Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 12-06-2011, 06:16 AM
Master
I agree job well done.
Spiritlite.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:41 PM
surrendertotheflow

Thanks guys!! I tried to get him to sleep on the bed with me, he liked it when I held him and pet him, he purred a lot. But after a while, he got restless and hopped down and went back into hiding, only to start crying again. Yes, I agree, I think he misses his mum. He kept hearing birds outside and he kept meowing to them, louder and louder as if he was trying to get her to hear him.

So I grabbed him a few times, but he kept going under my bed, so I just let him stay there and cry. I kept talking to him telling him I understood and everything was going to be okay and that he was safe, until I drifted off to sleep... over and over again, as he did this all night, poor thing.

This morning I found him and tried to feed him more, he ate a little, but I think he just doesn't have the appetite because he misses his mom. I wrapped him up in a blanket and held him and caressed his head, and he liked that a lot. Sat with me for a good 15 minutes.

I put him in a big basket I have in my room, so that I can find him (he is really good at hiding) But I don't think he'll stay in there. I think he can get out if he tries hard enough. I am going to end up with cat poop all over my room I'm sure.

I just feel so bad for the little guy. I know in time, he will come around. I just hope he continues to eat. He hasn't drank anything, but at least the food is wet.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:42 PM
surrendertotheflow

awww my sister said he fell asleep under the blanket in the basket! Good, I hope he feels safe!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:56 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrendertotheflow
awww my sister said he fell asleep under the blanket in the basket! Good, I hope he feels safe!

Surrender...

He needs to be socialized. Do you have a long scarf that you can make into a baby sling? Carry him around in the sling while you are home and during his naps. This will help calm him and help him bond with you. The rest of your family should spend time holding him too. Have you taken him to the vets to be checked out and dewormed yet? He should be dewormed as soon as you can get it done. I've rescued feral kittens and they are full of parasites. Our cat, Patches (a feral rescue) had to be dewormed 3 times. She's 6 years old now and still a little skittish. She gets startled easily, but she was well socialized by my daughter... My daughter held her constantly. From the time she woke up in the morning, she would cuddle her and when she came home from school, she would get Patches and settle down on her big floor pillow for cuddles while she watched TV.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Master
Surrender, i don't know how old your kitten is but if he's not drinking or eating anything he might not yet be weaned so you might want to get a syringe and some kitten replacement forumla. i recommend Esbilac. i've used Esbilac with kittens and the puppy formula with squirrel pups. the sling is a good idea. babies need that body warmth comfort.

oh and if he's very young, not weaned and he doesn't poop you'll need to stimulate him to do so by taking a warm damp rag and stroking him "down there". constipation can kill.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:47 PM
surrendertotheflow

Thanks guys. I got him to eat, I've taken care of abandoned baby kittens before, I just never had to socialize them before. so, thank you for the advice! i am going to try that :)
Old 12-06-2011, 08:38 PM
surrendertotheflow

Well, he's been sitting in his blankey all day on my lap. He'll poke his head out every now and then, but he likes it in there, he feels safe when he's completely covered. He's been sleeping most of the day, little cutie pie. I got him to eat a little more, but I let him down again and he just found a corner and hid. So keeping him hidden on my lap is the best thing I guess. He's getting used to the noises of the house that way, I hope!
Old 12-06-2011, 09:28 PM
nightowl

Sounds like your doing a wonderful job!

nightowl
Old 12-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Master
Sounds like you're doing amazing, bless you for looking after him and for taking such good care of him, he will make a nice cat :)
Spiritlite.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:56 PM
iolite

Do you have a cat crate that you take the door off and turn into a cozy hide away with soft towels? You'll find that he'll start going in there to get away and sleep when he's alone. If you could order some Bach's Rescue Remedy, you could put a drop of it in his water, so every time he took a drink, he'd be getting some of it. The Rescue Remedy is good for trauma and anxiety.