Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 10-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Knower

Do you think our expectations get in the way? I have thought about this a lot as I do feel they can hinder us eg expectations in relationships, behaviours, meditations? Everytime I make a move so to speak there is a kinda challenge/request for some sort of validation behind it and of course because of the intentions behind it/fact I have had more validations than needs be, I get nowhere. For me its a solitary path with some joining along the way if they so choose.

That medium last night, who knows it could have been just one of those nights, many who received messages may get a light bulb moment today, maybe she misinterpreted, I am sure you have pondered this already anyway

Enjoy your day! Love Orbie x
Old 10-02-2011, 01:18 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbie
Such a thought provoking thread. I have always knows that I will be one of those who travel along so to speak, I have also been very very fortunate to meet some along the way ( some on this forum too, you know who you are !! ) whose words and actions have inspired me, given me food for thought, comfort and support during tough times.

I have got nowhere with the two nearerst churches to me, on both occasions being told that the development circles were closed, on both occasions feeling ego big time from the words of those I was speaking to. This was just two churches though and as many others have said, not indicative of spritualist churches as a whole.

Chin up Deepsea, many on here who will chat and ponder with you should you need it

Loved the Big G thing Mac !!

Love to all x

I was sadly disappointed by last night's meeting.
I have been told since then,that this particular medium is not the best in spiritualist circles.
So my beef is,why do these churches continue to book them?

Deepsea
Old 10-02-2011, 02:09 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I was sadly disappointed by last night's meeting.
I have been told since then,that this particular medium is not the best in spiritualist circles.
So my beef is,why do these churches continue to book them?

Deepsea

One reason might be that congregations expect somebody every week - even when that means having to engage less-developed, less-accomplished practitioners.

It was always a problem but is probably worse now because fewer mediums are available anyway and fewer are prepared to spend time and effort in improving their attributes...

And maybe expectations are unreasonable?
Old 10-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Knower

Why book her? I reckon Mac has covered it
Could I ask is do you need anyone to confirm the presence of those in an afterlife ? You arent an ex teacher by any chance?
Old 10-02-2011, 05:02 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
One reason might be that congregations expect somebody every week - even when that means having to engage less-developed, less-accomplished practitioners.

It was always a problem but is probably worse now because fewer mediums are available anyway and fewer are prepared to spend time and effort in improving their attributes...

And maybe expectations are unreasonable?

No.I wouldn't say that,Mac though I understand what you mean.
My expectations of a good readings or messages I always keep to a low.
I am thankful now for what I get.
I never go to the spirit church just hoping to receive a 'message'.
I experienced more joy last night,to be recognised and welcomed after a long period of time away.

Deapsea x
Old 10-02-2011, 05:44 PM
mac

"I experienced more joy last night,to be recognised and welcomed after a long period of time away." That's not what you said before though, J.

Still I'm pleased to hear that it wasn't all negative.

And I didn't mean it was your expectations that were unreasonable... Perhaps we are all expecting too much of even accomplished mediums? As they go around the circuit of churches where they are booked on a routine basis maybe things just become stale?

Add to that the matter that they can't bring just anybody simply on expectation - those who come to 'speak' to their loved ones will all have different levels of proficiency, some will be 'attention-hoggers' and difficult for the medium to get away from (over-there as here?) or conditions may simply not be ideal for whatever reasons....

It can never be an exact science.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:15 PM
deepsea

Sorry Mac,what did I say before?

All I am going to say about this medium is that I queried her professional status as a medium with a mutual friend of our's and she is reputed to be 'not very good.

J.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:04 PM
mac

Quote:
Sorry Mac,what did I say before?

All I am going to say about this medium is that I queried her professional status as a medium with a mutual friend of our's and she is reputed to be 'not very good.

J.

you said: "I was sadly disappointed by last night's meeting." That's why I thought you hadn't enjoyed your evening there....
Old 10-02-2011, 07:55 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
you said: "I was sadly disappointed by last night's meeting." That's why I thought you hadn't enjoyed your evening there....

My fault! I should have finished the sentence off saying 'because the medium was not all that good'.
Put it down to old age senilty,Mac.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Master
Quote:
I am losing my faith in Spiritualism.
I still believe but I am now becoming very disappointed in the spiritualist religion itself.

I find it is becoming very 'hard core'.
Spiritualists themselves seem to belong to a closed section of religion.
I am on quite a few spiritual sites,some are friendly and some are not.

There are discussions on PM (Physical Mediumship) which are great but never seem to hit rock bottom.
PM started back in the Victorian age but seems to have lapsed since then.
Closed circles are very rare now,and trying to get into one is like trying to enrol in some secret society.

I haven't been to a spiritualist church for some years now but have decided to give it another go.
i am attending a service tomorrow evening so will see how it progresses.
Wish me luck that faith returns.
Deepsea

The problem with any organized religion is the assumption that one path works for all people. The minute I allow another person to come between me and God, His message for me gets messed up. I have had almost zero luck finding anyone else who understands this let alone a whole group. My advice is that if you want to attend a church, go there with this in mind. Be ready to take what helps you and leave the rest. Be ready for people who are jealous of your spirituality and will try to 'bring you into the fold'. Be ready for those who cannot accept the validity of a personal journey or a personal relationship with God (insert preferred word here).

Good luck