Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-03-2023, 06:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uday_Advaita
Hello Starman. Thanks for...
... of them become teachers
Namaskar
Enlightenment is indeed the freedom from suffering. But what they don't tell you, is that it is a temporary state of being. No matter how long it lasts. It is temporary.

Enlightenment is part of the duality game of consciousness aswell. Object/subject.

The nondual cannot be known. It equally exists in the one who suffers as the one who doesn't. That is why before enlightenment comes suffering. And after enlightenment comes suffering.

Knowing this saves one allot of wasted effort.

Everything is already nondual. But since that nonduality cannot be known by consciousness, it doesn't matter what this consciousness does or doesn't. Their experience will be of duality forever. Subject and object. And there is no one and nothing that returns to nonduality. There is nothing there and everything there for anything to know anything. It is the end of all experience. The unknowable.

Therefor, as long as you are consciousness, you will be in duality. And it doesn't matter how enlightened or not you are. It is still in duality. And since you cannot be anything other than consciousness. You will be in duality for all eternity.
Old 08-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Enlightenment ... is a temporary state of being. No matter how long it lasts. It is temporary. ... And since you cannot be anything other than consciousness. You will be in duality for all eternity.
Is this true? These are simply your beliefs, ideas produced within your mind.

When your mind is so full of ideas about enlightenment then where is the space for realisation to happen?

Peace
Old 08-03-2023, 06:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Is this ...
... space for realisation to happen?
Peace
Realisation comes and goes in duality. The absolute cannot happen. It simply is, unknowable. There is no becoming in nonduality. One cannot become nondual. There is no object/subject to know or realise anything therein. Therefor all knowing and realisation are illusion. They are part of the duality and illusion of consciousness, with its object and subject and ever changing and ever relative experience.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Realisation comes and goes in duality. The absolute cannot happen. It simply is, unknowable. There is no becoming in nonduality. One cannot become nondual.
We do not need to become non-dual. Our nature is already non-dual.

The challenge is not about becoming non-dual but about realising that non-duality is always present.

Peace
Old 09-03-2023, 03:58 AM
Master
Quote:
We do not...
... is always present.
Peace
The personal self that attempts to realise the nondual is futile. It is forever unknowable. The more one knows it, the less one knows it.
When all knowing is gone, all there is, is nondual. No one knows it. It is beyond any self. Beyond consciousness.

This is the most sad message I've ever brought about. It is beyond any hope. Beyond any possibility for any realisation to occur.

There is no greater despairity than the seeker of the nondual. It is impossible to realise it. Everything is already it. But there is no outside to it. There is no comparrison possible to become aware of it, or aware at all.

Awareness, to it, is an illusion. A seperation that is not real and can never become real. Forever awareness is illusion. Nothing appearing to be something. It appears as it dissapears.

Awareness to it, has never even existed or become. It literally already doesn't exist right now. That is how meaningless awareness is to the nondual. Infact there is no meaning in the nondual. There is nothing there. And everything. All as one and one as all. Without awareness and never becoming. All becoming and awareness are but illusions, appearances of nothing and nothing appearing. Even the appearance is not real. That is how insubstantial awareness is.
Old 09-03-2023, 06:50 PM
Master

Quote:
There is no greater despairity than the seeker of the nondual. It is impossible to realise it. Everything is already it. But there is no outside to it. There is no comparrison possible to become aware of it, or aware at all.
Is it really impossible to realise non-duality?

Or is it just that you have not realised it and therefore you are claiming that it is impossible to realise non-duality.

Your footer says "Sharing perspective". Unfortunately it often reads as if you believe that your perspective is indisputable truth.

By all means speak from your own perspective and your own experience. But maybe you can stop claiming that this is how it is for everyone.

Your ideas about duality and non-duality are simply your ideas. They do not necessarily reflect the reality of how things are.

Peace
Old 09-03-2023, 09:02 PM
Knower

I think it is easy to confuse those that have had an "experience" of enlightenment with those that exist in that state(turiya) perpetually. In the first, the personalized self gets a glimpse; a moment in time where Truth is perceived. Many of those become teachers. In the other, The personal mortal self has become simply a useful appendage. One is beyond the space/time continuum. Many of those do not even speak.
Old 09-03-2023, 10:06 PM
Master

Quote:
I... Your footer says ...

I think that it is useful to read posters' signatures (footers), to understand where they coming from, to better understand their posts.

It seems a good idea that, from time to time, to also read our own signatures, to remind ourselves our perspectives, and when our perspectives changed, to update our signatures. :)
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 10-03-2023, 01:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I think that it is useful to read posters' signatures (footers), to understand where they coming from, to better understand their posts.
Indeed. All that we can really share are our perspectives, our understanding and our experiences.

And it may be good to sometimes add "This is my belief" or "These teachings state..." to our posts.

I only comment because I feel that Ewwerrin sometimes crosses the boundary into claiming that "This is how it is."

Peace
Old 10-03-2023, 03:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Is it really...
... things are.
Peace
sry my bad. I dont mean to speak for anyone. I cannot even find my own identity, thats how confused I am.