Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-04-2019, 07:10 PM
bartholomew

Me too. Seems like every day I mess up and then get corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
And a peaceful heart.

I stand corrected - thank you again, James.

JL
Old 07-04-2019, 08:09 PM
janielee

You are too kind...

Thank you
Old 10-04-2019, 07:39 PM
Master
Jesus does smile, Jesus has a great sense of humour!
Years ago I was getting into my healing and was out and about and saw a placard, one of those simple constructions of plywood or somesuch, advertising a healing session so I thought okay, I'll have a go.
So I went up the stairs and asked about it to which the reply was that the were Christian faith healers and I was welcome. This, initially, kinda put me off, not necessarily in the sense of fear, though there was a little of this, but that they, the Christians having somewhat misunderstood the Christ, the essence of the teaching, aren't often very good at these things but then I thought nothing lost nothing gained so I sat down and waited my turn.
Eventually I was called up and led into a little alcove where I was asked to close my eyes and they started praying and moved their hands over me... nothing seemed to transpire so I thought I'd help them out and go into quiet, meditate as it were, and see if that helped.
Funnily enough Jesus actually appeared, a big smile on his face, and said 'Now you know what I have to work with!' which I found hilarious, it was absolutely so on the mark, so dry yet dripping in consequence. It was really hard to not just start laughing out loud but I kinda managed to contain it and somewhat turn it into the energy we were all trying to feel.
So whilst Jesus, himself as an identity, is somewhat long gone, long spent as the original carrier of such, it seems the archetype is indeed useful within certain contexts!
I love Cosmic Humour, it's absolutely one of my favourite things, when nature and reality conspire, as it were, break open the veils, and some absolutely beautiful little set of connections comes together and we are reminded, right down to our bones... that it's all about fun!
Old 10-04-2019, 08:33 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
Years ago I was getting into my healing and was out and about and saw a placard, one of those simple constructions of plywood or somesuch, advertising a healing session so I thought okay, I'll have a go.
So I went up the stairs and asked about it to which the reply was that the were Christian faith healers and I was welcome. This, initially, kinda put me off, not necessarily in the sense of fear, though there was a little of this, but that they, the Christians having somewhat misunderstood the Christ, the essence of the teaching, aren't often very good at these things but then I thought nothing lost nothing gained so I sat down and waited my turn.
Eventually I was called up and led into a little alcove where I was asked to close my eyes and they started praying and moved their hands over me... nothing seemed to transpire so I thought I'd help them out and go into quiet, meditate as it were, and see if that helped.
Funnily enough Jesus actually appeared, a big smile on his face, and said 'Now you know what I have to work with!' which I found hilarious, it was absolutely so on the mark, so dry yet dripping in consequence. It was really hard to not just start laughing out loud but I kinda managed to contain it and somewhat turn it into the energy we were all trying to feel.
So whilst Jesus, himself as an identity, is somewhat long gone, long spent as the original carrier of such, it seems the archetype is indeed useful within certain contexts!
I love Cosmic Humour, it's absolutely one of my favourite things, when nature and reality conspire, as it were, break open the veils, and some absolutely beautiful little set of connections comes together and we are reminded, right down to our bones... that it's all about fun!

Thanks for the story, Mr Interesting.

One of the first things I learned when I met some Buddhist adepts and later, other spiritual friends, is the smile they have. The lightness, the happiness.

JL
Old 10-04-2019, 09:54 PM
bartholomew

Thanks for the interesting reply. The manner of appearance is dependent, in part, on which sub plane which is accessed. Virtually all appearances of holy ones that are experienced by men and women in the physical are in the upper astral because most of us here on Earth have easy access to that plane. Higher though (higher correspondence) above where we normally can see the emotional depictions are transcended by another. This, when we sense it from where we are, is sometimes called "compassion" even though the word seems to invoke some emotional basis. I want to say that there is nothing at all limiting about the astral. It is a landscape filled with wonders indeed. When a man in the astral dreams though he shifts up to the next plane (dimension or density). Here such things as emotion are only a memory. It is right and proper that we here on Earth should refer to astral phenomena in matters of spirituality because this, after all, is our heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
Old 10-04-2019, 10:12 PM
janielee

bartholomew,

Do you consider compassion to be the real beingness of the higher levels?

JL

PS are you receiving messages?
Old 10-04-2019, 10:54 PM
bartholomew

Beginning? I don't know. I do think that at the center point between sadness and joy, the null point, we will find a door beyond which is some higher correspondence of love. For want of a better word I call this compassion. Is it the beginning? Each beginning is preceded by the recognition of a doorway, a portal. I think it's likely we don't recognize such things until sometimes long after. In the meanwhile it helps to exchange ideas. Regarding "truths" each of us has his or her own and they are fluid, subject to changes as our ability to see is increased. This, I am sure, is why there is so much discord in the world.

There is room in my PM inbox now.

Quote:
bartholomew,

JL

PS are you receiving messages?
Old 10-04-2019, 11:05 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
Beginning? I don't know. I do think that at the center point between sadness and joy, the null point, we will find a door beyond which is some higher correspondence of love. For want of a better word I call this compassion. Is it the beginning? Each beginning is preceded by the recognition of a doorway, a portal. I think it's likely we don't recognize such things until sometimes long after. In the meanwhile it helps to exchange ideas. Regarding "truths" each of us has his or her own and they are fluid, subject to changes as our ability to see is increased. This, I am sure, is why there is so much discord in the world.

There is room in my PM inbox now.

Hi James

I meant "being"-ness.

I think (believe) that in compassion there is peace of mind, and a peaceful mind is happy.

Re: Truth, yes, when it comes to this field, it is what each person has experienced and is capable of intuiting. I suspect the discord is more to do with the fight of the ego. John32241 and others on this forum are examples of people who don't engage in such games because they see beyond it and are not at the whim of the intellect/ego only.

Thank you again - message coming.

JL
Old 10-04-2019, 11:32 PM
Angel1

Quote:
What an astute question?
Excellent. Thank you.
Compassion being a spin off of Love.... manifested or expressed...as forgiveness, patience, kindness and charity, also.
The Beingness....the Frequency of Higher Levels....yes.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-04-2019, 12:55 AM
bartholomew

In your use of the phrase "peace of mind" I immediately think of the spiritual silence which corresponds to mindfullness. Certainly this is an attribute which results in the realization of a doorway beyond which a higher definition of the idea of compassion might be available. If you find it let me know please.

Quote:
Hi James

I meant "being"-ness.

I think (believe) that in compassion there is peace of mind, and a peaceful mind is happy.

Re: Truth, yes, when it comes to this field, it is what each person has experienced and is capable of intuiting. I suspect the discord is more to do with the fight of the ego. John32241 and others on this forum are examples of people who don't engage in such games because they see beyond it and are not at the whim of the intellect/ego only.

Thank you again - message coming.

JL