Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 02:30 PM
wayfaring

would not all the great thought provoking work he has done be turned away from as people wrestle with the plausabilty of him actually being a diety??

Indeed! This is one of the central problems with orthodox Christianity. Looking at the wide diversity of early Christian writing, it is clear that not everyone thought along the lines of what ended up being orthodox theology: the theology outlined by the ruling bishops at Nicea. There is much good stuff in the words of Jesus (if they are the words of Jesus since they were written after his death and probably not by eyewitnesses). But it is clear that a number of Scripture writers believed in the literal miracles, resurrection and ascension - a view ridiculed not only by opponents but also by some Christians of the time - even when such beliefs were more consistent with the prevailing world view of that time. I find it difficult to escape this literalism in the Bible - but if you can, and can het to the more mystical message underneath, it is indeed interesting. The problem is about escaping old and out of date orthodoxies that worked well in the past but do not derve as well now.

Last edited by wayfaring : 12-01-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Blip

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpatience
....I should have enough faith and trust in God to give him my money(his money) and he will supply my needs .....
SweetPatience Basically their telling you God has the same platform as the Democrats LOL

But seriously
Dreamer summed it up quite well.... In the scripture that you follow, as Dreamer pointed out, Jesus said Love God with all your heart and to Love your neighbor as your self.. he then said "THIS FULLFILLS ALL THE LAW".... there were no refereneces to Fees or Late Charges... Guilt is a Powerfull tool for those that wish to manipulate. And it is hard not to fall prey to, by even the strongest of heart and conviction....

Does God still Love you? How could he not?

Of course the Democrats might not think too highly of you LOL
Old 27-01-2007, 05:55 PM
dark_veil

what I think and this is my opinion, he was a man before his time, wiser than most with the gift of healing, yes indeed he was special, but how do we know what happened really is of truth the bible has been written and rewritten over and over again, I would say take what feels right leave what doesnt and find your own answers

huggs
dark veil
Old 02-02-2007, 06:10 AM
karen

I think i might be part of the minority that believes that there is the Almighty God Jehovah and the Mighty son of God ,Jesus Christ the messiah...2 separate spiritual creatures... one greater than the other.
John 14:28....
28"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Jesus proved himself in the heavens to be the perfect son of God, The one that was particularly fond of mankind.
Proverbs 8:30
30 Then I was the craftsman at his side.
I was filled with delight day after day,
rejoicing always in his presence,
31 rejoicing in his whole world
and delighting in mankind.

He became flesh to show us how to trust in God, how to love and be humble and kind to all, in the flesh, even under the worst of circumstances but being obedient to the spirit that God has given us.
Hebrews 5:8

8Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered

Jesus was obedient in the work of his father to the point of death, showing faith in the power of the resurrection. He didnt just die for us but was persecuted and tortured and he suffered a painful death. I faithfully believe in this, which so many dismiss as a myth or fable, for reasons that have grown from the treasures that can be found in the scriptures that God inspired to be written for us in this time of distress.

As much as the scriptures have altered, the true meaning and theme has stayed constant which in itself is a small miracle to me though probably a minor detail i am sure with Gods power ...lol

I often wonder why the exsistence of Jehovah God and what Jesus Christ did for us , is debated against so often, when the message itself promotes everlasting peace and happiness. The hardest action to take in life apparently is to believe in such an exsistense. It would certainly take a leap of faith for me to acknowledge God without the guidence of his written word but that is not to take anything away from those that can and do.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Deactivated Account
i risk offending but i don't believe jesus was a saviour i do believe he was probably one of the worlds greatest healers/medium and greatly misunderstood
Old 03-02-2007, 12:50 AM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
i risk offending but i don't believe jesus was a saviour i do believe he was probably one of the worlds greatest healers/medium and greatly misunderstood

I tend to agree with you on this Daisy. People tend to ignore the fact that the bible was written about and not by Jesus. And it's those same poeple who claim it was divinely inspired.

John

Last edited by tiltjlp : 03-02-2007 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:56 AM
Deactivated Account
it's nice to know it's not just me that thinks this way john, i did worry about the reaction i would get from posting that.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Charity

I agree with you Daisy, and I am from a strict fundamental Christian background.

When I think of the character Jesus I think of what a human that is completely in touch with the spirit within them is capable of accomplishing. To me it encourages me to seek that "Oneness" with the Creator and to seek to be all that I can be, all that I was meant to be.

Love,
Charity
Old 03-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Deactivated Account
I also believe that although Jesus was a wonderful, very evolved being, he wasn't literally the "Son of God" as Christainity percieves. I believe his message aimed to tell people that we are ALL "sons of God" and can all do what he did, but the message got confused and/or reconstructed over the years. In the book "Conversations with God" it is written that when Jesus said "Follow Me" he didn't mean everyone to be his followers, but to do what he did, namely see ourselves as God and creators/healers. Just my thoughts and I appreciate other people's beliefs.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:18 AM
loveandlightsabre

Angel1 Saul of Tarsus

Otherwise known as the apostle Paul, is about the only link between the first 33 years that Jesus lived in, carrying out all the activities that the Gospel's (the first of which was Mark) describe. However, Saul saw his revelation in a vision on the road from Damascus, and all he saw was the highly symbolic Crucifixion, Resurrection and Ascension, and all of these things happened according to Saul, in the mythical realm. He was totally unaware that his KRST was a 'man' - the concept had never crossed his mind. There was no word in that vision of any of the other myriad events and miracles that had actually happened, at all? There is not one piece of writing from the time, and the Romans kept extensive and detailed records of every going on - they even noted minutia like the number of oranges sold, the number of births, and any arguments between traders of the area. They were very interested in the culture and reported back in explicit detail - and they never once mentiond that the Jews had killed the Son of God - their King? Apart from that, there is not one piece of archaeological evidence - not even of Solomon's mighty temple, actually.

Mark is agreed to be the first gospel (good news), and if we are preposterously generous, if could have been written in c. 75 AD(CE), as it mentions the destruction of temple mount which occurred c. 70 AD(CE). So here is the time line: Jesus lives for 33 years as God then dies...everyone forgets for 4 decades...then everyone remembers the 'good news'.

Jesus is a symbolic figure. He was created. If we just look at the birth story, given the date of the 25th of Dec. In the Northern hemisphere, this marks the time when the Sun is born again. The Sun dies for 3 days, it does not move one degree higher in the horizon and then begins it's rise again on Dec 25th - and this was celebrated for a very long time before 2000AD(CE). It is risen. It is the light of the world.
Closed Thread