Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-05-2023, 08:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattieHowker
Emotions don't come from a 'body'.
Mine come from my brain which is part of my body ....
Old 19-05-2023, 10:35 AM
Master

Tattyhowler you state……..to answer your question, emotions are responses to external stimuli. For the sake of simplicity. You see something sad on the TV and you cry, someone rips you off and you get angry.

I don’t feel emotions are only attached to external stimuli. Sometimes we think of something in our mind and we can have an emotional reaction to that, which is an internal stimuli.
Old 19-05-2023, 10:54 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Mine come from my brain which is part of my body ....
Yours - nor mine - don't come from an 'emotional' body. Different context.
Old 19-05-2023, 10:55 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Tattyhowler you state……..to answer your question, emotions are responses to external stimuli. For the sake of simplicity. You see something sad on the TV and you cry, someone rips you off and you get angry.

I don’t feel emotions are only attached to external stimuli. Sometimes we think of something in our mind and we can have an emotional reaction to that, which is an internal stimuli.
Where did that 'something' come from originally?
Old 19-05-2023, 02:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Yours - nor mine - don't come from an 'emotional' body. Different context.
I actually said 'my' emotions come from 'my' brain which is part of 'my' body.....
Old 19-05-2023, 02:15 PM
Master

Tattyhowler……….Where did that 'something' come from originally?

Well here is just an example.

Some one woke up with an idea for a new invention which has never been seen before and would in turn cause an excited emotion thru out the body.

OR

Someone was trying to think of a better way to do something that has never been tried before and then “click” all of a sudden they have an idea that will work, another emotion of anticipation and excitement.

Mozart woke up from his sleep with an original idea for a whole symphony no doubt producing much emotion.

It does seem to indicate that they were original thoughts and don’t seem to have come from external sources.
Old 19-05-2023, 02:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Where did that 'something' come from originally?
Internal/external.......
Old 19-05-2023, 08:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Some one woke up with an idea for a new invention which has never been seen before and would in turn cause an excited emotion thru out the body.... Mozart woke up from his sleep with an original idea for a whole symphony no doubt producing much emotion. It does seem to indicate that they were original thoughts and don’t seem to have come from external sources.
This is potentially a whole new discussion.

Various sources suggest that while the body sleeps we are pursuing our interests in the astral realms, and so a composer may produce a piece of work during sleep which is then transmitted to ordinary consciousness on awakening.

The same sources state that there are scientists at work on the subtle planes trying to convey ideas to physical humanity, often during sleep. Hence the phenomenon where two or more people in different parts of the world come up with the same invention at the same time.

For example, we accept that Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone. What that means is that he applied for a patent first. What is less well known is that a Professor Elisha Gray applied for a patent for the telephone on the same day in 1876 but his application was after Bell's. So Bell got the credit. Perhaps they were both influenced in their sleep by the ideas of non-physical scientists.

Which is all interesting but maybe not relevant to this discussion.

Peace
Old 20-05-2023, 05:23 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Some one woke up with an idea for a new invention which has never been seen before and would in turn cause an excited emotion thru out the body..
You excitement is arousal, is arousal an emotion?
Old 20-05-2023, 05:54 AM
Master

TattyHowler.

Yes I would say arousal is an emotion.

I googled the meaning, just for my own personal benefit and it stated: Arousal is a state in which you feel excited.

So I guess excitement must be an emotion.