Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-07-2023, 07:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I forgot that one. To me, that is just more evidence some believed in reincarnation in those days. Why else would they be asking people in front of them if they were other people who were not on earth anymore?
I think some of the Disciples were open to the idea,

John 9:1-2 KJV

"And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, "Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?"

If the Man was blind from birth why would they bother asking if he had sinned to cause his blindness. It doesn't make any sense unless they believed that one could sin in a previous life to cause his present affliction. (Karma mybe).....
Old 26-07-2023, 07:51 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
If the Man was blind from birth why would they bother asking if he had sinned to cause his blindness. It doesn't make any sense unless they believed that one could sin in a previous life to cause his present affliction. (Karma mybe).....
Sky,

Probably because of their understanding that the sins of the father can be passed to the next generation……
Old 26-07-2023, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
If the Man was blind from birth why would they bother asking if he had sinned to cause his blindness.
It doesn't make any sense unless they believed that one could sin in a previous life to cause his present affliction. (Karma maybe).....
Of course and Jesus didn't rebuff them, "What? What kind of heresy is this you are asking me?" Nor when was told Jesus they say he is Elijah.
It's pretty obvious they all knew we had other lives.
(I wrote a paper on this 53 years ago before computers! Proving they knew about and referred to Reincarnation in thr Bible.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-07-2023, 05:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky,

Probably because of their understanding that the sins of the father can be passed to the next generation……

But Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him."

Then we have,
Ezekiel 18:20, “The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.”
Old 27-07-2023, 05:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Of course and Jesus didn't rebuff them, "What? What kind of heresy is this you are asking me?"
Nor when was told Jesus they say he is Elijah.
It's pretty obvious they all knew we had other lives
Old 27-07-2023, 06:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
NDE and past life memories? Apart from real life people I know first hand, You Tube is replete with examples, Jeff Mara Podcast is a popular one,
there are many others, then as Miss H has said, Anita Moorjani, plus a well known case is Dr. Eben Alexander and many more.

Thanks for replying Unseeking Seeker:
So, as a resident in India, the source of all mystic, religious and esoteric philosophies you have turned to New Age stories to expound as 'overwhelming evidence'.

Maybe you should take another look around you where the consensus is that what we call reality is purely an illusion.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 27-07-2023, 06:55 AM
Master
@ Busby ~ I’m not seeking to prove any point. You are free to accept or reject any view offered.

I hold both duality and non duality as valid, former immanent, the latter transcendent.

Last edited by Unseeking Seeker : 27-07-2023 at 07:36 AM.
Old 27-07-2023, 02:11 PM
Master

https://www.krishna.com/scientific-p...20gross%20body.

Srila Prabhupada: Just because something is invisible doesn’t mean we can’t know it exists. The subtle body of mind, intelligence, and ego is also invisible to you, but you know that the subtle body is there. We have two kinds of bodies: a gross body of earth, water, fire, air, and ether, and a subtle body of mind, intelligence, and ego. You can see the body of earth, water, and so on, but can you see the subtle body? Can you see the mind? Can you see the intelligence? Yet everyone knows you have a mind and I have a mind.

Srila Prabhupada: Anyway, you accept that the subtle body exists even though you cannot see it. That is my point. Similarly, the soul exists even though you cannot see it. The soul is covered by the subtle and the gross bodies. What is known as death is the annihilation of the gross body. The subtle body remains and carries the soul to a place where he can again grow another material body just suitable for fulfilling the desires of his mind.
Old 27-07-2023, 08:39 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Maybe you could tell us where. The Bible is basically mute about reincarnation….

Molearner, the idea of reincarnation is not believed by the church because it negates the idea of going to hell after death. But the Jews believed in reincarnation and so did Jesus. It is indeed in the new testament. I remember you misquoting me at one point that I did not correct, and regretted it. It remained on my mind and I will take the responsibility of the neglect by making the correction now. Please forgive me for not doing so earlier in the interest of accuracy.

The OT states that the messiah will not come until Elijah re-appears. So when the apostles understood that Jesus was the manifestation of the Messiah, they questioned him about the prophesy.

Mark 9:11-13 And they asked him, saying, Why say the scribes that Elias must first come? And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought. But I say unto you, That Elias is indeed come, and they have done unto him whatsoever they listed, as it is written of him.

The problem with reincarnation is that most people don't remember other lives. One soul is incarnated many times in many realms simultaneously. Most are so identified with the human form that they simply can't believe how expansive the soul is. John the baptist himself denied this because he didn't know at the human level. But there is very little true wisdom at the human level.

The soul is connected at the heart chakra. Those chakras below that are human level. The higher chakras are spirit level. When all the chakras are in alignment, we are at spirit level of wisdom. But first, we must align the human, and the soul to spirit, and when we do, we have created a new creature.

blessings
Z
Old 27-07-2023, 09:49 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza
Molearner, the idea of reincarnation is not believed by the church because it negates the idea of going to hell after death. But the Jews believed in reincarnation and so did Jesus. It is indeed in the new testament. I remember you misquoting me at one point that I did not correct, and regretted it. It remained on my mind and I will take the responsibility of the neglect by making the correction now.
Z
Zastrakoza,

I am sorry that you did not correct me…I have no idea what I said or how you understood it. I either misspoke or you misunderstood. Here is what I have always believed and has 2 verses that indicate the validity of reincarnation….

1. When Jesus asked the disciples “Who do you say that I am ?” He did not chastise or express amazement at their answers. If reincarnation was not factual he would have revealed the truth.

2. “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.” In other words…eternal life. My eternal life did not begin on thr day of my birth. The fundamental church hangs it hat on one verse….something about being appointed one life….while conveniently forgetting the reality of eternal life.

I can understand the position of the church. They wish for you to understand the urgency of the life that you are living. If people understand reincarnation as an escape clause…then eat, drink and be merry can result in a loss of focus on the prize. Now, a reasonable person can question the efficacy of reincarnation. They can fairly ask that if reincarnation works should not the world be getting better and better ?

Just to drive people crazy I could speculate that reincarnation works in reverse order….perhaps it is a return to the Father ? Hahaha people…don’t say that I actually believe….just pretend you are in a think tank….where anything possible can be suggested….:)