Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 01-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Gracey

over the holiday, here in the usa, obama singed a law legalizing the slaughter of horses for meat.

duh, lovely already posted that.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:02 PM
mattie

Ok With Eating Horse Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Exactly. Maybe your (lovely) worried that horse meat may become a norm in OUR society? That I can see as being a bit of a shock, because it isnt accepted as much here as it is in other parts of the country

I wouldn't have a problem w/ eating horse meat as far as ethics. Taboos about this are primarily based on emotional issues. Whether I ate it or not personally would depend on whether I liked the taste & texture. They say it's a little gamier than beef, but this might be a plus as beef can often be fairly bland.

Big fish eat small fish. The bear eats the big fish. It's just dinner for the bear.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:05 PM
mattie

What Dishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yassi
It's quite popular in the former USSR countries.

The links I found showed it favored as a delicacy in some European countries. How is it most often eaten in the former USSR countries? Is it like beef in the US where it ranges from tenderloin steaks to all types of ground meat dishes?

So nice to be able to get a first hand account!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely
Okay well I'm doing bad :( About a week ago when I was in the shower and blinked and for the brief
moment I closed my eyes I saw a vision of horses in a slaughter house. As soon as I saw it I knew in
a few decades horses would be added to the list of animals we eat. I brushed it off since my visions
rarely come true. But today I found this ( http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/2011/11/28/jack-kingston-and-the-return-of-horse-meat-plants/?cxntfid=blogs_political_insider_jim_galloway) and now I fear I may have been on to something.
What do you guys think?

It is sad Lovely, thinking of the suffering that will become them if it becomes popular.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:54 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Certain areas eat cats and dogs now... The only reason some find that barbaric is because they have domesticated those animals. In areas where cats and dogs are wild animals they don't think it weird to eat them. In the same way other areas don't think its weird to eat a cow, or chicken. Yet, the Hindus would probably protest to eating a cow.

Google 'Koreans eat dogs' and this will give you an idea as to what kind of treatment those areas (that don't think its weird to eat them) give to the poor animals that are consumed. Google 'Phillipines eat dogs) and see how they abuse them. Did you know that in some areas of Korea (probably most), it is believed that the adrenalin surge before dying enhances flavor, so these animals are strung up and beaten while they hang there. And while you are discussing all of this in a largely unsympathetic manner, consider that living, breathing creatures are suffering tremendously. Google 'horse slaughter' and look at the videos and see what it is that really goes on. If you are going to discuss this issue, then educate yourselves on the truth of it. Not your opinions, or suppositions. At least honor those poor creatures with a real understanding of their suffering.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:58 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie

Big fish eat small fish. The bear eats the big fish. It's just dinner for the bear.

And we are not bears but human beings with the capacity to extend mercy and consideration as we go about the business of spiritual evolution.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
over the holiday, here in the usa, obama singed a law legalizing the slaughter of horses for meat.

duh, lovely already posted that.
Yeah, I guess I'll pass on voting for him again, if only for this reason. I was pretty disgusted in hearing this.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Master
Keep in mind that Mr Obama just signed to postpone a major oil pipeline being built from Canada to Texas which has possible grave environmental issues associated with it.
I know because I was involved.
Just saying, cuz this was a big win for our planet.
James
Old 01-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
Google 'Koreans eat dogs' and this will give you an idea as to what kind of treatment those areas (that don't think its weird to eat them) give to the poor animals that are consumed. Google 'Phillipines eat dogs) and see how they abuse them. Did you know that in some areas of Korea (probably most), it is believed that the adrenalin surge before dying enhances flavor, so these animals are strung up and beaten while they hang there. And while you are discussing all of this in a largely unsympathetic manner, consider that living, breathing creatures are suffering tremendously. Google 'horse slaughter' and look at the videos and see what it is that really goes on. If you are going to discuss this issue, then educate yourselves on the truth of it. Not your opinions, or suppositions. At least honor those poor creatures with a real understanding of their suffering.
I wholeheartedly agree! I have watched numerous documentaries and read horror stories, and it makes me sick. And we are supposed to be human and caring people? HA!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
LOL!

Really, though, tongue, intestines? I don't think anything is off limits. It's kind of sad that people will consider eating dog for example (or horse or whatever) but yet some of these plants that make dog food...nothing is off limits, euthanized animals at shelters? Send them to the dog food companies and every part of the animal goes into the making, including dog colars, metal, plastic, doesn't matter. Maybe that's not too different than some of the economy hotdogs as well...

The primary source of meat for humans was organ meats up uintil the 40s or so. The steak and stuff we eat now was fed to the dogs after being boiled for stock!

The thing is, hotdogs are usually made from unknown things labels as a broad name. So you dont know... LOL

Quote:
Mattie - I wouldn't have a problem w/ eating horse meat as far as ethics. Taboos about this are primarily based on emotional issues. Whether I ate it or not personally would depend on whether I liked the taste & texture. They say it's a little gamier than beef, but this might be a plus as beef can often be fairly bland.

Again, yes. Thats where I was headed with my original post, and reply to you. I was just stating that there is going to be a large number of people thinking of it as a pet, and in that case, I can sympothise with their apathy towards those animals. Debby is right about one thing, the way we treat the animals for food is disgusting, be it cat, dog, corn, wheat, croc, horse or lettuce.

If we treated things with proper respect, I would have no problems eating certain things. Id feel better abotu eating eggs from my own chickens!