Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Well to be offended, I'd say is to perceive or imagine that one's person-identity is being attacked , directly or indirectly.

Quote:
1. Disagreeable to the senses: an offensive odor.
2. Causing anger, displeasure, resentment, or affront: an offensive gesture.

I shouldn't logically feel hurt it you don't like my coffee flavor , opinion or taste in pizza, though many of us fail to distinguish between a personal attack or a challenge to a belief-taste.

However , our online persona-reputation-image is at stake here, as well.
So this complicates matters immensely.

I expect street gangs have suffered fatalities over implied-unspoken insults of no import.
And this brings up intent.

If someone challenges ideas just to bait me , or challenges a poster in "my" thread to create unwelcome debate,,... their intent is antagonistic and IMO deliberately disruptive.
Many threads ARE intended as debates, yet many are not, but seek instead to connect with those of similar mind-similar experience, and learn from one another.

SF isn't myspace, and one would hope folks over 12 recognize when a "serious" exchange is occurring, and respect the OP's intent, and the tone of a thread. If one cannot contribute something positive, they'd be better off starting their own topic.

No doubt many here view SF as an alternative to a video game or TV cop show. As entertainment. Yet many more truly care to learn,share,exchange,grow.

Perhaps we need a couple forums -headings devoted to politically incorrect rants, offensive debate or virtual mud wrestling.

Quote:
1. Disagreeable to the senses: an offensive odor.

That reminds me I do need some deodorant *brings out note book and pen. Whilst I have my note book in hand, could you please show me in list form: what you favorite coffee is, and what is your favorite pizza. *Looks up expectantly.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 04-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadley
Hi there, my name is Chadley. (giggles)

I've been a member for a while and I've both watched and participated in many heated discussions on this forum and sometimes feelings even get hurt or people get upset or plain offended.

If anyone will join me, I'd like to talk specifically about the reaction caused by "being offended". I'd like to see if anyone here would say that the state of consciousness of, "being offended" is self-chosen or purely involuntary, or somewhere in between.

The reason i ask this, is because often excellent discussions are marred by the reaction of some of its participants.

When looking inside for deeper meaning, and then bravely communicating it, it can be hard to take if someone challenges your beliefs or ideas. And sometimes, even if your momma does wear army boots, its still difficult to admit, even to yourself.

What if we tried to, as often as we can, look inside when we are offended?

My other question is, When seeking the truth, is it really relevant whether or not someone's post is insulting? Is it possible to look beyond the insults and focus on the merit of the statements made themselves?

It is my position that with a few deep breaths and a bit of discipline and practice, it is possible to avoid the nasty little state of consciousness that is, "being offended".

Whadda yuh tink, huh?

Chadley.

The very moment one becomes offended, they are demonstrating an unconscious reaction from an identify in place which believes it is separate from others to begin with. How else can you become offended. There is no choice there.

Relevance, good or bad, is there for the one that makes it so. If you take that moment to go deeper, and you truly see the transparency in recognizing the ignorance in handing over so much power to someone else, then bad relevance is not there and becomes mute.. and good relevance falls in line with that present peace which is now established
Old 06-12-2012, 03:33 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkade
Yes, we do experience in part, though perhaps never truly as a whole. Yet we simply are unable to experience the whole of everything. We can expand our awareness and even share our being with the Divine, yet, we are limited in any given moment by our capacity to do so. The Divine too is limited by how much that he/she is able to share with our being, because of our limited capacity. Yet there is a merging occurring, a Divine sharing in our meditations and through our daily lives.

It is wonderful is it not? What is your take on this, this sharing and merging of our being?
I do not sense/experience the distinction you seem to describing, between the human and what some label the 'Divine'.. similarly, i place no limitations on the capacity of consciousness, i just keep paying attention..

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkade
It was more of a feeling than reason. Is it not so?
I have no evidence that suggests it is not so, and few are more skeptical or critical of my understandings than me.. due to the subjectivity of an observer's understanding, and their own history of actual experience, we may be using similar words, but understanding different 'meanings'.. and sometimes, people simply don't care for the way i use language, they prefer descriptions that fit their understandings..

Be well..