Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-01-2024, 12:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I
... that the kingdom of heaven is like this: "Ten virgins took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
Five of them were foolish
and five were wise. The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.

well virgins haven't mated, so, the first part is a comment on the virgins having abstained from something before they even started.

Lamps are about knowledge.

The foolish ones did not take any oil, so they could not light their lamps, so they could not see to meet the bridegroom... i.e. they did not have the knowledge they needed to understand where the kingdom of heaven even was, much less go to meet it...

that says more but still leaves a lot of questions... lol...
Old 22-01-2024, 01:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello.

We may not accept and put into use understanding/teaching available to all simply because that understanding /teaching does not fit in with our personal ambitions. ---not because we do not understand.

i didn't see this before.

I recognized long ago that I have a lot of 'wants' but that the wants inspire me to do all sorts of things to try to attain them. As I went along I would get more and more invested in the wants and thus what I would do... and if anyone challenged me on any of it i would fight back reflexively and not even consider the other point of view as a possibility... and I would hang on for dear life... but meanwhile the things I was doing were blinding me to things that maybe I wanted to know... so I learned, that simply wanting things just to have them isn't always the best course if you want knowledge. Eventually, I started doing more than just fighting things and letting my mind be changed when people said something I hadn't thought of yet...

I've seen a lot of other people get lost in their investment in what they are getting for themselves, and in their own course blind themselves to a greater reality, but how do you tell someone who values that way of life that there is something else maybe of even more value?

I eventually decided, who am I to choose what people want for themselves? If this is what they value, this is what they value...

But nor do I have to value what everyone else values.
Old 22-01-2024, 01:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Certain people are not suitable custodians for anything of great value.
on the other hand I think that what we are talking about is like water... at once so valueable that everything needs it and yet so plentiful as to be without much intrinsic value...

Noone needs to be a custodian for water, and those who try it are just trying to make themselves seem more important than they really are.

I personally think it is the same with the kingdom of heaven.
Old 22-01-2024, 01:51 AM
Master

my take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Why would Jesus not want certain people to understand things?
Ideas?

As explained by others also Jesus does wish that all should understand but is ok if certain people dont understand it . My understanding of reasons are
1. By this 'wise' man have an advantage in the eyes and reckoning of God . While experiencing wisdom itself is a boon in itself , wise people ,may experience God's grace and blessing in material terms also.
2. If we dont really understand , we really may not be 'wise' . We may need to introspect .
3. Many people with relatively lesser conviction and understanding levels always want others corroboration for believing something . They of their own dont understand it and accordingly are not 'wise' . While Jesus is still ok with such people ,he still wishes others to understand the same
4. Certain people like rulers , supposedly highly learned /educated people , very rich people etc may not believe such matters . So while is ok with such people not believing God , he does not wish others who understands it and are wise to follow suit to such unwise people and behave like ignorant people. God being in-dwelling has account of every soul's development and His place in the world. He may deal with such disbeliever in His own unique ways . Such disbelievers may be able to damage other believers and their beliefs if believers ask them to believe .

So not expecting all the understand the parables in the same way is a very practical real way for everyone's development. Even Krishna has said similar thing in Gita chapter 18.
Old 22-01-2024, 02:10 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Even Krishna has said similar thing in Gita chapter 18.
Here is reference verse
Quote:
इदं ते ...|| 67||
meaning
Quote:
This instruction should never be explained to those who are not austere or to those who are not devoted. It should also not be spoken to those who are averse to listening (to spiritual topics), and especially not to those who are envious of Me.(God)
Old 22-01-2024, 07:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn Btw....sky, [/quote
rather than [./quote]...I fixed the dot.
Well I'm not quoting anymore cos that all came from me pressing the 'Quote Button'...
Old 22-01-2024, 08:13 AM
Master
@FallingLeaves.
The word 'Virgin' in Biblical times does not always refer to 'Virginity' it is also used for young women and the unmarried.....
How words and their meanings change over time
Old 22-01-2024, 08:18 AM
Ascender

Hello all.

The kingdom of heaven is revealed when the lamp of love is lit.

Cheers.X.
Old 22-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Master
I guess the problem any spiritual teacher has is how to explain the truth. So parables becomes one of the best ways.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 22-01-2024, 12:08 PM
Master

Molearner re #25

I’ve re posted this as it’s relevant to what you said in #25 above, about the people who are in the middle.

Molearner………. “It is hard to understand for a generation that believes in entitlement.in other words believing that anything of value should be given to all..”

Entitlement? But didn’t God say…… all are equal in the eyes of the Lord? And I believe he also said………..judge not, lest ye be judged.

Molearner……”the spiritual life, in particular, is premised on sacrificing a part of your life to possess a new life……the spiritual will only be open to those who view it as the pearl of great price.”

You also state that people have to sway one way or the other, ie that is humble or proud #25

How can that be the case when there are thousands of people around the world who have had visitations, communications, epiphanies etc from the Holy Spirit/Jesus/Madonna yet they never sacrificed any part of their life and they were neither humble or proud. They were just living a normal life and some where actually at rock bottom when this happened to them. So perhaps people who are “in the middle” don’t need to sway one way or the other that is be humble or proud.