Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-01-2022, 09:04 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
And each moment is a new moment/beginning
Ah yes, probably, I'm not there yet :)
But I know incredible things happen in that very Now.
Old 29-01-2022, 09:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Altair,

The Bible frequently uses ‘sleep’ as a metaphor for what we call death. The resurrection is understood as the process of awakening. Matthew 9:18…the ruler said….”My daughter has just died” it was apparent to all….continuing v. 24…Jesus says…”The girl is not dead but asleep. But they laughed at him.”

Maybe she was really sleeping but they thought she was dead.
Also,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premature_burial
Old 29-01-2022, 09:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Altair,

The distinction is clearly made in Hebrews 4:12….”dividing soul and spirit”….2 distinct things. In the Bible spirit is understood as incorruptible….it comes from God. The soul is understood as corruptible….re ‘the soul that sins’ and 1 Peter 1:22 speaks of ‘purifying the soul’. Nowhere can one find reference to purifying the Spirit of God.

Okay, clear.
Old 29-01-2022, 12:15 PM
ImthatIm

Is the soul immortal ? Yes or no……:).???????????????
In this dimension?????
Old 29-01-2022, 12:36 PM
Master
Quote:

What I or anyone thinks is simply a product of imagination.

How wonderful is the ability to imagine, to go beyond the senses. It become possible for us to think outside the confines/bondages of our present perceptual reality. Sometimes ' Stepping outside of the box ' we build around ourselves we can open the door to countless possibilities....
Old 29-01-2022, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
I think there's millions of Jesuses.
Here's one with a classical style: https://www.youtube.com/c/Estastonne/videos

I watched a video of the Dalai Lama, and he said they did an experiment with one of his meditation masters. The master can put himself in a state where science says: this man is dead. But then he "comes back to life".

I would say this man in the vid has Christ-like consciousness, however is not THE Christ.

Jesus resurrected Lazarus, and he was dead for what was it, 3 days. He reeked of death and Jesus wept at his tomb it is said, death one day will be no more.
Old 29-01-2022, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
I would say this man in the vid has Christ-like consciousness, however is not THE Christ.
Is Christ consciousness confined to a single person ? (Christ )
Old 29-01-2022, 03:47 PM
Molearner

When speaking of the soul we should be thoughtful in the way we conceive of it. In truth perhaps we should think that a person does not have a soul but is a soul. Once again intuitively we know this…when we speak of another ‘soul’ we are thinking of the entire person…not just some visualization of a body.
Old 29-01-2022, 04:58 PM
Master
Quote:
When speaking of the soul we should be thoughtful in the way we conceive of it. In truth perhaps we should think that a person does not have a soul but is a soul.

I personally do not believe that I have a soul, never have since my childhood.... I remember asking in a Religious Instructions class 'What is a soul' I'm still waiting for the answer
Old 29-01-2022, 10:04 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
I personally do not believe that I have a soul, never have since my childhood.... I remember asking in a Religious Instructions class 'What is a soul' I'm still waiting for the answer

Sky,

No one even offered an answer ? Or you rejected their explanations ?