Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 20-08-2020, 03:23 AM
Master
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
My understanding also is that the Bahai's "do have a problem with the supernatural" and explain that as saying that "we are not meant to understand that at this time".

While they claim to accept the teachings of ALL messengers, I have never heard them quote anything from the Judaic-Christian Bible.

Also, it is not clear how they recognize "messengers" so I cannot rule out mistaking an anti-Christ for a "messenger". I don't know enough to comment on that one.

Something you might want to look at is 1844: Convergence in Prophecy in Judaism, Christianity, Islam and the Baha’i Faith is probably one of the most inspiring Bahai books available.

1844 was an important year in North America and Europe when the Millerite movement flourished. Hard to believe, such diverse religions such as Seventh Day Adventist and Jehovah's Witnesses were birthed from the Millerites. The author pinned 1844 as a pivotal year for convergence of beliefs. You can read it here http://infinity.wecabrio.com/1732106...m-christia.pdf

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-08-2020, 01:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The Old Testament and New Testament are full of ' Supernatural '.

' Manifold are the verses that have been repeatedly revealed in all the heavenly Books and the holy Scriptures,..."[23] (Bahá'u'lláh)

"You must know the Old and New Testaments as the Word of God"[24] ('Abdu'l-Bahá)

"Surely the Bible is the book of God"[25] ('Abdu'l-Bahá) '

You will find lots of Biblical Quotes in Bahai's Scriptures.....

I have often noticed that what people say is not necessarily what they actually practice.
Old 20-08-2020, 01:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Something you might want to look at is 1844: Convergence in Prophecy in Judaism, Christianity, Islam and the Baha’i Faith is probably one of the most inspiring Bahai books available.

1844 was an important year in North America and Europe when the Millerite movement flourished. Hard to believe, such diverse religions such as Seventh Day Adventist and Jehovah's Witnesses were birthed from the Millerites. The author pinned 1844 as a pivotal year for convergence of beliefs. You can read it here http://infinity.wecabrio.com/1732106...m-christia.pdf

I couldn't get the link to work but I did notice that the author of the book is a Baha'i, Eileen Maddocks.

Have you read the book? Is it objective? The Baha'i faith seems to be an improvement over some aspects of the Abrahamic religions.

I'm wondering if you could elaborate more on your position that the book was "inspiring".
Old 20-08-2020, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Still Waters.,

No specific comment in regards to Baha'i but general comments in regards to any and all religions. I have observed and I suspect that there are genuine spiritual people in all religions but they are difficult to notice. The reason is that they have been successful in subduing their egos. They do not draw attention to themselves because they allow others their freedom, however errant it might appear, and avoid judgement of others. They do not present themselves as targets for criticism by others knowing that pursuing criticism is spiritually detrimental to others.

Although I responded to this post before, I went back to re-read it since there is a lot of wisdom in which you wrote.

I tend to question when contradictions arise, but realize that "cognitive dissonance" often interferes with objectivity among those who "just believe" and it is indeed often best to just remain silent. Nonetheless, it's sometimes hard to remain silent when someone misrepresents a religion as being more accepting of diversity than it actually is.
Old 20-08-2020, 04:38 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Although I responded to this post before, I went back to re-read it since there is a lot of wisdom in which you wrote.

I tend to question when contradictions arise, but realize that "cognitive dissonance" often interferes with objectivity among those who "just believe" and it is indeed often best to just remain silent. Nonetheless, it's sometimes hard to remain silent when someone misrepresents a religion as being more accepting of diversity than it actually is.

Still Water,

A side note to my initial post.....your nickname again....:) Probably selected intentionally but it sticks in my head....still waters run deep.....it implies IMO depth with subtlety.

"Enlightenment for a wave in the ocean is the moment the wave realizes it is water".....Thich Nhat Hahn. Our search is largely a quest for our essential Self. There are many things, including waves, that are a distraction and are false signals. Keep working from your depth...:)
Old 21-08-2020, 05:02 AM
Master
Quote:
I couldn't get the link to work but I did notice that the author of the book is a Baha'i, Eileen Maddocks.

Have you read the book? Is it objective? The Baha'i faith seems to be an improvement over some aspects of the Abrahamic religions.

I'm wondering if you could elaborate more on your position that the book was "inspiring".

I have only read pieces of the book.

As for the author, her mother was a Millerite. She claims 1844 was a year religions began converging.

From the Millerites came the Seventh Day Adventists and from the Seventh Day Adventist came Jehovah's Wirnesses.

The parts I read were very interesting.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 21-08-2020, 05:55 AM
Master
Quote:

As for the author, her mother was a Millerite. She claims 1844 was a year religions began converging.

From the Millerites came the Seventh Day Adventists and from the Seventh Day Adventist came Jehovah's Wirnesses.

' Something you might want to look at is 1844: Convergence in Prophecy in Judaism, Christianity, Islam and the Baha’i Faith is probably one of the most inspiring Bahai books available '

If you haven't read ' Every book available ' it would be difficult to state it's probably one of the most inspiring books available....

There are so many Books available on various Religions it would be impossible to read them all, I personally find association with the followers if possible is more beneficial than any book.

You will know them by their fruits.
Old 21-08-2020, 05:59 AM
Master
Quote:
I have often noticed that what people say is not necessarily what they actually practice.

You will know them by their fruits

Sometimes we try to practice what we preach but ' Life ' gets in the way....
Old 21-08-2020, 09:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Still Water,

A side note to my initial post.....your nickname again....:) Probably selected intentionally but it sticks in my head....still waters run deep.....it implies IMO depth with subtlety.

"Enlightenment for a wave in the ocean is the moment the wave realizes it is water".....Thich Nhat Hahn. Our search is largely a quest for our essential Self. There are many things, including waves, that are a distraction and are false signals. Keep working from your depth...:)

That was EXACTLY what was in my mind when I picked the username "Still_Waters" ("Still waters run deep.")
Old 21-08-2020, 09:23 PM
Master
Quote:

I was able to read part of the book via the "Look Inside" feature on the Amazon.com site. Parts of it are interesting.

Thank you!