Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Time

That is still biblical, im talking "paperwork" or mentioned in historical writings. They used to write down peoples names when they were crucified, and lots of those documents have been found, no jesus, or name like his.
Old 20-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Master
I have read that there are transcripts of one like Jesus during that time in history who visited places like India.
James
Old 20-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Rivendoah

I don't think anyone here is saying Jesus did not exist... we are just saying no one can say for sure that he did... I think you are avoiding the real question here... which is that many walk around saying that what they chose to 'believe' or have 'faith' in is also truth, fact and history... when in reality is simply is not so... the bible may or may not have elements of historic truth or fact... but NO ONE CAN SAY THIS WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY... one way or the other.... it comes down to faith and belief... just like all faiths... Christians are in the same boat as everyone else... wondering if what they believe is truth or just wishful thinking...

And... if jesus did exist and lived and died on the cross... it still does not mean that the way his life has been interpreted is true... most of the NT was put in writing anywhere from 50 to 100 years after his death... and the current bible has been rewritten edited and and interpreted from many different languages... how can you be sure it's meaning has not been changed to suit those who did the writing?

My point is you can't know for sure... which takes us back to faith and belief... not truth... not fact...
Old 20-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Master
If Jesus existed (and I think he did), that alone is not sufficient to suggest that he is the Son of God, or God Incarnate, the Saviour, that he walked on water, turned water into wine, and multiplied bread and fish. By no means does an existing Jesus prove the various faith claims made by the Christian religion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I have read that there are transcripts of one like Jesus during that time in history who visited places like India. James
Christianity spread to Asia in the early middle ages, though it never gained a strong foothold as the existing religions there were already part and parcel of society.
Old 20-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Time

Quote:
If Jesus existed (and I think he did), that alone is not sufficient to suggest that he is the Son of God, or God Incarnate, the Saviour, that he walked on water, turned water into wine, and multiplied bread and fish. By no means does an existing Jesus prove the various faith claims made by the Christian religion.

That what gets me. IF someone did all that stuff, that is MORE then importiant enough to actualy write down, and the odds are the word wouldve spread FAST. Cmon, someone raisigng people from the dead, causing the priests in the temple of jerusalem to apeprantly plot against him, him getting passed around before his jugement by pilate....... walking on water.... That suff you write down THEN. And as far as I know, nothing in any historical text from the proposed time, exsists mentioning these things, unless its soem sort of religious document.
Old 20-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
If Jesus existed (and I think he did), that alone is not sufficient to suggest that he is the Son of God, or God Incarnate, the Saviour, that he walked on water, turned water into wine, and multiplied bread and fish. By no means does an existing Jesus prove the various faith claims made by the Christian religion.Christianity spread to Asia in the early middle ages, though it never gained a strong foothold as the existing religions there were already part and parcel of society.

Yes but what I am talking about is Jesus himself, prior to his ministry in the bible is said to have visited and learned from regions such as India.
Old 20-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Rivendoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Yes but what I am talking about is Jesus himself, prior to his ministry in the bible is said to have visited and learned from regions such as India.

You are correct WS... there is said to be an entire segment of Christ's life that was edited out of the bible... from the age 13 to 30 his life is a mystery... what was he doing all that time? I have read that he traveled east for spiritual enlightenment...

Edit...
I found a link that talks about this part of Christ's life...
http://www.rickrichards.com/jc/Jesus1.html

and here...
http://reluctant-messenger.com/issa.htm
Old 20-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendoah
You are correct WS... there is said to be an entire segment of Christ's life that was edited out of the bible... from the age 13 to 30 his life is a mystery... what was he doing all that time? I have read that he traveled east for spiritual enlightenment...

Edit...
I found a link that talks about this part of Christ's life...
http://www.rickrichards.com/jc/Jesus1.html

and here...
http://reluctant-messenger.com/issa.htm

Yes and the reason I brought it up here is because I believe that transcripts back then in those areas were not taken lightly and they were handed down over the ages.
So at the very least there is that as well as the bible to look at if one wants to make up their own mind as to if he really existed.
Thanks...James
Old 20-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
And... if jesus did exist and lived and died on the cross... it still does not mean that the way his life has been interpreted is true... most of the NT was put in writing anywhere from 50 to 100 years after his death... and the current bible has been rewritten edited and and interpreted from many different languages... how can you be sure it's meaning has not been changed to suit those who did the writing?

and even IF the NT reports Jesus' words accurately a lifted eyebrow or a hand gesture can add or change the literal (and sometimes multiple) meanings of the verbalized words.
Old 20-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Mind's Eye

2 Peter 3: 1- 4

1 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us,[a] the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

It all sounds pretty current to me