Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 23-04-2020, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moongirl33
You then get it. There is only ONE.
Yes, BUT...

... the ONE can only live ('live' = relationally 'dance' and 'sing' and 'love' and 'enjoy' Life and Living) as MANY! Otherwise IT would just be a NON-Dualistic couch-potato BLOB!
Old 23-04-2020, 03:50 PM
Master

memory in re-incarnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
There being the possibility of the immortality of a soul does not automatically mean that we reincarnate, or that we 'choose' to live in this or that place or with this or that limitation. The topic of the existence of a soul is a different one from reincarnation and again a different one from choosing specific circumstances pre-birth.

Having said that, I do not find the answer a logical one, although I appreciate the conversation..

It seems our attempt, like any other, to explain inequality. This is what we've done for thousands of years. We feel there must be a justification from the heavens why one person has this limitation and another one has not, and why we 'suffer'. We came up with the Fall from Paradise, ideas on karma, and pre-birth choice and picking lessons. Yet all three rest on belief. Why should I believe in any of them?

Human being is made of spirit (Soul) and matter (body ) . So there are spiritual qualities like bravery , chivalry , stinginess , charitable , benevolent , alert , intelligent/sharp , persistent , patience ,fearlessness so on and so forth . These qualities developed or spoiled stays with spirit in his/her next birth .Now there are certain material qualities like body , physical beauty ,height , weight etc . Matter being transient changes form and these material qualities gets lost with death . Now memory too has spiritual dimension and material dimension . Spiritual is that how fast & efficient it retrieves from sub-conscious . This spiritual attribute remains with soul even in next birth. However actual sub-conscious - the storage of all events / facts/ persons in current life is physically stored in brain cells . Brain cells being matter , gets destroyed with the body when person dies . So in next birth despite having great memory, the person has nothing retrieve from.

Now coming to how people may be re-collecting past life ? Personally I don't have any memory my past life . And I feel with above reality the chances of many people having past life memory just does not appear to be in consonance with sciences . However if the person's memory in current life is intensively associated with a place/person /event that can get triggered in next life when the same place/person/event comes in front of them (Spiritual attribute of memory getting external material trigger in present life other than brain cells of past life) , they can have some associations of past life .

Also I feel exceptionally spiritual person may with Grace of God can know it . But I would consider that an exception than a rule (just like all metal are solid except mercury which is liquid) .

Hope my explanation helps u .

Last edited by HITESH SHAH : 23-04-2020 at 06:34 PM.
Old 24-04-2020, 04:35 PM
Knower
Quote:
Also I feel exceptionally spiritual person may with Grace of God can know it . But I would consider that an exception than a rule

I concur. I had a little entity explain to me once that our lives serve the purpose of evolving through any number of particular experiences, or combination thereof as we move through the realm of infinite possibility.

I was told that as each time we "return" to physicalness, there are a myriad conditions that contribute to our "unique" & "intimate" experience in that moment - not every case of soul development may occur in optimal conditions - one may not have an "ideal" level of parenting, or "bio-social" conditioning, for instance.

In previous lives, we may have met a particular and necessary challenge under these "less than optimal conditions". To have done so, may have had a lot to do with particular sacrifices, or with a "lesser evil" being a better situation than a "greater evil" under any given situation.

For these reasons, we not only "can't" - but we "shouldn't" - have past life recollection.

The simple explanation is that one may have had to deal with a profound amount of guilt (for instance) in the earlier state of the evolution of their soul. In reflecting (as in "realizing a past life while in a current one), certain stimulus may lead us to believe that a current, but similar situation requires our "experience" of it all over again - in order to remove a burden of guilt (for instance) - or to better "perfect" something that had already happened in a previous life (for instance) under these less than ideal circumstances.

The end result becomes a "de-evolution" (no offense to certain contributors here ) as opposed to a "forward-progressing" one. A less than "fully evolved" soul may become confused in their current life expression with the "partial past life knowledge" that is typical for those who can associate to having a past life (of their own) at all.
written in the : "Chamber of Eternity"
witnessed by : "Alpha & Omega"
Old 24-04-2020, 05:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Viskey
I concur. I had a little entity explain to me once that our lives serve the purpose of evolving through any number of particular experiences, or combination thereof as we move through the realm of infinite possibility.

I was told that as each time we "return" to physicalness, there are a myriad conditions that contribute to our "unique" & "intimate" experience in that moment - not every case of soul development may occur in optimal conditions - one may not have an "ideal" level of parenting, or "bio-social" conditioning, for instance.

In previous lives, we may have met a particular and necessary challenge under these "less than optimal conditions". To have done so, may have had a lot to do with particular sacrifices, or with a "lesser evil" being a better situation than a "greater evil" under any given situation.

For these reasons, we not only "can't" - but we "shouldn't" - have past life recollection.

The simple explanation is that one may have had to deal with a profound amount of guilt (for instance) in the earlier state of the evolution of their soul. In reflecting (as in "realizing a past life while in a current one), certain stimulus may lead us to believe that a current, but similar situation requires our "experience" of it all over again - in order to remove a burden of guilt (for instance) - or to better "perfect" something that had already happened in a previous life (for instance) under these less than ideal circumstances.

The end result becomes a "de-evolution" (no offense to certain contributors here ) as opposed to a "forward-progressing" one. A less than "fully evolved" soul may become confused in their current life expression with the "partial past life knowledge" that is typical for those who can associate to having a past life (of their own) at all.
What you say ring-a-ding-dings many of my bells, LV.
Old 24-04-2020, 05:29 PM
Knower
Well; as they say : "...we should get up and face each day with our bells on..."
Old 24-04-2020, 06:03 PM
Master

Hi LV ,
Very true. There are ample reasons why past life memory has not been granted. It is to make our life in present world pleasant and let us concentrate life in present world better . The same people should not waste too much time discussing after life in present world . The importance of believe in after-life and past-life is in what to do in present life and not just discussing/arguing about it.

Last edited by HITESH SHAH : 25-04-2020 at 02:19 AM.
Old 24-04-2020, 06:49 PM
Knower
And yet, most people retain a penchant for having “preoccupations”. I suspect this has a lot to do with exercising one’s “creative imagination” for the purpose of relating to reality - or to remind oneself as to how they should relate to it -while existing in the absence of “access” to the “pure divinity” within.
Old 24-04-2020, 09:50 PM
Master
Quote:
And yet, most people retain a penchant for having “preoccupations”. I suspect this has a lot to do with exercising one’s “creative imagination” for the purpose of relating to reality - or to remind oneself as to how they should relate to it -while existing in the absence of “access” to the “pure divinity” within.
Concurrring witchoo both, HS and LV - from my treatise: "Even though reincarnation and post-incarnation related information may be of considerable orientational value (which is the reason why I have collated and presented so much of it here), I reiterate my earlier caution to psychospiritually oriented teachers and students not to get caught up in extensive speculation and talk about such matters. In a great many cases, such activity is little more than pretentious, ‘I am concerned with and involved in exploring matters of great importance’ grandstanding which distracts self‑absorbed folks and gives them cover and excuse for not attentively focusing on, thinking about and creatively discharging their response-abilities in relation to what are consequently (mistakenly!) regarded as being less important personal and interpersonal goings on in the context of their current situational lives. It is therefore really (always, in my opinion) most important that you maintain awareness of and make decisions on the basis of the fact that your soul is a mind-n-spirit ‘spring’ through which Life Itself continually ‘streams’ and that the potential and venue for you to engage in psychospiritually sustaining and augmenting experiences and expressions of Love and Joy in relation to and with others is ubiquitously present and always available to be tapped into at any given point, should you wish and choose to do so. This, no matter what your past history and future prospects may be, reincarnationally or otherwise. This is also true in everyone else’s case, of course."
Old 25-04-2020, 05:22 PM
Knower
Quote:
'I am concerned with and involved in exploring matters of great importance'
... as am I, but if this post fits the description of "grandstanding", than a potential stalemate is about to ensue in the "public flow" of intelligent conversation, and most explicitly just because either you or I chose to give a moment's attention to something I did not see was there a few posts ago.

Personally, I thought that everyone here was "...creatively discharging their response-abilities..."

But, in feeling the need to address your "cautions", I don't quite get why there should be so much "caution" regarding "psychospiritually oriented teachers and students" to "not get caught up in extensive speculation and talk about such matters".

There are plenty of Bible thumpers that speculate on everything Biblical. To them, it is not so much a matter of pretentiousness as it is their manner for "getting closer" to the divinity they understand best. True, many folks come across as pretentious and arrogant in how they speak, but I believe that if the listener is truly focusing on "what" is said, rather than upon the "manner" in which it is said (the basic hazard in a venue such as this), a lot of knowledge can move from one soul's "mind-n-spirit" to another's "mind-n-spirit" anyway.

So, did my term "Bible thumper" get your attention, more than the context in which it was used ? If so, whose deficiency is it ? The one with the "poor choice of words" (intending to make a point not related at all to the terminology used), or the one that found no meaning in "getting closer to their divinity" because they were preoccupied with word "usage" ?

The unique thing about Love is that it allows us to bypass and overlook many things insignificant or inadequate in others. The unique thing about Joy is the ability to celebrate a diverse world of things being expressed - whether they come across as insignificant, inadequate, "pretentious," or not.

At any rate, back to the topic of "Should We Know Or Not?", though three of us just agreed on "whether" to know or not, I'm also curious about who thinks "external influences" have anything to do with it (as opposed to "internal brain chemistry").
Old 25-04-2020, 08:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Personally, I thought that everyone here was "...creatively discharging their response-abilities..."
Not those who don't recognize the response-abilties that they do have, and even among those who do, there are those who either out of laziness or some other kind of 'perversity' don't creatively discharge them. Apparently, you and I think differently in this regard.

Quote:
But, in feeling the need to address your "cautions", I don't quite get why there should be so much "caution" regarding "psychospiritually oriented teachers and students" to "not get caught up in extensive speculation and talk about such matters".
The temptations of 'spiritual egotism'. Google the term for additional perspective.

Quote:
There are plenty of Bible thumpers that speculate on everything Biblical. To them, it is not so much a matter of pretentiousness as it is their manner for "getting closer" to the divinity they understand best. True, many folks come across as pretentious and arrogant in how they speak, but I believe that if the listener is truly focusing on "what" is said, rather than upon the "manner" in which it is said (the basic hazard in a venue such as this), a lot of knowledge can move from one soul's "mind-n-spirit" to another's "mind-n-spirit" anyway.

So, did my term "Bible thumper" get your attention, more than the context in which it was used ? If so, whose deficiency is it ? The one with the "poor choice of words" (intending to make a point not related at all to the terminology used), or the one that found no meaning in "getting closer to their divinity" because they were preoccupied with word "usage" ?

The unique thing about Love is that it allows us to bypass and overlook many things insignificant or inadequate in others. The unique thing about Joy is the ability to celebrate a diverse world of things being expressed - whether they come across as insignificant, inadequate, "pretentious," or not.
Clearly, I choose not to "overlook" all of things that you choose to - when and as I think and feel they diminish the quality of Love and Joy experienced and expressed in relation to and with others. I agree with what you say about the potential for info to 'move' from one soul's mind-n-spirit constellation to anothers' if they are open to its doing so in any case, nevertheless.

BTW, the fact someone quotes and interprets passages from the Bible doesn't necessarily mean that said one is the 'same' as all those you classify as "Bible Thumpers".

Quote:
At any rate, back to the topic of "Should We Know Or Not?", though three of us just agreed on "whether" to know or not, I'm also curious about who thinks "external influences" have anything to do with it (as opposed to "internal brain chemistry").
It is my understanding that we are all psychically connected in the moment as well as across time, which means (quoting from my book - does that make me a "book thumper" in your eyes, I wonder? ):

"The nature of such influence is well illustrated by studies of genetically identical twins reared apart, having been adopted into separate families. More so even than twins reared together, who consciously choose to differentiate in ways, separated twins develop parallel interests and make similar choices, quite uncannily. This is because, like open-channel, two-way radios, though objectively unaware of the process, each is telepathically tuned into the other’s thought and feeling energies. Likewise, just with degree varying according to constitutional kinship and emotional receptivity, everyone is psychospiritually affected by every other in Life’s vibrant stream.b Whether or not immediately adjacent to and, therefore, sensorially interactive with particular others at any given point, we are all partners in the same dance—at all times intertwined and co‑involved with everyone else, ‘inwardly’.

The ramifications of this truth are endless, and more potent than most people realize. Among others things, it results in individuals subconsciously picking up and carrying on traits and tendencies characteristic of others in their biogenic community ...
[by implication, this last statement also referentially applies the 'pantheon' of their soul's reincarnational identities].