Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 20-03-2011, 12:29 AM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Very welcome, brother! Peace.
Old 20-03-2011, 03:01 AM
Suspended
Hi Simon,
Interesting - thanks for sharing. It makes me want to learn more & maybe experience more. I LOVE reading NDEs - they're especially comforting when I'm feeling down & it seems like astro travel is similar.

I was surprised to find a scripture about it:
Quote:
"I knew a man in Christ above 14 years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven." - 2 Corinthians 12:2
Questions: When you astral travel, do you "go" to like energies?
If you wanted to visit someone, could you? Would they know that you did?
How are telepathy/psychic abilities similar to this?
Old 20-03-2011, 04:33 AM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective
Hi Simon,
Interesting - thanks for sharing. It makes me want to learn more & maybe experience more. I LOVE reading NDEs - they're especially comforting when I'm feeling down & it seems like astro travel is similar.

I was surprised to find a scripture about it:
Questions: When you astral travel, do you "go" to like energies?
If you wanted to visit someone, could you? Would they know that you did?
How are telepathy/psychic abilities similar to this?

Hi again. Welcome. Yes, it's mentioned in the Bible as well, in every religious tradition, ancient mythologies from every culture, etc. I love your questions! Here's a personal "take" on it, and I'm not asking you to believe any of this, as it's just an interpretation and not Truth. As like is always drawn to like, yes, our experience in other vibrational states of consciousness are moulded from our beliefs. Telepathy and all psychic abilities, including all forms of projection, are simply aspects of consciousness. All such abilities are actually not separate abilities, but are the very nature of consciousness in manifestation, which spans an infinite variety of "vibrational realities."

You can visit someone, but the one that you would visit in another vibrational reality would not be the same being that you knew, and neither would you be the same "you" in this other dimension, due to the different vibrational focus than the physical plane. Also, beings that leave the physical (or "die" in other words), move through states of consciousness. There are multiple things that happen simultaneously at all times. When we "cross over," in the highest sense our energy reemerges with God/Source/Heaven, and also at the same time we--as a human personality consciousness--appear to inhabit other vibrational realms of consciousness, for in that sense we are multidimensional. These other vibrational realms are often mistaken to be "heaven" by various beings that visit them. It isn't that we are really "visiting" other dimensions in the sense that we typically think, but that our "higher consciousness" is instantly creating the experience of the world that we perceive. Jesus had bypassed in consciousness, so to speak, all vibrational realities through total surrender to God when he was physically still incarnate, realizing the Self as God, and after he "came back" to physical reality had proclaimed that he had "overcome the world" ("physical" consciousness). He had actually "overcome" in consciousness all "seven heavens"/dimensions, so to speak (in reference to the seven dimensions of consciousness model), which allowed him to instantly manifest miracles/mould "physical" matter through the Holy Spirit/Christ Mind.

When we visit someone we may have known on the "other side," it can be said to be a "fragment," a thought-form, of the soul, just as the human self is a thought-form fragment of the soul, in this sense. What Jesus had realized was that in truth we have never really left Home! All Creation/manifestation is a dream of God's, in a sense. They ALL had realized this. Sri Krishna, Siddhartha, Zoroaster (Zarathrustra), Sri Ramana Maharshi, Sri Anandamayi Ma, Moses, Elijah, Yeshua, Miriam, Mohammed, Gandhi-Ji, and quite a few others throughout the times, as I understand it.

Bless you.
Old 22-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Karlos
... As like is always drawn to like, yes, our experience in other vibrational states of consciousness are moulded from our beliefs. Telepathy and all psychic abilities, including all forms of projection, are simply aspects of consciousness. All such abilities are actually not separate abilities, but are the very nature of consciousness in manifestation, which spans an infinite variety of "vibrational realities."

You can visit someone, but the one that you would visit in another vibrational reality would not be the same being that you knew, and neither would you be the same "you" in this other dimension, due to the different vibrational focus than the physical plane.
This makes sense, thanks for your explanation, Simon.
It seems to imply a lot of responsibility when it comes to our thoughts & feelings.
Quote:
Also, beings that leave the physical (or "die" in other words), move through states of consciousness. There are multiple things that happen simultaneously at all times. When we "cross over," in the highest sense our energy reemerges with God/Source/Heaven, and also at the same time we--as a human personality consciousness--appear to inhabit other vibrational realms of consciousness, for in that sense we are multidimensional. These other vibrational realms are often mistaken to be "heaven" by various beings that visit them. It isn't that we are really "visiting" other dimensions in the sense that we typically think, but that our "higher consciousness" is instantly creating the experience of the world that we perceive.
This is so fascinating & makes me wonder & want to learn more!
So, when we have spiritual experiences from those who have passed on, is it because both we & they are connecting on similar vibrations?
By vibrations, I'm assuming - conscious/subconscious thoughts & feelings.
Quote:
Jesus had bypassed in consciousness, so to speak, all vibrational realities through total surrender to God when he was physically still incarnate, realizing the Self as God, and after he "came back" to physical reality had proclaimed that he had "overcome the world" ("physical" consciousness). He had actually "overcome" in consciousness all "seven heavens"/dimensions, so to speak (in reference to the seven dimensions of consciousness model), which allowed him to instantly manifest miracles/mould "physical" matter through the Holy Spirit/Christ Mind.
I'm re-reading a book, "Putting on the Mind of Christ" - you might like it. It's deep! It basically discusses how Jesus lived & experienced physically what we are meant to experience spiritually. A living parable!
Quote:
When we visit someone we may have known on the "other side," it can be said to be a "fragment," a thought-form, of the soul, just as the human self is a thought-form fragment of the soul, in this sense. What Jesus had realized was that in truth we have never really left Home! All Creation/manifestation is a dream of God's, in a sense. They ALL had realized this. Sri Krishna, Siddhartha, Zoroaster (Zarathrustra), Sri Ramana Maharshi, Sri Anandamayi Ma, Moses, Elijah, Yeshua, Miriam, Mohammed, Gandhi-Ji, and quite a few others throughout the times, as I understand it.
It's mind-boggling to consider - lol, maybe that's why it seems better understood by experience.
Simon, how do you think astral projection helps you love yourself & others more?
Quote:
Bless you.
Bless you, too, Simon.
Old 24-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Hiiiiiiii! "Putting On the Mind of Christ." YES! Sounds like my kinda book. I'll look it up, thanks.
You asked:

So, when we have spiritual experiences from those who have passed on, is it because both we & they are connecting on similar vibrations?

A big YES! This is true, it is simply a vibrational resonance, usually initiated on the part of the one who is still physically incarnated. The vibrations are sometimes so in synch that the spirit manifestation may appear to be physical, though young children tend to experience this kind of visitation much more often than adults, as their minds haven't been so conditioned to believe otherwise, you see.
You asked:

Simon, how do you think astral projection helps you love yourself & others more?

You asked the most important question one could ever ask themselves about AP (and equally for any practice). Personally, I do not practice initiating astral projection often--usually not at all--but it CAN be of great assistance in helping people feel more expansive and connected to God and others. There are, of course, practitioners who do not believe in "God," per se, but have an understanding of consciousness and energy which equates to the same general idea. In my case, I was much more interested in God (in a broad, expansive way, beyond what I was taught by others) as far back as I remember in this lifetime, and I NEVER doubted the existence of this Loving Reality. Feeling deep compassion within myself was something I was aware of since very little, and learning about astral projection and then years later practicing it didn't really do much to enhance that feeling, because I was intuitively aware that loving myself had nothing to do with such practices, and so I focused primarily on deep self-contemplation, meditation and expanding my awareness. Studies into things like astral projection were mostly for entertainment value, though my dominant motive was always self-empowerment, to know and feel my power. Through compassion and faith in God/myself, I began clearly seeing how the desire to "leave" physical existence and explore other "realms" is an inherent desire in EVERYONE, in one form or another. People seek escape through so many things: drugs, sex, movies, entertainment/sports, dreaming, daydreaming, astral projection, etc., and the basic desire to escape is very natural, because we intuitively know that our true nature is FREE, joyous and unbound by any human-made laws and restrictions. It is only when "escape" is used as a way to avoid truly FEELING those deep emotions of lack and separation that it becomes a "problem," simply because we cannot really escape the effect of our beliefs when we try to go "elsewhere." It is like the old wise saying, "Wherever you go, there you are." In that sense, there's no escaping ourselves, though one can of course surrender and transcend their limited perceptions of Self. What humanity is realizing is that allowing oneself to truly FEEL their own emotions, in a detached, non-self-judgmental way, is the key to self-forgiveness and "escaping" or transcending their own limitations. Self-love. I am drawn to share insights from time to time with this forum simply because I resonate with the spiritual maturity of the AP practitioners here. MOST of the people who are drawn to this forum are also quite interested in their spiritual growth, instead of just seeing AP and other practices as "something cool to do," and I deeply respect that. HUGS. -Kar
Old 25-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Hiiiiiiii!...
...astral projection... CAN be of great assistance in helping people feel more expansive and connected to God and others.
Hi Kar,
Thanks for another inspiring explanation.

Quote:
Studies into things like astral projection were mostly for entertainment value, though my dominant motive was always self-empowerment, to know and feel my power. Through compassion and faith in God/myself, I began clearly seeing how the desire to "leave" physical existence and explore other "realms" is an inherent desire in EVERYONE, in one form or another. People seek escape through so many things: drugs, sex, movies, entertainment/sports, dreaming, daydreaming, astral projection, etc., and the basic desire to escape is very natural, because we intuitively know that our true nature is FREE, joyous and unbound by any human-made laws and restrictions.
That's a good point. I love to travel! I feel so alive when I go somewhere new, experience something different & meet new people! Maybe it's because it draws out, or inspires within me some power, that couldn't be inspired any other way.

Quote:
It is only when "escape" is used as a way to avoid truly FEELING those deep emotions of lack and separation that it becomes a "problem," simply because we cannot really escape the effect of our beliefs when we try to go "elsewhere." It is like the old wise saying, "Wherever you go, there you are." In that sense, there's no escaping ourselves, though one can of course surrender and transcend their limited perceptions of Self.
So true. For years, since I ran away from home, I moved a lot! I always thought I could escape pain of myself & relationships by moving & starting over. But after about 11 moves, I realized... nope.
I remember, when I was really depressed, a friend invited me to the Bahamas. I wanted to go, & to hang out, but I also knew that I'd be a bummer, & that no matter where I was, there I was - that silly depression cloud followed me.

Quote:
What humanity is realizing is that allowing oneself to truly FEEL their own emotions, in a detached, non-self-judgmental way, is the key to self-forgiveness and "escaping" or transcending their own limitations. Self-love. I am drawn to share insights from time to time with this forum simply because I resonate with the spiritual maturity of the AP practitioners here. MOST of the people who are drawn to this forum are also quite interested in their spiritual growth, instead of just seeing AP and other practices as "something cool to do," and I deeply respect that. HUGS. -Kar
I respect that too. I love this forum in many ways! It's like my sanity - to feel free to discuss almost anything.
I grew up with so much judgment. It's taking some time, but I'm learning to be more compassionate & open to possibilities - within me & within others.
Sometimes, when I'm sitting in church, listening to people discuss trivial biblical things... I wish we could pair off, or get in small groups & be like therapists to each other. That may sounds silly - but I think that's what we need more. Imagine how much less burdens people would suffer with, if we learned to really love each other without judgment.

Ok enough preaching. lol
Old 28-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Boom

Quote:
the desire to "leave" physical existence and explore other "realms" is an inherent desire in EVERYONE, in one form or another. People seek escape through so many things: drugs, sex, movies, entertainment/sports, dreaming, daydreaming, astral projection, etc., and the basic desire to escape is very natural, because we intuitively know that our true nature is FREE, joyous and unbound by any human-made laws and restrictions.

This ^

That really speaks volumes. Perhaps the addiction to drugs comes because of a heightened sense of awareness/ breaking away some human boundries. Why do just about all kids dream of being able to fly? I don't think its entirely because of Superman.

I personally feel somewhat repressed in a human body form and found the desire to open that third eye and see what is truely there. Our 5 senses only paint a partial picture of what is around us at all the time. I originally just thought it was my imagination. I mean sometimes this stuff does sound like it could be in the movies.

But yes a lot of us do crave the freedom to travel and to rise above the normal daily grind of human life. One question and sorry probably slightly off topic here. But if we really do have this third eye, we all have energies to control etc. Then why do so many people live a life of such ignorance of it? Why do our minds naturally forget that there is a spiritual world? Its like being taken away from your mother and home townafter 10 years of life, then forgetting that they even existed, to the point where you wouldnt believe anyone who tried to convince you that they did. I feel there must be a reason why the majority of people walking this planet today live in complete ignorance of anything beyond the physical.
Old 28-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective
Sometimes, when I'm sitting in church, listening to people discuss trivial biblical things... I wish we could pair off, or get in small groups & be like therapists to each other. That may sounds silly - but I think that's what we need more. Imagine how much less burdens people would suffer with, if we learned to really love each other without judgment.

Ok enough preaching. lol

Hehe. I agree totally with your wise assessment there, with that idea. That's truly something that is on the leading edge of what church communities would benefit from! If you call that "preaching," my sister, then I'll take MORE of that! I love your attitude and ideas. You are exactly the kind of person who is needed to help people let go of trivialities, focus more on being empowered in the self, and sharing with others of like mind in close, comfortable settings. And I know without a doubt that just your loving presence there in your church is positively affecting the congregation on many levels. Why, we are literally having church here in these forums in a very high sense, through these wonderful exchanges of ideas, appreciation and encouragement. Your voice is very powerful. You are certainly no "church mouse" here, and I notice that you share ideas and encouragement in these forums in a very gentle manner, my friend.

You have a very BROAD PERSPECTIVE, Perspective! Deep, deep appreciation here.

Blessings
Kar
Old 28-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom
This ^

That really speaks volumes. Perhaps the addiction to drugs comes because of a heightened sense of awareness/ breaking away some human boundries. Why do just about all kids dream of being able to fly? I don't think its entirely because of Superman.

I personally feel somewhat repressed in a human body form and found the desire to open that third eye and see what is truely there. Our 5 senses only paint a partial picture of what is around us at all the time. I originally just thought it was my imagination. I mean sometimes this stuff does sound like it could be in the movies.

But yes a lot of us do crave the freedom to travel and to rise above the normal daily grind of human life. One question and sorry probably slightly off topic here. But if we really do have this third eye, we all have energies to control etc. Then why do so many people live a life of such ignorance of it? Why do our minds naturally forget that there is a spiritual world? Its like being taken away from your mother and home townafter 10 years of life, then forgetting that they even existed, to the point where you wouldnt believe anyone who tried to convince you that they did. I feel there must be a reason why the majority of people walking this planet today live in complete ignorance of anything beyond the physical.

Hi Boom!

Thanks for joining this thread and posing great ideas and questions! I agree, strong addiction in general is directly related to a powerful desire and awareness for well-being, a desire from RELIEF from physical reality. So the true inner core of all addiction is a nature spiritual desire, and when this is unrecognized for what it really is then there's distortion, confusion and an intense desire for "escape." EVERY DESIRE anyone can have is for one sole purpose, and that is that the person thinks they would FEEL BETTER in the having of it. Once this is understood, can then have much more compassion for oneself and equally for others, because one knows the inner reason why people choose and do what they do, no matter what it appears like on the surface. Everyone simply wants love and to feel connected to something greater than what their physical senses perceive.

The "Third Eye" is simply an energetic and biological connection we have to our Higher Self/Divinity, and it has an actual physical component, which is known as the pineal gland in the center or the brain, which researchers have found has rods and cones on it like the two front eyes do, and is highly receptive to light! It is literally a "third eye" of sorts, connected to the Third Eye Chakra and higher mind, and it's function is the IMAGINATION. It releases chemicals in connection with our use of the imagination, dreaming, meditation, etc. Your question is very much "on-topic," my friend.

Minds "naturally forget" their Spiritual Origin simply because it is a necessary part of the game of incarnation, to whatever degree of forgetfulness there would be. True, humans were not originally intended to forget as much as has been throughout the ages, but the modern-day human consciousness is quite a bit more awakened in general than it has been for many thousands of years. Consciousness EXPANDS. There is no moving backwards or regressing, no matter what people may see with their eyes. Things are never ever what they seem by the senses, and thankfully are modern physicists are confirming this, although they themselves to do fully accept it. Stepping-stones, you see. The world paradigm is shifting rapidly for the better, and that is why there has been so much seeming "chaos" in recent decades; it is because humanity is learning to express itself in freer, more open ways. This is really a time not to mourn humanity but to CELEBRATE its awakening, when one allows him/herself to look within, love him/herself, raise his/her vibration and connect with the "Bigger Picture" of the gameplan that is in effect. What "others" do is not important at all, because the only way an individual can help is to "Be the positive change" that they would like to see in their world, as wise teachers like Mahatma Gandhi, Buddha and Jesus taught. The only way to truly be of service and to help humanity awaken is to AWAKEN ourselves! (I accentuated that to represent the enthusiasm I feel within my heart. )

The majority are not in "complete ignorance," my friend. If you make an honest assessment of humanity you will find that human culture and society in general is far less brutal and primitive than it has been for thousands of years. Not in all places, of course, but generally and collectively. The deeper reason for the rapid human technological advances in the last 200 years is because humanity wants to feel MORE CONNECTED spiritually (and this naturally includes greater, freer creative expression, more freedom and civil rights, and growing sense of community--global community). Many would deny this (the "more connected spiritually" part), but it is true, and the "proof" for this is within us, but reflected all around us, on many levels of human society. Look at the deeper messages in movies, the worldwide media, Internet, etc.

Your examples are perfect and much sense to me! In regards to the "taken away from one's mother" analogy, notice that the awareness and popularity of the Goddess, Mother Goddess and Mother Nature/Earth Mother spiritual archetypes have rises within recent decades at an unprecedented rate, simultaneous with the generally improved understanding and depiction of mothers, motherhood and sisterhood in human society. It reminds me of something I mentioned in another thread of mine recently, that the Goddess (consciousness/archetype) has returned (for She never really left), and that this time she is here to remain.

There is much love for you here, my friend. Deep appreciation.

Blessings
Kar
Old 28-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Hehe. I agree totally with your wise assessment there, with that idea. That's truly something that is on the leading edge of what church communities would benefit from! If you call that "preaching," my sister, then I'll take MORE of that! I love your attitude and ideas. You are exactly the kind of person who is needed to help people let go of trivialities, focus more on being empowered in the self, and sharing with others of like mind in close, comfortable settings. And I know without a doubt that just your loving presence there in your church is positively affecting the congregation on many levels. Why, we are literally having church here in these forums in a very high sense, through these wonderful exchanges of ideas, appreciation and encouragement. Your voice is very powerful. You are certainly no "church mouse" here, and I notice that you share ideas and encouragement in these forums in a very gentle manner, my friend.

You have a very BROAD PERSPECTIVE, Perspective! Deep, deep appreciation here.

Blessings
Kar
Thanks, Kar! I appreciate you too!