Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
I have been doing energy work (among other spiritual practices- astral projection, lucid dreaming, meditation, etc) for almost half of my life, so I believe I am rather sensitive to energy. I don't concern myself with correlating prophesized energetic shifts with my own personal energetic experience because it essentially makes no difference and brings no extra benefit to my practice and development. It seems you have made false assumptions and jumped to false conclusions, but perhaps this can be a learning experience.

The energetic shifts involve the changing balance of the light and dark energies of the planet. Prior to the great shift of 2012, the dark energies were slightly more prevalent. Now the light energies are more prevalent.

What does this mean? It means that whatever "work" you are attempting, be it light work, energetic work, healing work, inner work etc will come much easier than in the past. A good analogy would be that before 2012 it was like climbing uphill or running against the wind i.e. possible but much more difficult. Now it is like going downhill and running with the wind i.e. much easier. Also the inverse is true of those who choose a dark path. Light and dark energies IMO are physics and not just some new age blather.

I and many have noticed this within ourselves. No one is saying that the universe is waving a magic wand and all of our problems will automatically disappear and we become light beings. Freewill is still the case and one must still desire to ascend and change and do whatever it takes to do so.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes.
I understand it is even bigger than that!
As in, and then our entire Galaxy itself is 'revolving', traversing
around a 'center', also!

Wow! Thanks Miss H! Very cool! Perhaps that center is God!
Old 09-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
I have been doing energy work (among other spiritual practices- astral projection, lucid dreaming, meditation, etc) for almost half of my life, so I believe I am rather sensitive to energy. I don't concern myself with correlating prophesized energetic shifts with my own personal energetic experience because it essentially makes no difference and brings no extra benefit to my practice and development. It seems you have made false assumptions and jumped to false conclusions, but perhaps this can be a learning experience.

While I think I get the spirit of what you are trying to say here, I think you too may have reached some false conclusions. When you consider that some animals act strangely before earthquakes, emergency responders and those in police forces know to expect to be busier when there is a full moon, and that solar flares can carry enough electromagnetic energy to knock out power grids - these are all examples of different types of "energy" impacting the behavior of animals, people and systems in demonstrable ways.

So while you personally may not notice anything different or special during any of the energy or frequency shifts that some are referring to, I think it is a bit overstating the case to suggest that it makes absolutely no difference to anyone else either, which you seem to be doing. I don't think you necessarily meant for it to sound that way, but that's how I read it.

Many Blessings...

Qkev
Old 09-08-2015, 09:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumKev
While I think I get the spirit of what you are trying to say here, I think you too may have reached some false conclusions. When you consider that some animals act strangely before earthquakes, emergency responders and those in police forces know to expect to be busier when there is a full moon, and that solar flares can carry enough electromagnetic energy to knock out power grids - these are all examples of different types of "energy" impacting the behavior of animals, people and systems in demonstrable ways.

So while you personally may not notice anything different or special during any of the energy or frequency shifts that some are referring to, I think it is a bit overstating the case to suggest that it makes absolutely no difference to anyone else either, which you seem to be doing. I don't think you necessarily meant for it to sound that way, but that's how I read it.

Many Blessings...

Qkev

You have misunderstood. I didn't say that I don't notice energy shifts- in fact I said that I am very much in tune with energy. What I said was that investing thought and energy into the idea of planetary energy shifts is of little use. If these shifts are real, then they are taking place whether you believe in them or read about them or talk about them or not. What is important is developing wholesome qualities of mind and engaging in practices that lead to spiritual growth.

By developing the energy body and one's ability to pick up energies, one will be able to consciously experience these various planetary/universal energies without needing to have any prior knowledge of predictions and prophecies. Investing in these ideas runs the risk of fabricating an experience out of expectation alone and constructing a belief system that only serves to clutter the mind.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:06 PM
Experiencer
Wow - so many great replies here - thanks everyone! I was away from the forum for a few days, and my how this thread has grown

I appreciate all the candid comments, and I have to say that I can see some truth to each and every one of them - there is just so much going on in our universe at any time. I personally think, and even have another thread on it, that there is a sort of "battle" going on for our minds right now, at a spiritual level, and a great effort is being put towards trying to draw our attention away from what is truly important, and instead hoping to make us focus on things that are not necessarily conducive to spiritual growth.

To be sure, there is an effort from the other side too, just like many of the good folks on this forum demonstrate, to call people's attention to matters of the Spirit (and I'm not talking religion here, but spirituality), and there are great movements of truth in the world today that are exposing things - corruption, racism, cronyism, sexism, etc - that have long been hidden or denied.

Why do I bring all this up? Well, because I think that what we are seeing happen right now is what many varied ancient traditions prophesyd would happen, and I think a part of it is an increase in the intensity of each of the sides, perhaps fed by an increase in some kind of thought/spiritual/mystical energy that is feeding into the consciousness of everyone. It does seem to me that the "bad" things that are done these days get badder and badder, and the good things that get done are on a bigger scale as well.

So in essence, those who think the world is becoming darker and more dystopian are correct, as are those think it is becoming more truthful and there is more light at this moment in time - indeed, both things are happening in equal, but opposite increasing intensity. What will come of it all? I guess we will all see eventually.

I know that personally, I have been having a VERY difficult time maintaining any kind of focus on anything non-spiritually related for the last 3 or 4 months now. There seems to be something inside of me beckoning for my attention, and it's definitely a feeling different than I've had before. I do feel that something truly profound is just on the horizon, and while I don't know exactly what it is, I have the feeling that it is something bigger and distinctly more eventful than the gradual changes we have been going through for some time. And, just as with all of this, I think the effects will be very polarized - we will each receive what we have put out there, only incredibly magnified. So one can see how this could be a really good thing for some people, and - well, not so much for others... the whole "As you reap, so shall you sew" dynamic - otherwise known as karma =)

But hey, that's just my opinion, my gut feeling, and that's all it is. I'm grateful for everyone else sharing their thoughts and insights and thank you for allowing me to share mine

Many blessings all...

Qkev
Old 09-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
You have misunderstood. I didn't say that I don't notice energy shifts- in fact I said that I am very much in tune with energy. What I said was that investing thought and energy into the idea of planetary energy shifts is of little use. If these shifts are real, then they are taking place whether you believe in them or read about them or talk about them or not. What is important is developing wholesome qualities of mind and engaging in practices that lead to spiritual growth.

By developing the energy body and one's ability to pick up energies, one will be able to consciously experience these various planetary/universal energies without needing to have any prior knowledge of predictions and prophecies. Investing in these ideas runs the risk of fabricating an experience out of expectation alone and constructing a belief system that only serves to clutter the mind.

I can see what you are saying Vince, how there are pitfalls to putting too much into prophecies and predictions. But a great analogy is the weather : if it's going to rain tomorrow, it's going to rain, and nothing I can do is going to change it, and maybe some might say it's a waste of time to try to predict or know whether it is going to or not. But if it can be reasonably predicted, than perhaps I won't schedule the picnic I had planned for tomorrow - maybe I can plan to do something else. There is a whole industry built on weather prediction - as there are in economics, social sciences, marketing, etc. As humans, I think we like have an idea of what is coming if we are able. Is it a waste of our energy, and of little use? Perhaps.

And perhaps all of the prophecies and predictions regarding spiritual happenings - energy waves, frequency shifts, etc - are all of little use to some people too. But when I read through this thread and see all the great replies and information, I tend to think a little differently about it. I think that the discussion that the prediction has spurred is quite useful and anything but a waste of time, even if said prediction never comes true. It's got a bunch of us talking about stuff and sharing thoughts and ideas about it that we may not have otherwise. Which kind of begs the question, and pardon me for being so frank - but if you think this is all useless and waste of time, then why would you waste your time posting responses here...?

Many Blessings...

Qkev
Old 09-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Master
Quote:
I can see what you are saying Vince, how there are pitfalls to putting too much into prophecies and predictions. But a great analogy is the weather : if it's going to rain tomorrow, it's going to rain, and nothing I can do is going to change it, and maybe some might say it's a waste of time to try to predict or know whether it is going to or not. But if it can be reasonably predicted, than perhaps I won't schedule the picnic I had planned for tomorrow - maybe I can plan to do something else. There is a whole industry built on weather prediction - as there are in economics, social sciences, marketing, etc. As humans, I think we like have an idea of what is coming if we are able. Is it a waste of our energy, and of little use? Perhaps.

And perhaps all of the prophecies and predictions regarding spiritual happenings - energy waves, frequency shifts, etc - are all of little use to some people too. But when I read through this thread and see all the great replies and information, I tend to think a little differently about it. I think that the discussion that the prediction has spurred is quite useful and anything but a waste of time, even if said prediction never comes true. It's got a bunch of us talking about stuff and sharing thoughts and ideas about it that we may not have otherwise. Which kind of begs the question, and pardon me for being so frank - but if you think this is all useless and waste of time, then why would you waste your time posting responses here...?

Many Blessings...

Qkev

Nature does what nature does.

Humans have their own nature too.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 09-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Master
Quote:

Many Blessings...

Qkev

Weather forecasts have a practical function. I'm not sure energy shift forecasts have that same function. Unless you think you need an umbrella to shield yourself from the falling energy? LOL just kidding. Sure, you can plan a meditation session on a night that a shift is predicted- but if one was following my advice, this meditation would already be taking place, and there wouldn't be any ideas of planetary shifts that would potentially detract the mind during the meditation or influence the mind to fabricate an experience and formulate an unnecessary system of beliefs and concepts around it.

I haven't read anything on this thread relating to knowledge of energy shifts that, in my view, would result in furthering one's spiritual growth. Regarding your question to me- it does not accurately reflect the reality of the situation. I am not engaging in the behavior that I am speaking against- I am warning others of the downfalls of such behavior. My point of sharing my perspective here is to provide a view that may actually lead to furthering this growth by refocusing the mind on that which actually does bring about personal development and away from mental clutter. Again, if one is dedicated on the path to spiritual awakening, then this is all that is necessary to develop the ability to experience subtle energies and work with them towards further growth. New energies are constantly coming in. No amount of theorizing or prophesizing about them is going to change that- these things only serve to clutter the mind.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:48 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Nature does what nature does.

Humans have their own nature too.

Indeed naturesflow... Indeed

Many Blessings...

Qkev
Old 09-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
We've reached a singularity with AI. No doubt there'll be fallout from that.

A recent television Science fiction (Humans) concerned peoploids they called "synths". Pretty far fetched and more like Mills and Boom Science Fiction but one point the supporters/designers of the synths made was: as humans we're taking in more and more machine: artificial limbs, sense organs, manufactured stem-cell organs and bits. And we're interacting with machines far more than we do each other these days.

Human progress in stem cell research makes one wonder how soon before machines are fitted with some of this stuff. The line between human and machine grows blurred.

Nice bit of speculation. But...are we letting our doom in through the front door?

This is a great insight Lorelyen, and I am absolutely intrigued and fascinated by AI myself. I have some pretty interesting intuitions about it, and it is definitely going to be interesting to see what happens.

I think 'they' are much farther along with it than we are being told, and in fact I have a hunch that human level artificial intelligence may already have been achieved - they just aren't telling us yet. Whatever happens, I think AI is going to have a more profound - and perhaps completely unexpected effect - than people think.

Cool to know I'm not the only one here at SF that's "into" that

Many Blessings...

Qkev