Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-12-2023, 11:34 AM
Guide

We need an ego to some extent imo, it's our container that helps us function in the physical world. But we need a healthy ego, not an unhealthy one. As one begins to awaken, I think maybe the need for the container becomes less as we allow more of the spirit in, but ego can never be gotten rid of, nor should it be: it does a good job for us, if healthy.
Old 30-12-2023, 04:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i was thinking today, that cause of ego for me seems to be a certain configuration of energy fields around the body.
It certainly is about energy as well I think. Energy doesn't cause ego but we cause energy, so in a way cause ego we talk about. Though we can't physically see it (aura), I think we can feel it which is what energy does, another form of seeing. Such energy is the same for everyone and itself. Of course ego doesn't appear and then vanish but to realize to be selfish for instance has its energy just as to be loving and giving has its energy probably something that must be agreed on. Ego exists when I am selfish and I am not. This is how the lower worlds are set up to be.

Last edited by lemex : 30-12-2023 at 05:10 PM.
Old 30-12-2023, 11:31 PM
Knower

For me I think of the ego as the serpent, neither good nor bad but the tester, and if you find it, it will be bound to its tail, and you will become its fate. But know it can serve you well inwards.
Old 01-01-2024, 09:40 PM
Knower
The ignorance of creativity (God) itself.

The ignorance breeds separation and the separation breeds the false self which most of the world (as a reflection of the false self and distinct from the earth, which is obviously natural) operates from.

Last edited by Nathaniel : 01-01-2024 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-01-2024, 05:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
Which one is the cause of ego?
1. Ignorance
2. Lack of self-love
The ego is a beneficial part of the human species. Its job is to assist with the survival of the individual. More specifically, it informs about things that are beneficial to the individual or harmful to the individual.

The 'problem' ego is caused when the individual ignores the advice and continues to do self harmful things or doesn't do helpful things. The ego can be drawn into trying to take control in order to overcome the lack of healthy action. Unfortunately the ego is not a good task master and usually doesn't do much better. This can turn further 'dark' if the ego gives up and starts trying to promote its own survival not survival of the individual as a whole.

As such I would say the problem ego can be caused by both but often lack of self care/love.
Old 02-01-2024, 09:22 AM
Guide
Thank you for your replies everybody.

And happy new year.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:32 AM
Master
I'd say quite simply the fact that we live in a 3D world that in ancient times bordered on the very low spectrum of the 3D for thousands of years.
There was no space to connect to our higher, Divine part or guides. We were cut off from a major part of ourselves that we need in order to feel good and function as 'whole' beings.
Look back at our history, and how in some countries people still have to live that way to date. No love, no respect for a life. Greed, money and power are all that counts.
I doubt there was/is even space for ego in such a setting.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:58 AM
Master

My feeling is that ego is not a bad thing and sometimes we need it in order to achieve our dreams and feel vitality. However, I believe the ego is just a tool but we shouldn’t let it control us.
Old 03-01-2024, 04:29 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
It certainly is about energy as well I think. be.

Lemex,

This is the most fundamental truth. Both ego and spirit create energy. In a spiritual forum one might presume that spiritual energy would be recognized as the desirable source of energy. If one googles ‘ego vs spirit quotes’ that will produce much food for thought…..I recommend doing that. What I discovered was prejudiced in favor of spirit. I do not know if a similar site can be found that supports the contrary….in favor of ego. My own experience is that the energy from the ego is draining and exhausting….
Old 03-01-2024, 07:52 PM
Molearner

Empty lives become less empty as one proceeds to empty the ego……