Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 19-02-2011, 04:19 PM
AngelBreeze

Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Faith is just another way to say "I dont know."

Greetings, norseman.

Perhaps for some who have little faith that may be so. But for those with very Strong Faith, such as myself and many others, we do know what feels and rings true in our heart about God! And it is a wonderful feeling to know that you acknowledge your Creator as He acknowledges you on a daily basis!

I once saw a little plaque in an outdoor sale area that read:

"Faith is seeing Light with your heart when all your eyes see is darkness."

I don't know who authored that as there was no name with it but that sure makes All the sense in the world to me and rings so beautifully true that I just had to memorize it!

Have a Blessed day!
Old 19-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Saladkiller

Faith as jesus taught, is bridging the distance between that which is seen, and that which is experienced.

"Lo, look upon the fields, for they are ripe for harvest" and so they were.

Its funny because for jesus, faith was nothing, because he also said "Even if you have the faith that can move mountains, if you do not have love, then you are nothing."

Actually, i think thats what one of his greatest statements, IMO
Old 19-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Zeliar791

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze
Greetings, norseman.

Perhaps for some who have little faith that may be so. But for those with very Strong Faith, such as myself and many others, we do know what feels and rings true in our heart about God! And it is a wonderful feeling to know that you acknowledge your Creator as He acknowledges you on a daily basis!

I once saw a little plaque in an outdoor sale area that read:

"Faith is seeing Light with your heart when all your eyes see is darkness."

I don't know who authored that as there was no name with it but that sure makes All the sense in the world to me and rings so beautifully true that I just had to memorize it!

Have a Blessed day!

As cute as ever...
Old 19-02-2011, 04:51 PM
AngelBreeze

Matthew 17:20 (KJV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladkiller
Faith as jesus taught, is bridging the distance between that which is seen, and that which is experienced.

"Lo, look upon the fields, for they are ripe for harvest" and so they were.

Its funny because for jesus, faith was nothing, because he also said "Even if you have the faith that can move mountains, if you do not have love, then you are nothing."

Actually, i think thats what one of his greatest statements, IMO

Greetings, Saladkiller,

I think you are speaking about the following Scripture:

"And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place: and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." -- MATTHEW 17:20 (KJV)

Jesus indeed knew that if people had but a small degree of faith in something (comparing it to a mustard seed that is quite small) they could move mountains, which means that their trouble(s) could be removed with just that small amount of faith. It is when one has absolutely no faith that those mountains can grow even higher and yet higher for them and are difficult to remove from their life.

Thanks for the reminder. And have a day full of sunshine!

Old 19-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
If anybody has realized the existence of God one cannot text it with words and sentences.
But those who make the claim all have different experiences, and if they are similar they are influenced by the same sources.
Doing the same practices brainwashes the mind to get the desired result it seeks, and confirmation bias is a powerful tool as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
The existence of God is rooted in our belief and not in our evidence. We lack proofs if we seek for them.
There is no proof whatsoever.

And to those who say that the proof is all around us.. one could say: you can replace god with just matter, or universe. So why invent 'god'?
Old 12-03-2011, 10:00 PM
casper

I go through life feeling i have no urge or wanting to prove or persuade people that my beliefs are correct because quite frankly you cannot prove the existence of god nor that god does not exist. I do not force my beliefs upon anyone.

God is something that gives me comfort to believe in - I believe that something that gives hope and does good cannot be such a bad thing to believe in (it doesn't matter if it exists or not). I take great leaps of faith in life....but that is what i love about my character - that i can believe with an unshakable force in things that i sometimes i cannot see. I love it because i know most people find it difficult to believe in something they cannot see or touch. Things do not have to be visible to exist.
Old 13-03-2011, 06:07 AM
Master
"God"? what's that? what are you folks talkin about?
Old 13-03-2011, 06:32 AM
Murciélago

How can you prove you exist? Or that I exist?
Old 23-03-2011, 02:51 AM
Ascender

Who says that what we see and touch really is reality?
Old 23-03-2011, 04:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
If God is Creation, then the existence of God is plain for all to see ergo Nothing to prove

They're trying to prove 'the creator' not the creation.