Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 02-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Occultist

So Jesus invented
1 Catholicism
1.1 Catholic Church
1.1.1 The Latin Rite1.1.2 Eastern Catholic Churches
1.2 Other churches
1.2.1 Independent (self-identified as Catholic)
2 Eastern Orthodoxy
2.1 Eastern Orthodox Church
2.2 Other churches
3 Oriental Orthodoxy
4 Church of the East
5 Protestantism
5.1 Pre-Lutheran Protestants
5.2 Lutheranism
5.3 Anglicanism
5.3.1 Anglican Communion5.3.2 Other Anglican Churches
5.4 Reformed Churches
5.5 Presbyterianism
5.6 Congregationalist Churches
5.7 Anabaptists
5.8 Brethren
5.9 Methodists
5.10 Pietists and Holiness Churches
5.11 Baptists
5.11.1 Spiritual Baptists
5.12 Apostolic Churches – Irvingites
5.13 Pentecostalism
5.14 Charismatics
5.14.1 Neo-Charismatic Churches
5.15 African Initiated Churches
5.16 United and uniting churches
5.17 Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)
5.18 Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement
5.19 Southcottites
5.20 Millerites and comparable groups
5.20.1 Sabbath-Keeping Churches, Adventist5.20.2 Sabbath-Keeping Churches, Non-Adventist5.20.3 Sunday Adventists5.20.4 Sacred Name Groups
5.21 British-Israelism
5.22 Miscellaneous/Other
5.23 Christian Revival Church
6 Latter Day Saints
6.1 Original denomination
6.2 "Prairie Saint" denominations
6.3 Rocky Mountains denominations
6.4 Other denominations
7 Nontrinitarian groups
7.1 Oneness Pentecostalism
7.2 Unitarianism and Universalism
7.3 Bible Student groups
7.4 Swedenborgianism
7.5 Other non-Trinitarians
8 New Thought
9 Messianic Judaism / Jewish Christians
10 Esoteric Christianity
11 Syncretistic religions incorporating elements of Christianity
12 peoples church
13 upside down church
I know theres more I cant think of anymore atm. but these are branches and all started out different and changed over time. so will Wicca I see it moving more towards witchcraft as a matter of fact.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Chrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
So Jesus invented
1 Catholicism
1.1 Catholic Church
1.1.1 The Latin Rite1.1.2 Eastern Catholic Churches
1.2 Other churches
1.2.1 Independent (self-identified as Catholic)
2 Eastern Orthodoxy
2.1 Eastern Orthodox Church
2.2 Other churches
3 Oriental Orthodoxy
4 Church of the East
5 Protestantism
5.1 Pre-Lutheran Protestants
5.2 Lutheranism
5.3 Anglicanism
5.3.1 Anglican Communion5.3.2 Other Anglican Churches
5.4 Reformed Churches
5.5 Presbyterianism
5.6 Congregationalist Churches
5.7 Anabaptists
5.8 Brethren
5.9 Methodists
5.10 Pietists and Holiness Churches
5.11 Baptists
5.11.1 Spiritual Baptists
5.12 Apostolic Churches – Irvingites
5.13 Pentecostalism
5.14 Charismatics
5.14.1 Neo-Charismatic Churches
5.15 African Initiated Churches
5.16 United and uniting churches
5.17 Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)
5.18 Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement
5.19 Southcottites
5.20 Millerites and comparable groups
5.20.1 Sabbath-Keeping Churches, Adventist5.20.2 Sabbath-Keeping Churches, Non-Adventist5.20.3 Sunday Adventists5.20.4 Sacred Name Groups
5.21 British-Israelism
5.22 Miscellaneous/Other
5.23 Christian Revival Church
6 Latter Day Saints
6.1 Original denomination
6.2 "Prairie Saint" denominations
6.3 Rocky Mountains denominations
6.4 Other denominations
7 Nontrinitarian groups
7.1 Oneness Pentecostalism
7.2 Unitarianism and Universalism
7.3 Bible Student groups
7.4 Swedenborgianism
7.5 Other non-Trinitarians
8 New Thought
9 Messianic Judaism / Jewish Christians
10 Esoteric Christianity
11 Syncretistic religions incorporating elements of Christianity
12 peoples church
13 upside down church
I know theres more I cant think of anymore atm. but these are branches and all started out different and changed over time. so will Wicca I see it moving more towards witchcraft as a matter of fact.

And do we agree that they all based on interprating the bible?
Old 02-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Occultist

Of course to there own liking and Wicca will do the same there will be hardcore Wiccans then more leaning towards Witchcraft and castings.
interpretation is what we do as humans. we see through our eyes then our minds interprets what we see so we understand it. But much manipulation through Christianity and its off shoots. I dont think Gerald Gardners teachings will ever become fear based.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Chrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
Of course to there own liking and Wicca will do the same there will be hardcore Wiccans then more leaning towards Witchcraft and castings.
interpretation is what we do as humans. we see through our eyes then our minds interprets what we see so we understand it. But much manipulation through Christianity and its off shoots. I dont think Gerald Gardners teachings will ever become fear based.

So what is you point?
Btw you never answed my question. What do you think i misunderstand about skyclaid?
Old 03-12-2011, 02:23 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrode
I agree that Wicca is a new religion but you can't just change a religion what YOU want it to be. Gerald Gardner "created" Wicca therefor it is HES religion and also HES teachings! And yes to become a wiccan you have to believe in the Charges because they are the source to wiccan teaching and practice like a christian believe in the bible and muslim in the quran. It is also therefore you can become a wiccan without initating. Before The Charges came out to the public Wicca was an initatory religion. It is not more BECAUSE of the Charges but still you have to be initated to learn witchcraft or become a preist/preistess.

I understand skyclaid as something you only have to do when you perform witchcraft (in the coven).

You say that Wicca is man maded? Can you prove that? I believe the Charges to be the words of the lord and lady through drawing down the moon.

I don't see Gardner as a god but i see him as the first person in the history who call HIMSELF a witch. He said that he was initated in new forrest coven but no one know how old this coven was. So who initiated the first witch? I believe it to be the Goddess herself.
Gardner might have coined the term "wiccan" but he did not create the religion. We may have called it by different names in the past, or perhaps by no name at all, but that doesn't change what it is. People have practiced wiccan longer than the name has existed, and to say that wiccan didn't exist before Gardner created the term is like saying that someone didn't exist before they changed their name.

"You can call a tiger a kitten, but it won't stop it from eating you." - Brittany Irwin

I used to Fly.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:45 AM
Kristine

Quote:
What are you talking about??

Religions don't changing. It is people who interprate it as it can work in modern society.
Of course a religion can change. Last Sunday the Catholics changed the words in some of their rights (for lack of a better term) as they decided it was a better translation. The religion is beginning to change. Now instead of worshiping god there worshiping the spirit. when it began they only had one “true” god. A month a go I heard many people say “the lord Jesus Christ”, while more said father, son, holey spirit. (which by the way means there worshiping 3 things when the pagans were wrong for worshiping more than one thing)
Sorry, but I kind of wanted the opportunity to say that since last week. It was so cool to say.
I have never met anyone that practiced naked, and Wicca has been referred to as American witch craft and Leland was one of its founders.
I think the main thing is no one knows how much was written on fact or for the sake of selling a book.
Thank you for presenting me the opportunity to say the first paragraph, I hope you find your answer.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Kristine

sorry, i was tired, think the name should have been gardner.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:02 AM
Alchymist

Quote:
It is also therefore you can become a wiccan without initating. Before The Charges came out to the public Wicca was an initatory religion. It is not more BECAUSE of the Charges but still you have to be initated to learn witchcraft or become a preist/preistess.

Chrode, as far as I can tell from your tortured syntax, what you have said there is a flat-out contradiction.

"Skyclad" I understand, but what is "skyclaid"? I've been a Witch for almost 50 years and I've never heard of it.

Alchymist
Old 03-12-2011, 08:35 AM
Master
"Wicca has been referred to as American witch craft"

Kristine, wicca is a "new" version of British Traditional Witchcraft, "invented" by Gerald Gardner [British] by combining bits and pieces from various other orders around a core of Craft.
To set the scene, the last of the Witchcraft Laws had been repealed and Gardner wished to popularise the Old Ways to appeal to a larger audience. But he also wished to get round the suspicions surrounding Witchcraft in many people's minds. So, Voila !, a "new" faith, which in reality was an old faith repackaged - think Coca Cola with a new label The "faith" aspects of Wicca are based on interests held by Gardner plus Nature/Fertility faiths giving a perfectly reasonable belief system - nothing wrong with that. Craft was still included in a revised form and is the part of wicca which many followers tend to downplay.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Chrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe of Wildwood
Gardner might have coined the term "wiccan" but he did not create the religion. We may have called it by different names in the past, or perhaps by no name at all, but that doesn't change what it is. People have practiced wiccan longer than the name has existed, and to say that wiccan didn't exist before Gardner created the term is like saying that someone didn't exist before they changed their name.

"You can call a tiger a kitten, but it won't stop it from eating you." - Brittany Irwin

It have nothing to do what i'm saying...