? But that's not what was being discussed, and isn't (as I understand it) mediumship at that point - it's two-way communication. How else would you perfect the communication, establish your own ways of knowing how to interpret what you are getting? And at that point it's simply communication (as I understand the situation) and not mediumship. Perhaps you don't see mediumship in the way I've described it and it might be helpful to understand what it is for you personally...You could fix that for us.

Really, it's just a name describing an indescribable thing done by each person in a different way. I'll accept that it's indescribable for you....So why the punctilious adhesion to arbitrarily defined professions? (Sorry, just had to carry out the alliteration a bit more!) Aliiteration requires similar-sounding words ie. repetition of the initial sound or consonant....

Who really cares? I care.... You can call yourself Kaiser Wilhelm and I wouldn't be offended. I wasn't out to offend anyone and I didn't call myself anything - but it's not what we were discussing and this thread isn't supposed to be about me.
Old 18-01-2012, 03:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
IsleWalker

I understand the point you're making but really, doesn't every medium have to start by doing communication directly between themselves and a "discarnate"? But that's not what was being discussed, and isn't (as I understand it) mediumship at that point - it's two-way communication.

Actually, Mac, the OP asked this question:
This also leads to a question I have.. I never looked into how to contact souls they always come to me and thats good enough me but, I would like to know if I wanted to contact someone thats never came to me before would I just follow that same procedure -- to meditate on that individual until they come up?

You were the one who brought up the legalistic definition of mediumship, which seems to be an obsession of yours--anyone who dares call themselves one who doesn't fit your definition.

Quote:
How else would you perfect the communication, establish your own ways of knowing how to interpret what you are getting? And at that point it's simply communication (as I understand the situation) and not mediumship. Perhaps you don't see mediumship in the way I've described it and it might be helpful to understand what it is for you personally...You could fix that for us.

Sorry, Mac, not gonna go down that road again. It is just an invitation to argue. I don't really care what the definition of medium is.
Quote:
I'll accept that it's indescribable for you....
Nice.
Quote:
(Sorry, just had to carry out the alliteration a bit more!) Aliiteration requires similar-sounding words ie. repetition of the initial sound or consonant...

I thought as I typed this you would quibble with that. Actually, the definition is:The occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words.I believe the a-words and the p-words qualify. Don't make me hurl an F-word at you, Mac!
Quote:
but it's not what we were discussing and this thread isn't supposed to be about me.
It's what YOU were discussing, not necessarily what the topic of the thread was.

Isle - Lora
Old 18-01-2012, 03:28 AM
mac

IsleWalker

Actually, Mac, the OP asked this question:[/color][/color]This also leads to a question I have.. I never looked into how to contact souls they always come to me and thats good enough me but, I would like to know if I wanted to contact someone thats never came to me before would I just follow that same procedure -- to meditate on that individual until they come up? As with many threads the discussions often go off-topic. It was this off-topic direction I was alluding to...

You were the one who brought up the legalistic definition of mediumship, which seems to be an obsession of yours--anyone who dares call themselves one who doesn't fit your definition. Lora I didn't even mention a "legalistic definition" as you're claiming - just take a look at what I've written to check on that. I don't have obsessions either but I do have a deep interest - maybe you see those as the same? I only gave my definition to avoid any accusation of avoiding the subject after repeatedly asking what others have to say - what would you have me do instead?

[color=Blue][color=Black] Sorry, Mac, not gonna go down that road again. It is just an invitation to argue. It seems you're the one who wants to argue - I much prefer to discuss and debate any differences of approach....I don't really care what the definition of medium is.[/quote] That's another occasion when you talk about not caring.... It's hard to gauge what is important to you, what you do care about. But may I assure you that I'm someone who does care about many issues....
[color=Blue][color=Black] I thought as I typed this you would quibble with that. Actually, the definition is:The occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words. It's not what we teach students but I guess it depends on which dictionaries you consult Your US Merriam-Webster says, for example: "..the repetition of usually initial consonant sounds in two or more neighboring words or syllables (as wild and woolly, threatening throngs)" I kinda listen (for guidance) to what dictionaries suggest as normal usage ... believe the a-words and the p-words qualify. Don't make me hurl an F-word at you, Mac! If you're even thinking of that then shame on you...

[color=Blue][color=Black]It's what YOU were discussing, not necessarily what the topic of the thread was. I dealt with this at the beginning of this posting.

I'm not going to spend any more time on this interchange as it's going nowhere. My interest in serious issues which have been raised by other contributors. Issues which I care about and about which I'd like to learn and understand more.
Old 18-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Serenity Bear

I would be very careful identifying any Spirit as Alien, epecially if you can call on them. Calling on a spirit is not something that can be done by most mediums, there a few that can but thats due to their special work.

The problem with 'alien' contacts is that you cant really check their information like you normally would with a three question check. If this isnt done you really cant be sure who you are speaking to is who they say.

ie The three questions you ask of spirit that you dont know the answer to and they must provide the correct answer, if they arent right then you dont work with them period.

Now as far as the rare alien contacts that I know off. One small group of supposedly experienced mediums I know very very well, supposedly did trance with an alien. They never did the three questions and to be frank the information they were given was just drivel anyone high on drugs would get. I have a large doubt if the spirit was real and that it was alien at all.

Now how do I know aliens do make contact - well they do but usually only contact a certain type of medium, and they are usually Starseeds/Indigos/Crystals/Blue Rays of which Im one. This is how I know when an alien contact is going on.

As far as I know all but a few alien contacts are banned in the Spirit World due to the horrendous repercussions it would have. It is very very rare and it would only been done through and under certain situations to someone who would not be blown away by the fact of it.

Be very very cautious of any spirit saying its alien, but also be aware some aliens are very very bad to have as a contact. The reason why the Blue Rays etc are used for contact is because they come from space and thus their soul already understands and know the situations around each spieces and thus have a natural protection.

Unless said alien can identify and prove the astrological details of where it comes from etc then dont deal with them and just point them to someone on the contact list held in the Mediumship Halls of Learning in the Spirit World. Its a very big place, cant be missed, and is known to the majority in the Spirit World. They can also contact the Pathfinders of Peace Corps and go from there.