Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 05-04-2012, 10:19 AM
spiritualized

In Case of Spiritual Emergency by Catherine G Lucas

It seems clear that the human race is undergoing a collective spiritual awakening. Presaged by the rise of interest in metaphysical subjects, the spiritual energy pouring into the physical realm now is changing the way we all perceive and react to the world we live in, sometimes triggering painful physical and emotional crisis. The time is very right for a book like In Case of Spiritual Emergency, and Lucas, founder of the UK Spiritual Crisis Network, is the perfect person to have written it.

Backing up her thesis that we are all evolving (and not just going insane), she cites research by the likes of Stanislav and Christina Grof, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Roberto Assagioli, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, and Robert Monroe. She shows us what a spiritual emergency looks like using the stories of St. Teresa of Avila, Vincent Van Gogh, Carl Jung, Amma, and Eckart Tolle - among others. Once she has convinced us that things like peak experiences, past-life memories, and psychic openings are all signs of spiritual growth, not mental illness, she outlines a three-part protocol for successfully navigating the waters of spiritual awakening.

Becoming enlightened isn't a journey of peacefulness and flowers. The road is often treacherous and missing both signposts and seasoned guides. Many of us have taken turns that led to scary and confusing places. Now there is a book to lead people through the chaos, into the light, and then back into the world to help others. Thank you, Catherine Lucas.

The book is available from Amazon
Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualized
I do see what your saying - I feel though that spirituality is beyond duality.

That sanity, healing & spirituality is found in objectively seeing the truth of things as they are as much as is possible - seeing things for what they are; objectively & without projection or illusions (both inner & outer realities). & that is no easy task. I feel that this is all something that is beyond the Mind, Theories, Concepts, Language, words & opinions; of any kind. Like the finger pointing to the moon - all there are is pointers; it can't be defined.

Where I have been at recently - is focused on connecting with the core of who I am. Of connecting with the 'higher aspects' of my Self; as much as possible (& as much as that can be explained in a few words); through awareness & self observation (& observation of life/this reality). To simply 'Stop & be Still' as much as I'm able. As well as focusing very much in as grounded a way as possible on the practicalities of daily life. Of looking after myself as best that I'm able.

I don't have the answers - I suppose I'm realising that the Self, Life, God, Reality - is in essence unknowable & mysterious. That 'it' is all dynamic, fluid - & beyond subjective understanding; i.e. our thoughts, feelings & emotions are Not reality.

Hope that makes sense - I don't know if that will make sense to people or not?

What I am is what is in everybody else - good, bad, or ugly - do I have to create all these labels or can I see perfect divinity in all forms? I am a speck participating - willingly or unwillingly - in a galactic tornado of divine will.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:45 AM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
do I have to create all these labels

No - I agree. The point of what I was saying is that life is beyond concepts, labels, languages, words, - thoughts, feeling & emotions.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:09 PM
spiritualized

Understanding Psychotic Experience And Working Towards Recovery -

http://rufusmay.com/index.php?option...30&Itemi d=33
Old 05-04-2012, 05:28 PM
spiritualized

A quote that seems apt to this discussion -

“Nothing has harmed the quality of individual life in modern society, more than the misbegotten belief that human suffering is driven by biological and genetic causes and can be rectified, by taking drugs or undergoing electroshock therapy. Modern psychiatry has made up the most ugly story possible about human conflicts and emotional pain – reducing it to nothing more than bad genes and unbalanced chemical reactions. If I wanted to ruin some ones life, I would convince the person, that biological psychiatry is right – that relationships mean nothing, that choice is impossible and that the mechanics of a broken brain reign over our emotions and conduct . If I wanted to impair an individual’s capacity, to create empathic loving relationships, I would prescribe psychiatric drugs, all of which blunt our highest psychological and spiritual functions.”

By Dr.Peter R Breggin MD - Psychiatrist and forensic medical Expert, USA

http://beyondmeds.com/2012/01/06/dissident/

1. Corruption by Big Pharma
2. Invalid Illnesses and Disorders
3. Scientifically Unreliable Diagnoses
4. Biochemical Imbalance Mumbo Jumbo
5. Pseudoscientific Drug Effectiveness Research
7. Diversion from Societal, Cultural and Political Sources of Misery

http://youtu.be/L8iDFpc4mVw
Old 16-05-2012, 04:29 AM
Lizabix

Spiritual Emergency, NEED HELP: Sorry for the wall of text, please please read

If you don't believe me or don't understand/know what I'm talking about, please please PLEASE don't try to mess with my emotions or my mind or make fun of me. I cannot take it, even a little bit.
This is my literal, truth by truth account of what is happening to me, in the best words I can explain.

I've been going through a "alien/entity/outsider/possession state" type of spiritual emergency brought on by trauma after trauma. (please look up "possesion spiritual emergency" and do some research if you don't know what that is, and it might not be what you think.) I'm at my wits end constantly, I SNAP at the smallest thing.

I have no money to get any help, no human relationships, no guidance, no because everyone has run away from me.

My soul fragmentation is completely overwhelming, and all the pieces are moving around inside me and it's the most disgusting thing, like I can actualy FEEL them in a way....all three or four different parts/sides of me screaming at each other and disagreeing and talking all at once and blocking/making me forget my concious thoughts.

I've heard this ordeal is supposed to be a healing process. I've heard that if you just let the bad feelings take over you'll get all better and your life will turn around, that you will feel the love of the good/divine and that, i don't know, everything will be okay. But it isn't getting better. For some reason I feel like it's almost run it's course and all that happened was that I became some kind of vessel for another creature, with my own consciousness pushed away and being constantly insulted/hurt. ( I know how crazy that sounds. Try to imagine. :/)

But I don't even really like the person I am becoming.
I was hoping with this "emergence" life would have given me some hope, some sense of meaning to life. As it is, I'm just seething with irritation constantly, with a feeling of dread at the thought of living forever.

I still feel the horrible sensations of something reaching greasy smooth tentacles into the most private place of my soul that no one should tough ever (there is literally no other way to describe this feeling and it is the most violating thing you could possibly imagine), i still hear the three fighting parts of myself at once.

I can't stand the nightmares I've been having of going to hell and being betrayed and having all of my worst fears realized (burning to death, taken over by evil forced to watch from the back of my soul as I'm controlled, possession and taken to hell and tortured by devils while a god watches with an angry judging face)

I've lost my ability to function, and have chronic debilitating depression (most days I don't even have the energy to brush my hair, I wish I could stay in bed forever and not think about how it feels like some invisible greasy, probing, tentacle of a bad entity is burrowing it's way through my solar plexus and into my soul. It's hell. I wish I wasn't crazy. I wish I could feel normal.)

I literally scream to the Good, I plead, cry until I throw up, hurt myself, and scream and cry in despair. I don't hear anything that makes me know there's anything out there that cares. In fact, I get the sense I'm slated to die. I spend every day in terror over what my fate will be, if I feel this bad now..

I'm SO TIRED, I don't want to live anymore. Especially not forever. I don't want to go to heaven or hell, I want to have NEVER existed. For the very idea of me to be wiped away from all of everything.

And if this isn't a spiritual emergence/emergency, I'm under attack and whatever thing/things these are just won, I feel no control over myself or anything. That I'm under attack would make sense since something just doesn't quite feel right. Not that I could even tell if it was a good thing or a bad thing talking to me.

As a powerless human, I am fated to crawl around in the dirt like a maggot. Running around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to figure out the right combination of traits, feelings, and ideals I should have so that I won't be damned to suffer forever. "Don't get angry at the divines, don't get angry at all, all negative emotions cause bad things to happen to you, No idea of what's really right or wrong, or ANYTHING really. The fate of my soul is up for grabs.

I'm being yanked this way and that, and if I'm slated to be in agony and cry every day and cut myself while having a huge mental and existential breakdown, well I guess **** me right? I better stop being selfish and just suck it up.

I have ABSOLUTELY no hope inside of me, only the feeling that something else is inside my deepest most private places and feelings, smirking and taking feelings and ideas and ideals and everything that makes me, then molding them into whatever the want only to force them back inside so I have to be the way they want.

I feel like I am being killed. Without any help this will never get better and I have the truest feeling that it won't get better anyway.

Did you know I LITERALLY have not one friend since the fourth grade when I started being some kind of different. You think I'm lying? That is the straight plain truth. ALL I need is to socialize like a normal person for a little while so I can heal a bit, feel human and real, but everyone runs away.

I wish I could feel some divine love, or good, or justice. But for some reason they are not accessible to me. Something is blocked.

Then again all experiences of love have been driven from me, I can't feel it and I don't feel it from others. I'm basically turning into the evil thing trying to get into my soul

God, I hope some of that makes sense. I am seriously at the end of my rope and and my thoughts are all scrambling, but the sensations are still there and the voices are still there.

Old 16-05-2012, 04:55 AM
Lizabix

I should also tell you that I feel another presence that I dislike GREATLY and is very very irritating in the middle of my solar plexus deep down in my soul. Imagine a tiny ball that's a bit bigger nickle sized but round.
My distractions and constant being dragged this way and that has taken away my ability to draw (which I used to do very well) and that makes me want to die. I also don't enjoy reading anymore because the voices are too loud for me to just read. I can barely move so no exercising or going out into the beautiful sun for me.

I just have the DISTINCT REAL feeling that god looks upon me with nothing but scorn and anger and annoyance that I'm not blindly following a spiritual path and am still trying to figure out the best thing to do. I feel like he (and I get a distinct he feeling) is watching me and calculatingly trying to kill me inside to make me more...compliant.

I read the divines want to destroy you completely and completely break you until you don't even exist anymore so you can be of use to them.

So if I don't blindly let some THING that I don't even know what it is do whatever it wants with me, even though I have no information as to what's going on or if I'm doing the right thing, I will be in agony forever.

Being wiped out and forgetting everything is the only option?
That's too much trust for me. I guess I'm just going to go to hell. Or be in hell here, and then be thrown in the garbage in the spirit world when I'm dead because I'm not good enough.

That's all what I feel as well.
Old 16-05-2012, 04:57 AM
Henri77

I expect some of us are sending prayers-healing. if that's any comfort,.
Old 16-05-2012, 05:01 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizabix

I just have the DISTINCT REAL feeling that god looks upon me with nothing but scorn and anger and annoyance that I'm not blindly following a spiritual path and am still trying to figure out the best thing to do. I feel like he (and I get a distinct he feeling) is watching me and calculatingly trying to kill me inside to make me more...compliant.

I read the divines want to destroy you completely and completely break you until you don't even exist anymore so you can be of use to them.

This is misinformation and best forgotten..... at least in our universe
Old 16-05-2012, 05:01 AM
Lizabix

Thank you

I need that I think. Just someone wishing me...well I guess? Sending loving thoughts. I don't know. I feel like I need someone somewhere to vouch for me.