Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 03-01-2012, 09:45 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritmessenger
Just before Christmas I started on a 99% raw diet....it's wonderful, everything tastes so delicious...you get the real taste of fruit and veg in smoothies. I feel so much better for it...plus I'm a lazy so and so and it only takes a very short time to prepare...heaven.
Now I'm totally vegan and loving it.

Wonderful!! Spiritmessenger! It almost sounds corny to bubble like this but it truly is an amazing transition to make this shift! Food finally starts
tasting the way it actually should, while any additives stand-out as an unwelcome intrusion! Processed is dead... but we're so used to processed
that we've little to compare it to... until we quit... it's then like turning the lights on for the first time! I've said OMG about surprising new flavors so
many times, and OMG over stuff that I already should have been used to but experience them now as though I'm trying them for the first time!

This truly is a unique introduction to what it should have been all along...to fully taste food for the first time at the age of 57...~Priceless~... :^)
Old 04-01-2012, 02:06 AM
WingsOfIsis

Speaking about how good food tastes now...

I found myself needing to get a bit to eat recently as I was visiting at the hospital and knew it was going to be awhile before getting home to my usual fare.

The only food available was a sandwich and I went with the gluten free kind.

I haven't had regular bread in quite awhile now and it is amazing how sweet it tastes to me!

I've noticed that the longer I am away from foods that aren't healthy for me the more bizarre they taste if I do have them again.

I don't eat sugar either so if I do decide to splurge (say on my birthday once a year LOL!) then I am pretty much blown away by the sugar rush.

Has anyone noticed similar things happening when staying away from food groups for awhile then having them again and the taste being different than you remember?

I think that would be really interesting to hear from everyone.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:43 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfIsis
Has anyone noticed similar things happening when staying away from food groups for awhile then having them again and the taste being different than you remember?

I think that would be really interesting to hear from everyone.

My wife and I both went about this transfer from old dietary habits to new ones in a sorta strange way. We would tend to binge, or become enamored
by a particular food item, while shifting everything else toward a more healthy blend. This binging would last about a week or two and once we
were finished we were done with that item. In the beginning we were heavy on granola, and oddly, peanut brittle... dropped those and moved to
yogurt (had up to five of the bigger tubs in the frig at one time) then from there on to home made oatmeal cookies (that period lasted a bit longer :^)
... went through a cheese phase... while all the time in the background dropping items that no longer fit with what we were learning to be healthy.

Once we dropped an item we almost never went back... it was like flaming-out on a particular substance due to over exposure.

The only thing we've returned to, and on a very limited basis is meat... but in the long run I can see that as tenuous. Particularly after reading
incredible articles like this:

http://www.rawfoodlife.com/Articles___Research/Science_of_Raw_v__Cooked/science_of_raw_v__cooked.htm

Returning to meat for this spell is quite interesting... just like with everything else the taste of meat now is just as profound! We're using
grass feed, organically grown, non anti-biotic varieties so on that level we're feeling okay... and Dr Mercola (one of our online resources) has suggested
moderate use of such raised meats is acceptable...

This is probably the only food stuff that we've returned to and it probably will fade-out quite naturally again over time.. meat is just too complicated to
continue on with comfortably... but for the time being we're deeply enjoying it... :^)
Old 04-01-2012, 07:32 PM
DebbyM

Excellent article Stephen. Thanks for sharing it. I've bookmarked it for re-reading because there is just too much there to absorb the whole thing in one sitting. As I was reading it, I was just amazed at the fact that humans don't have more medical problems given the average North American diet.

I watched a video a few days ago that was about a woman (a doctor) who was diagnosed with MS. There came a point where she was confined to one of those slanted wheel chairs because she could no longer even sit up by herself. No speech as well. So she started researching and ultimately changed her diet. Pretty much restricted her intake to fresh fruits and veggies and a slight amount of animal protein, but absolutely nothing processed. No grains as well. After eating this way for 9 months, she completed an 18 mile bicycle ride. Of course it was progressive, small improvements all along the way, sitting up unaided, walking with two canes, then one, and so on. And just consider this, that in my 56 years, except for when I was pregnant (at which point my doctor just reminded me to up my fruit and veggie intake a bit), not once has a doctor ever said to me, "what is your diet like?". How sad that that isn't even a consideration for most doctors.

Anyway, thanks for sharing that article.

As for bizarre tastes mentioned by WingsofIsis, I used to enjoy a sip of my husbands pop once in a while, but can't tolerate it now and I've recently noticed that dark chocolate is beginning to be weird. It must be that ones taste buds on average are so numbed by bad food choices, that we become used to those things and even develop an appetite for them, but when you start cleaning things up, the 'buds' revive.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 AM
silent whisper

Thankyou Stephen K..for this reminder. I am very aware of this space and discovery and loved your feedback. I agree its a very powerful and wonderful dietry change to step into and embrace. I am a strong believer in the over acidic body causing illness....thankyou again.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:25 PM
StephenK

Thank you silent whisper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
Excellent article Stephen. Thanks for sharing it. I've bookmarked it for re-reading because there is just too much there to absorb the whole thing in one sitting. As I was reading it, I was just amazed at the fact that humans don't have more medical problems given the average North American diet.

Amen!!! I watch people coming out of McDonalds with their kids and when you consider what they've all just thrown into their system, and
they'll do similar that night, and then similar the next day, and then similar for years to come, it's astounding that they manage to make it as long as
they do! Though they're bodies are indeed shouting at them! Through a steady stream of illnesses (so common they're considered normal) through
severe overweight, through skin disruptions, depression, and then the heavies like cancer, organ failures, and, (like the story you posted) MS. A bad diet
makes for a very bumpy ride... and when we approach the end of our natural lives it makes for a truly ugly departure...as much as a decade of
uncomfortable if not horrific symptoms... my wife being a nurse in a hospital for some years have seen her share of the consequences of poor diet...

Our bodies must think that we're absolutely nuts! It keeps telling us we're wandering far afield of what's workable and instead of addressing the issue
we take pills in the hopes of smothering the symptoms. This is like trying to put a large blanket over a tsunami warning siren, in order to silence it so we
can go back to sleep!

Now, from most everything I'm reading, the body will make-do with whatever we put into it... if there's trace elements available they're grab
those, if there's organics that are usable they'll squeeze those out as well, homeostasis is amazing and quite fluid and versatile, but it obviously has
it's limits, and with the western diet, being what it is, we're shoving those limits to the edge of what's possible! So unless we evolved quickly to
handle a high acid diet, one thin if not devoid of live energy and active nutrients, one loaded with toxins both from cooking/processing, additives
and sprays in the field.... then we're clearly treading dangerous ground...and from what I'm seeing along the street, in the stores and
all around me daily, the stream of damages from, this disconnect, is well underway!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:11 PM
StephenK

Here's an illuminating read about Louis Pasteur that I've only just started, (I'm currently home from work for lunch :^) but am already intrigued by
the implications! It seems that modern medicine may have been built on a lie... and this was already known back in 1942! Gerson wasn't alone at the time!

The Dream & Lie of Louis Pasteur by R. B. Pearson (originally Pasteur, Plagiarist, Imposter 1942)

<snip>

The rest of the book:
http://www.whale.to/a/b/pearson.html

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-01-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Master
That sounds very interesting ~ something I'd like to check out ~ but then I'm thinking about the doc years ago that went mad trying to convince his colleagues they needed to wash their hands before performing surgeries and/or delivering babies. What about that? How does that fit in with what is now being said by Gerson about the germs and all?

Old 06-01-2012, 03:49 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
That sounds very interesting ~ something I'd like to check out ~ but then I'm thinking about the doc years ago that went mad trying to convince his colleagues they needed to wash their hands before performing surgeries and/or delivering babies. What about that? How does that fit in with what is now being said by Gerson about the germs and all?

I'm only about half way through this last book that I linked to and so far he's managed to give Louis Pasteur a sound drubbing... after reading this my
impression of Louis has gone from respectfully impressed with as an historical figure to now that of a showman, plagiarizer and dullard...
Louis Pasteur sounds like a first class sleaze maggot... clearly the author doesn't like the man..! :^)

Gerson's primary focus was on healing the body and not being distracted by attempting to attack a disease. His primary assumption, and he had the
cases to back him up, was that the body possesses an innate ability to heal itself if given the right nutrients, while, at the same time, actively
being cleansed of unwanted toxins.

While modern medicine views the process as the result of an invading army, and fires chemicals at the mix in the hope they'll hit the spot. They
don't work in harmony/holistically with the body, they treat it as a thing to be conquered.

When we see a disease in process there's another avenue of thought about this that's intriguing to explore. That is, that a body that's truly healthy
would not be vulnerable to such a thing taking place. And that to address it we need to spend less time on the disease itself and more time on healing
the body and bringing it back to it's full potential. Once the body is healed then the disease will be addressed by the body itself. A disease can only
occur within a body that's already compromised.

Take a look at this video of blood that's been treated with the Goji berry juice. The doctor is getting pretty bizarre and impressive results, but what
I'm focusing on here is the original condition of the blood at the beginning of the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NVxC2iBpec

Now a person walking around who appears to be healthy may actually be living within a compromised system like this one. There's a lot of hidden
damage that's not outwardly discernible. So a person in this condition may end up getting sick and it would seem like the illness occurred from
contracting an invading bug from outside the system. And indeed part of this may actually be the case... but would the bug be able to proliferate if
the system was truly healthy and intact.

He's another link to read that goes into some detail of what's actually going on within our system. While reading the page you can actually gain a feel for
the gradients of health, from healthy to potential host.

http://www.rawfoodlife.com/how_raw_food_alkalizes_you.html

Assuming you had time to go over this stuff :^) lets now address your example above. Firstly not every woman would become infected by the
dirty doctors habits. However the exposure to this dirty doctor would put any woman who's at risk to the test. I asked my wife this morning if she
knew much about this and as expected she did (my dearest is a genius! :^) The problem here is with strep B. It's not uncommon to find strep B living in
the vagina of many women. Evidently it's not a huge issue otherwise we'd be hearing about outbreaks all the time. But what happens in childbirth is
the heavy introduction of fresh blood. My wife called this blood an Auger.. a growing medium for the Strep. Strep multiplies incredibly fast in this
medium! So the doctor gets exposed, doesn't wash, and then carries this critter onto the next woman.

And here's the qualifier.... is the woman is in such a state that leaves here open and vulnerable to the introduction of this bug? If she is generally
compromised then the bug may find plenty to feed off of, if she isn't then the bug would be naturally contained. The problem on the surface appears
to be the bug itself, but it may be the body in a weekend condition that then serves as a prime host for this little bug to feed on and grow.

Bacteria eats and excretes... so not only are we dealing with the occurrence of the bacteria but we're also confronting that added weight of
it's excretions.

So the bacteria's presence then "becomes" the problem but it was the woman's compromised system in the first place that provided the food that
it needed to thrive.

This way of looking at it takes some getting used to, and that's what I'm enjoying about your question. I'm trying to wrap my head around this as
well... we're so conditioned to think of the bug as the thing.. when it's likely to be far more complex than that.. and the perfect tool for dealing with
that complexity would be the innate integrity and built-in tools of a healthy and vibrant body itself.... :^)
Old 06-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Master
Thank you, that really helps explain so much! And it's easy to see...although it shows that people have been eating in such a way as to compromise their health long before MickyD's came along, lol...what made women back in that time so compromised? Did they really eat that poorly even then?