Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 21-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
In response to the original question and the "running for the hills" idea...

If someone told me I was their soulmate, I would ask them what they expect from a soulmate. The only acceptable answer for me is "Be yourself." If their answer is anything other than that, I would definitely run for the hills fast enough to have coffee and cookies ready for PsychoSlice and Gem when they get there.

Agreed, well said. But then they wouldn't be for real anyhow....
Cheers!
Old 21-02-2011, 08:10 PM
DulcePoetica

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Agreed, well said. But then they wouldn't be for real anyhow....
Cheers!
Yeah, right? Certain things should go without saying. :)
Old 21-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Krystalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
LOL...glad you included the "inside part"...listen sama-sama, if you truly loved her as many of these ppl describe, you'd feel overwhelmed that she was hot on top of the fact that you loved her heart and soul...because (yes, it's true) you'd realise that you want to be with her regardless...OMG...what the h*ll would you do then?

7L
I don't believe you know my feelings or my situation, so....you can't be sure of how much i love her or not. Don't judge. I didn't. Yeah people describe a lot. Just because one chooses a more analytical approach and doesn't scream about how much they love their special one, it doesn't make their feelings any less.
I wonder what's with so much LOL...i never claimed to be superior or anything. It's just what i feel, period.
And please call me Vincent. sama-sama is just..strange.
Old 21-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Master
Vincent...relax. I find your post quite humourous (hence LOLs) but I absolutely make no claims to know how you truly feel. I am saying that what I and others have described is that the appearance of the one they love is beautiful/handsome to us and appealing and desirable beyond all others...

BUT it was in no way relevant to the love we felt nor our interaction at any point in time. Ppl find their partners deeply desirable because they love them. But they truly love and desire them, no mistake. And often they are hot but I digress...that's accidental....

I was simply stating a fact. If you felt as many here have...according to what they've stated in their own words, then the fact that you think your partner is hot is already a given...and in fact...is really not the point in and of itself....as it's the heart and soul that you'd have fallen in love with...often without knowing what they looked like initially...or regardless of what they looked like.

Do you understand what I'm saying? If so then you'd realise how your post on wanting the whole package, 1) visual and 2) "the inside part", just sounded a bit clinical. If you are blessed to meet your partner, then you'd have the whole person, (if not the "whole package"), which is a beautiful thing, even though it might take some time and work to realise it...

Peace,
7L
Old 21-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Experiencer
I'd like to think we came full circle on the concept of SoulMate and Twin Flame but I think there is an alter-ego thing going on with both concepts. Please let me digress here so I can satisfy my thoughts. Soul Mate is Soul without the mate! A friend..a close acquaintenace that you can get intimate with but perhaps not a connection of the Ages. In my scenerio (see my first post) my girlfriend said "I was it". I was her Man and we would be bonded for ever! I took that not to just mean a relationship that would last but the chemistry would be like H2O or peanut butter and jelly. Like being tied to hip and while I considered that in a possessive manner it struck me that I'd understand as the concept unfolded. Well it never did and it turned south very quickly when disagreements started happening...like cleaning the shower after using it type of thing!

The Twin Flame concept seems relatively sane until on envisions its application in this world. Perhaps this is the soulmate or perhaps it is the everlasting undeniable truth that we've yurned for ever since we could remember first. I am taking those who posted that once everything is out in the open and one is accepted both in the physical and in the spiritual equally for both then perhaps and only then is it understood that the TF idea manifests itself finally in that sort of connection. While I certainly don't trump that concept in conversations or perceive another that way, I would certainly grant someone that fortuitous gift.

So getting back to altering the alter-ego of these concepts, are we in agreement as a group that a SoulMate is more than just friend but less than a forever connection and that a Twin Flame is conceiveably possible but perhaps void of proper definition in the earthly plane? I am thinking so from what I've read (there are a lot of different viewpoints running here) but again, just looking for common ground so I can run an end-game on this and put my recall and experiences in order.
Old 21-02-2011, 10:02 PM
DulcePoetica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontufuto
The Twin Flame concept seems relatively sane until one envisions its application in this world.
hilarious. yes. true!!

Quote:
a Twin Flame is conceivably possible but perhaps void of proper definition in the earthly plane?
This is the best description yet! We are so trained by our culture to value 'unconditional love' as if it is the greatest thing of all, but to me, this thing obliterates love and goes way beyond it well into the void that exists past the earthly plane. 90 percent of my relationship with this man exists in the blackness beyond my consciousness.
Old 22-02-2011, 12:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
I just wonder why people that have never experienced what is being discussed think their uninformed and arrogant opinion adds value to the discussion? Where is the gratification in joining discussions on topics you don't believe in and telling people you have never met that you think they are deluded?

You are the second person I encountered who refers to some negative aspect to an opinion which differs to yours... the first called it ugly energy (her own anger that is) and you call it uninformed and arrogant. Fact is you don't agree so who cares, your opinion is arrogant and ill informed as any one elses.

Quote:
I don't believe in the mythology around soulmates and twin souls, but I am living with a relationship that meets the criteria. Until these things started happening to me, I thought it wasn't possible. But here I am, and while I don't think I am dealing with "the other half of my soul", I do get enormous benefit from discussing the unique challenges of this type of connection with other people who have experienced it. They can call it whatever they want as far as I am concerned.

lots of people fall in love but do not set out to fulfill a twin soul criterium.

Quote:
So until we "ugly, naive, romantic, deluded, obsessive" types become as "enlightened" as you, why dont you just give us a little space so we can process and develop at our own pace? But if you still can't help yourself, don't worry, because uninformed arrogance is as easy to spot as naive romanticism. I don't place much value on either type of input.

Fact is Phsychoslice and I expressed how a girl who starts to say I am her twinflame has some preconceived notion of the criteria I need fulfill to meet the definition... that is frightening because I can just be myself and I don't have to meet some criteria to be good enouigh.

Now me and Phsychoslice are going to the top of the hill together... I don't call him my twin flame but at least he accepts me as plain ol' Gem.
Old 22-02-2011, 02:18 PM
DulcePoetica

If you knew anything about my situation at all, you would not assume that I "fell in love" and set out to make it fit any type of criteria.

But you don't know what I am talking about. And you apparently have no personal experience that relates to the subject matter here. You just dismissed the topic as silliness because it is something you do not believe in. If you would like me to believe you want to make a positive contribution, you could start by not making fun of the premise of the entire discussion board.
Old 23-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Experiencer
Well I've been thinking a bit on this topic I started and thought also that SM and TF requires more understanding. I will not rule out that these are false concepts. I will keep an open mind that they are indeed actual and real. I'd like to think that a Soul Mate is more than a friend and intimate both sexually and very personal. A Twin Flame must have the context in mind that the spirit is your other half...the fulfillment of oneself...the nature which you can operate in any reality whether the physical or non-physical 100% for pure functionality as to your core self dictates. How's that?
Old 23-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Lilstar07

Quote:
Well I've been thinking a bit on this topic I started and thought also that SM and TF requires more understanding. I will not rule out that these are false concepts. I will keep an open mind that they are indeed actual and real. I'd like to think that a Soul Mate is more than a friend and intimate both sexually and very personal. A Twin Flame must have the context in mind that the spirit is your other half...the fulfillment of oneself...the nature which you can operate in any reality whether the physical or non-physical 100% for pure functionality as to your core self dictates. How's that?

Sounds good Kontufuto, I like you attitude to things. If you dont know about something then just ask, that way you can form an understanding rather than a judgement. I see that some people need to learn that. sometimes its hard to humble onesself I suppose. Its good that your humble and I hope you got the answer (or close to) that you was looking for.