Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Raybre80

well I would like to say thank you to psychoslice,

I was forced to believe things I knew were not correct for most of my life....as an adult whos expirianced MANY things emotionally and physically I believe what I beleive because in my heart it is right for me.

I think religion was made by men as a way to control through fear, DONT GET ME WRONG, if you need a religion, a god to get through your days and weeks, to have something to look forward to thats Great! people need pills, drugs, a drink....out of all the things in this world you could be addicted to I guess religion is not so bad a choice...BUT I think some people use it as an excuse, a reason for the things that happen and that they do, a way to not take personal responibility for their actions, a scape goat if you will, its not for me and I have every right to beleive what I want an no one is going to tell me different.
I am not atheist or agnostic, I dont believe there is a god but I dont claim to know for sure...I ALSO dont claim to know whats best for anyone but me....My husbands beliefs are a bit different from mine and my kids are free to learn and grow and make what ever choice they want when they are older....
I am not afraid of death or dying, I find comfort in the fact that when I am gone I am gone, no more worries or stress....death is nothing to be scared of. I dont worry about going to hell or heaven or how I have lived my life.

You guys are so quick to argue that We can believe anything we want but that may not be reality.....yours is? an invisible man in the sky? virgin births? parting of seas? I mean it all seems quite far fetched and its funny to me that I am supposed to accept something like that. religous people are some of the most close minded un accepting people I personally have ever met....but thats just me.

No one knows for sure and you could argue it untill your dying day....the fact remains EVERYONE believes based on faith in something....there are no facts involved.

For me my way of thinking works and makes me happy.....who are you to tell me im wrong? (generally speaking, please dont get all crazy)
Old 25-08-2011, 05:56 PM
de.spin

This is my opinion:

When I refuse to accept this, then I start to believe in something else.
If, for example, I refuse to accept that there is no justice, then I start to believe in a theoretical divine justice.
If, for example, I refuse to accept that this "I" has to go, then I start to believe in an afterlife.

In itself believing happens and there's nothing to do about it.

If belief fades away (that can also happen) then it is a kind of death.

It can be very painful to see that there is no god, no soul, no hope of any kind. There can be a lot of resistance.
Old 25-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Raybre80

Just because you dont believe in god does not mean you have no hope...I think some times not believing in god is seen as hopeless and flighty....

You can have a strong moral compass, be very level headed, know what the bible teaches, you can be grounded in every aspect of your life and still not believe in god.

I actually found hope and happiness when I realized I could think for myself and came to the conclution I did not believe in a god.

And yes, just like you can get different views of the bible from different people because they adjust it to fit them and their lives, people change and learn and shift to what ever fits their lives and makes them the happiest they possibly can be, there is nothing wrong with that....we get one life we should make it the best.
Old 25-08-2011, 06:13 PM
de.spin

When I say there is no hope I don't say there is no happiness
Old 25-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Raybre80

yes but theres hope too
Old 25-08-2011, 07:46 PM
mac

"I actually found hope and happiness when I realized I could think for myself and came to the conclution I did not believe in a god."

Yes I too find it liberating not to be stuck with the conventional image of 'God' or a god....

It matters little what anyone believes because the world and the universes operate in just the way they were designed to without anyone needing to believe anything.....

Having said all that, however, I am totally confident that there's an entity which is the source of all, the source of all of us, an entity from which we all came and of which we're all teeny, tiny fragments....

The shape and the form of that entity I can't picture but it doesn't matter a scrap to me.
Old 25-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Raybre80

****, yes I believe that could be possible...anything is possible
Old 25-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Quester

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raybre80
I think religion was made by men as a way to control through fear

You get that one right
Old 26-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Mind's Eye

I have seen far too much in my life to believe in theories of soul sleep or impersonal energies that just get absorbed like water when a person dies. I used to use phrases in the past like, "I believe..." But then life happens, and events transpire that break down the walls of those beliefs... And then one realizes that most of what man teaches in religion is a very limited idea on things spiritual. I don't mean to step on any toes; but the whole energy of being ideology and "everything is consciousness" school of thought is a modern take on old ideas. It is watered down metaphysics and even stripped down ideas of quantum theory in the spiritual arena.... Both of which have been peeled of many layers in order to fit into the context of a society that has become more materialistic in its beliefs. One could almost call it elevated atheism. However, there is much data that shows that both of these ideas are not entirely the truth... And this says nothing of the experiences many people have had that came out of no where and whacked them in the side of the head. And they did get "whacked" because what they experienced did not line up with their much cherished beliefs.

There is energy in the human being. But that energy is self aware, hence it is called consciousness. And consciousness is not lost or evaporated once the machine called the body stops functioning... YOU are not your body. You are the self aware, consciousness that animated the body and gives it life... It is not the other way around.

Peace
Old 26-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Seperate_Reality

Not bad at all, Mind's Eye! I'm not going to add or take anything away from your statement...I already am aware of a few members in the know here.