Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 22-05-2012, 07:12 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
It would be nice if there was a mediumship convention held where the best of the best came and demonstrates their gift.. I would be the first one there if it were close..lol.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

I would be right by your side,Toolite.

Deepsea
Old 22-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Administrator
Hey Starfish,

Deepsea has a very inquisitive mind always wanting to know how things work etc etc etc, i say this as she is a friend of mine.leslie flint was an excellent medium reading his books, but with all of us even though some of us are mediums already, we always looking for validation or proof if you like there is nothing wrong with that.

Namaste
Old 23-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Absolutetrip

DeepSea,
You live in the UK? If so Albert Findlay College teaches courses on physical mediumship. I think AFC is in Essex. A few of my teachers studied there and teach there and if you want to see PM that is the place. PM exists some do it naturally. Look up Alec Harris, Gordon Higginson they were pretty amazing PM's. A teacher of mine who teaches classes here in the US and also teaches a PM class at AFC his name is Lionel Owen. Awesome teacher and one of the most tuned mediums I have ever been privileged to be around.
Old 23-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutetrip
DeepSea,
You live in the UK? If so Albert Findlay College teaches courses on physical mediumship. I think AFC is in Essex. A few of my teachers studied there and teach there and if you want to see PM that is the place. PM exists some do it naturally. Look up Alec Harris, Gordon Higginson they were pretty amazing PM's. A teacher of mine who teaches classes here in the US and also teaches a PM class at AFC his name is Lionel Owen. Awesome teacher and one of the most tuned mediums I have ever been privileged to be around.

Im curious what did you see happen?

Old 23-05-2012, 08:32 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Hey Starfish,

Deepsea has a very inquisitive mind always wanting to know how things work etc etc etc, i say this as she is a friend of mine.leslie flint was an excellent medium reading his books, but with all of us even though some of us are mediums already, we always looking for validation or proof if you like there is nothing wrong with that.

Namaste

I'm just plain nosy,Native Spirit....
i do like to know this and that....
Deepsea
Old 24-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I'm just plain nosy,Native Spirit....
i do like to know this and that....
Deepsea

the humbleness that you have is something to admire.lol.. I wonder if I will get to that level in this lifetime but, I am working on it..lol..

Old 25-05-2012, 05:41 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
the humbleness that you have is something to admire.lol.. I wonder if I will get to that level in this lifetime but, I am working on it..lol..

I've found in this world,Toolite,the only way to find out anything is to ask,ask and ask.
As Native Spirit has found out....

Deepsea
Old 25-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I've found in this world,Toolite,the only way to find out anything is to ask,ask and ask.
As Native Spirit has found out....

Deepsea

yes that makes sense alot of times when I ask im closing gaps or I want to see the differences in individuals which is most interesting to me.. Like a person can see spiritually but, the see a different way or Spirit presents things to them a different way.. its just interesting..

Old 25-05-2012, 07:04 PM
deepsea

Yes,mediums and pyschics have a different way of presentation in giving messages.
Could depend on their guide or who ever they are in touch with at the time.
Also depends on what kind of message they are giving.
So many ways....
Deepsea
Old 25-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Guide
truth

In the 90s I was in a spiritualist church and there was an old man speaking, and we telling us all about his experiences in the twenties in a circle. He talked about alports and ectoplasm etc

I believed him. I have experienced many things spiritually, and although I haven't experienced these two things I believe the gentleman to very sincere. I asked then why it was that physical meduimship has seemed to have died out. He said that there was two reasons why this has happened. First reason: electoplasm is influenced by electicity (The idea has popped into my head that possibly close high level magnetic fields could also influence it.) He said that back in the twenties many houses didnt have electricity, and so therefore could not negatively impact the ectoplasm. The second reason: It is because spirit had already explored every means to be able to bring physical meduimship to the fore. We have to look at the reason why the physical meduimship or indeed any meduimship occurs. Namely, the proof of life after death. Please take a look at the past evidence of life after death. There are many thousands, perhaps even millions of evidience for it, and in so many different ways too.

When I look at the evidence for the proof of life after death (physical or mental meduimship) it really quite incredible. I mean one mediuum was rapped up in chains, bound in every conscievable way, and yet still he produced physical meduimship. The scientist at the time had to concede that it was real . Then as time went on, other scientists looked at it the evidence and came to conclusion that there were still ways that the meduim could have cheated. To be honest, I think the ability to cheat under those conditions would be a feat more miraculous than meduimship.

I will never forget about the case of the woman that lived in a remote village. She said that she was being taken over by a spirit, and then she began to write. She wrote a book in about five days. The scientists took a look at it and didnt believe it. They said she must have already known how to write. Even today that book is considered an amazing piece of writing. Incidently, I have been trying to write a book for the last 20 years and it is not an easy thing to do. Anyway, they asked for more proof, so the next time that she went into a trance she wrote another book, this time she wrote it backwards, and if I remember rightly, it was about a person who had died on a cross the very same time as Jesus. It was about his life. It was widely acclaimed as a master piece, and historians had wondered how this person could have known how the people spoke back then, because it so accurately portrayed the idiosyncrasys of that era. They were still not convinced. hen she did it again, this time she wrote two books backwards, from the end to the beginning.

Sorry, things are getting a bit silly really. The proof of phsycal meduimship was just as extensive.

One of the problems that exists is that there are organisations at there which do not want the truth of life after death to be embraced by the population at large. It is true to say that if life after death was excepted, and if people all over the country, and the world, connected with the world beyond, the world of spirit, the world of truth, then no secret would be safe. Think about it. The power of group consiousness is immense. Think of world war two, think of the german people, they were all thinking and believeing in one way of thought, and look what happened. It almost changed the course of world history, and possible of human evolution. I wonder what would happen if people all joined together for the higher good. And instead of fear as the motivating force, it could be love. Look at the immense changes for good that could do! All of the manipulative organisations would be like a house of cards, they would all tumble, all control would be lost.

If the population of the world excepted and actively sort communication daily with the spirit world, then over night the world would change and become a better place for everyone not just the few.

So before people start getting all "Here comes another conspiracy nut" just stop and acknowledge just what are the ramifications of why most television program tries desperatly to disprove life after death. Oh my goodness: "this program is for entertainment value only" how dare they try to tell me in what way I am going to percieve a television programme.

Fact: It has been proved. The evidence is in abundance. Psychology is recognised as a science, even in the early 30s it was recognised as respectable endevour, and we most definetly base even our laws on some of its ideas, yet some of its observations and experiements are suspect, cergtainly inconclusive. This is simple because its choosen study is the mind. Yet with every scientific experiement,there is always one common denominator, and that is the human mind. We percieve. A thousand scientist could prove life after death, but if it isnt able to put out there to the general population then we would be none the wiser, it could also be surpressed.

Another point is, we could prove it tomorrow but then as the years went by would not people poke holes in the procedures. I am not knocking it. But think about this: even if it was proven scientifically, it would still be secondary information.

Secondary information.

Now then, let me give you two different scenarios.

I percieved a spirit, it came up to me and talked to me for an hour and half. This I would think of as being something known in my experience.

I read in a book and watch on the television how the world is round. This is secondary information. Which is believable? Of course both are believable, but the way in which I came to the conclusion that they were both truth was different.

Then God comes up to me and says "hey guess what!" one of those experiences is untrue.

Which one would I then except as true. For me I would have to choose the one that I know in my experience. Baring in mind that no drug taking occured (hehehe)

You see what I mean. If a person says this or that and backs it up wit a thousand pieces of evidence. If you have not known that thing in your experience then you can not know it for sure. In fact, it is the case that even to know something in your experience is not for certain. But there is a point, I feel you must agree, when something comes into the range of reasonably probable.

I know that many people will think this post is a long one. But it took me just half hour to write out. So for me it was (*wink)

Peace to you all