Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 02-02-2022, 02:37 AM
Master
In a group sitting: Does everybody see Spirits looking the same way? Do some people see Spirit in color and do others see only in black and white? Do some people see Spirits in color and other times in black and white?

And..... how many have never seen a Spirit(s)?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-02-2022, 02:15 PM
Administrator
Not everyone that sits in a group setting are mediums. so No not everyone will see spirit.
I remember i went with a friend to see a medium i only went as a support. I ended up giving the medium a reading, right at the side of him i saw an arch with roses all around it, there was spirit standing there smiling at me with a Bayonet over his shoulder. he had a uniform on and a tin helmet.
when i described him he said that was my older brother.
He then showed me a photograph of his brother it was taken just before he went to war.

Namaste
Old 02-02-2022, 03:24 PM
Master
I used to go to a group sitting and people afterwards would speak of the Auras some people saw. I would also see the Auras. The difference was: the other's only saw in their 'mind's eye' whereas I saw with my physical eyes. They spoke as if they were physically seeing the Auras but they weren't. Because of that, I opened up to them and told them I see Auras: physically. They claimed that could not be true and that I had some sort of 'mental disorder'. LOL!

I suspect the same might be true of Spirits.

Something I did find interesting is that movies in the West portray Ghost one way while in the East, Ghost are portrayed differently which suggest to me that what Ghost look like might be generated by the 'believer' as opposed to how they really are.

The same might be true of Spirits.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:57 AM
Deactivated Account
The energy of a person's aura isn't found in the visible spectrum else many more would be seeing the auras of their human companions.

Those able to discern auras aren't using their physical eyes to do it even though it may feel to some like they are. I'm not qualified to explain what mechanism is in use but it's outside the normal range of perception used by probably most of us in our everyday lives.

It's understandable if those who see spirit individuals and physical individuals as if they are in the same dimension sometimes find it confusing. Such sensitivity may be the precursor of mediumship or it may simply remain as that - psychic sensitivity. Psychic sensitivity that may not be helpful and may even be very troubling.

I have no idea why this happens or whether there is any significant value in having such an attribute.
Old 03-02-2022, 03:08 AM
Master
Some people can see in pitch darkness. How is that possible?

If some people can see in pitch darkness and if they can physially see Auras with their physial eyes, could it be valid and is it something some are refusing to contemplate let alone investigate?

Old 03-02-2022, 03:16 AM
Deactivated Account
I'll just stick to what I know and understand.
Old 03-02-2022, 09:50 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Some people can see in pitch darkness. How is that possible?
I have night vision that I was trained to use in the forces, but most people have it. Most people's eyes can adjust to darkness after a while but it does take a little 'brain training', I'd guess the brain would need 'training' to process the information it receives. My wife used to physically see auras before she had a stroke. what you physically see of the world isn't the world, the raw unprocessed image is a projection onto the back of your eyeball. It's flat and concave, and the brain sends three parts of the image to three different parts of the brain for processing.

The brain is also quite capable of conjuring up visions and seeing them as very real, as many people with certain mental health issues will tell you. Sometimes these are created from the unconscious in much the same way dreams are - and no, we don't need to be asleep. There is always 'something' coming from your unconscious and into your conscious, it's where thoughts and beliefs come from.
Old 03-02-2022, 03:54 PM
Master
Interesting comment.

Your last sentence was what I was looking for.

If 10 people in a room sees a Spirit, do they all see the same 'Spirit'? For example, they all see a Spirit that is 6 feet tall, weighs about 220 pounds, wearing a red flannel shirt, brown pants and combat boots? Or is it that the 10 people see a Spirit but the description each persons renders is completely different from what the others see? If the 'Spirit' is different for all 10 people, then I suspect they did not see a Spirit but what they saw probably was something they created in their own 'mind', etc.

On the other hand, if a person is in pitch darkness and able to move around in the darkness safely, I would say they can see in the darkness like you mentioned that you can.

I once was in a cave that the Federal Government claims is the largest Crystal Cave in the USA. In order to go in the cave, you had to go get a permit and then the key to the cave. After journeying through a canyon, you have to climb a small mountain where you have to use the key to open the metal door. Once inside the cave, you have to close the metal door and lock it. There are no lights inside the cave. As you wind yourself down into the bowels of the cave, it is pitch dark except for the flashlights you bring with you. Once we turned out the lights, we could still see and maneuver about. Incidentally, near us was a 25 foot drop off.

Some of this borders on synesthesia.

Last edited by BigJohn : 03-02-2022 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-02-2022, 07:42 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If 10 people in a room sees a Spirit, do they all see the same 'Spirit'?
What colour is consciousness? Because to some that's what Spirit is. If Spirit is energy and we need to light to be reflected, so how dense is Spirit if we can physically see it/him/her? Does anyone really know Spirit's 'true form'?

I know Spirit can appear to be in two places at once because I've been in a chatroom with another medium who was convinced the Spirit was with her too, and she looked the same to both of us. I've also sat with three other mediums who have either described the same person or agreed, so there is a common 'vision'. Somewhere along the line, what the Spirit 'transmits' is received by the medium and when four people see the same Spirit - I'm clairsentient so I don't 'see' as such - they're not conjuring up individual images. Although what they receive will end up in their minds and become a 'picture'/likeness.

Personally I think mediumship is more about the quantum-capable microtubules in the brain, which would put Spirit in a perfect place to stimulate them.

'Regular' dreams are the unconscious 'sending information' to the conscious mind of what it's processing at the time - think of dream interpretations and you'll get the idea. The unconscious uses a more 'pure' consciousness that the mind simply can't deal with, so there's a 'translation' for the conscious. The dreams are representations, in the way how we 'see' Spirit is a representation of the Spirit. Sometimes how we 'see' Spirit - being a different age is common - is more representative or a massage than literal.

Given the right circumstances I'd say most would be surprised at how well they can see in the dark. Maybe we just don't practice it so often, or we never really venture that far from a light source.

There are certain areas of the brain that have more than one 'job'. Spirituality and schizophrenia light up the same areas of the brain, as does hand-eye coordination and dyslexia. We had a dyslexic who improved because we threw beanbags at him, and luckily he wasn't as bad as the dyslexic pimp that bought a warehouse. Considering the complexity of the brain and how much data is flying around at any given moment it's not surprising that some of it goes astray.
Old 04-02-2022, 04:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade

EXCERPT

Personally I think mediumship is more about the quantum-capable microtubules in the brain, which would put Spirit in a perfect place to stimulate them.

Interesting thought.
There is the possibility the current 'models' as to what Spirit(s) is/are are all wrong. Even the concept of Spirit might even be wrong. For me, it is nice to see others bring 'new thought' into the discussion.