Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy
This is only a projection of how i feel inside sometimes and is'nt reality,
How you feel inside is going to be far more instrumental in whether you take heroin than 'reality'. And feeling depressed and anxiety are also problems, right?

Quote:
To answer your question, yes i would still have a problem, that is untill i am projecting a greater reality for myself.
So what stops you?
Old 19-01-2012, 02:06 PM
MrNiceGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
How you feel inside is going to be far more instrumental in whether you take heroin than 'reality'.

Never looked at it that way.

Quote:
And feeling depressed and anxiety are also problems, right?

Yeh, I have a constant battle trying to reason with depressive thoughts and have high anxiety which manifests in many ways.

Quote:
So what stops you?

I'm trying to figure this out, I can't seem to move on untill I understand why I feel the way I do or have a solution.
Old 28-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
I'm trying to figure this out
So what did you figure out? It's probably bad emotions btw.

Found this rather epic Mono live performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb7QgwT6dbI
Old 28-01-2012, 10:36 AM
MrNiceGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
Found this rather epic Mono live performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb7QgwT6dbI

Great link that was pretty epic, never heard nothing like it, i never expected the lady on the piano to get of and start rocking the guitar lol

Quote:
So what did you figure out? It's probably bad emotions btw

Yeh your right, the thing is when you come of drugs you do feel very emotional, this and the fact it takes most people to hit rock bottom in order to make the change and not to forget the chemical imbalance it's no wonder i felt so bad. Looking back to the start of this thread i'm in a differant place now, drug and alcohol free still smoking like a trooper but we have to walk before we can run lol

I figured out theres nothing to figure out, because i have the tendancy to ruminate this stops me from moving farward, focusing on the problem only makes it hard to see the solution though lifes not a problem/solution situation like i see it sometimes it's all a work in progress, a series of realizations, this opens things up a bit and i dont feel blocked looking for imaginary solutions to old problems anymore.

Theres been a shift of consciousness i feel so i'm on a bit of a journey just now discovering what makes me tick and i'm enjoying it, i am more aware of negative thought patterns now and i'm starting to question everything i think or feel, good or bad, this is giving me all kinds of insight. I have my sense of wonder back this is what fuels me now
Old 28-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Master
Substance abuse/addiction changes brain chemistry and it takes literall a couple years clean/sober for the brain to get back to normal. This is the harsh reality . True recovery is a long road, a lifestyle , but it can be done .
Coming out from underneath the haze and weight of addiction can be utterly transforming , but it takes some work , and some grace . I have great empathy for anyone who is addicted or recovering. At the same time, anyone addicted and using is simply not completely capable of normal, rational thought or decision-making processes ; it's a neurological impossibility . I know firsthand what a deep abyss it is and what an epic battle it is to survive . It takes all the effort you put into using and more, to dig out of it . I can also say with certainty that there is nothing that any drug can ever give an addict that compares to a clear head and an unburdened soul . Hnag in there ,MNG , it will all be worth it someday , maybe soon. Keep listening !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7LdJP0lE0g
DS
Old 28-01-2012, 11:26 AM
MrNiceGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
Substance abuse/addiction changes brain chemistry and it takes literall a couple years clean/sober for the brain to get back to normal. This is the harsh reality . True recovery is a long road, a lifestyle , but it can be done .

Yeh defo, i was talking with my support worker yesterday about this, my work has only started i wont feel truely recoverd untill i have surpassed my typical relapse timeframe by many months. In the meantime i have lots of changes to make, bridges to burn etc etc

Quote:
Coming out from underneath the haze and weight of addiction can be utterly transforming , but it takes some work , and some grace . I have great empathy for anyone who is addicted or recovering. At the same time, anyone addicted and using is simply not completely capable of normal, rational thought or decision-making processes ; it's a neurological impossibility . I know firsthand what a deep abyss it is and what an epic battle it is to survive . It takes all the effort you put into using and more, to dig out of it . I can also say with certainty that there is nothing that any drug can ever give an addict that compares to a clear head and an unburdened soul . Hnag in there ,MNG , it will all be worth it someday , maybe soon. Keep listening !

DS

Great music, i'm going through some of your pieces as i speak, quite an artistic bunch on SF
Old 28-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Sungirl

MrNiceGuy

I have never been where you are so I can't offer any advice... but I really really hope you get through this, find yourself and learn to love it.

I'm a compulsive eater and I am still working on learning that overeating solves nothing after the initial warm glow it gives me, in fact it makes me hate myself more....

Good luck my friend, the light never goes out in the tunnel, we just are blind to it at times. Keep walking, the light will reappear.
Old 28-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Yeh defo, i was talking with my support worker yesterday about this, my work has only started i wont feel truely recoverd untill i have surpassed my typical relapse timeframe by many months. In the meantime i have lots of changes to make, bridges to burn etc etc

Great music, i'm going through some of your pieces as i speak, quite an artistic bunch on SF

Yeah, Bill's The Man. Good timing snagging the link to my stuff !. I edited it out almost right away (not sure why) , but you got it first. I guess it was just for you today . Maybe try some Brian Eno too...

Dar
Old 28-01-2012, 12:21 PM
MrNiceGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
Yeah, Bill's The Man. Good timing snagging the link to my stuff !. I edited it out almost right away (not sure why) , but you got it first. I guess it was just for you today . Maybe try some Brian Eno too...

Dar

Hey thats crazy you mention Brian Eno, i was gonna thank AlternateCarpark for turning me onto him, so yeh thanks AC

Last couple of days i been listning to Brian Eno With Daniel Lanois & Roger Eno – Apollo - Atmospheres & Soundtracks, it's fantastic, i particularly love An Ending (Ascent)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMXaE9NtQgg Beautifull !!

edit - Dar, don't be shy to share your music, it's art
Old 28-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Sungirl

something I can throw in is that I have been working with a recovering alcoholic and hash addict with crystal healing. She has done 90% of the work but I am sure the crystals have helped her too.

Also, my crystal teacher managed to get some heroin addicts clean in 7 days, then with ongoing support had a lot of success at them staying clean. If you are open to energy healing it might be worth having a go... firstly it clears out the gunk that the drugs leave in your aura, then it heals the tears in your aura and finally supports you to create new ways of living so you don't need the support of your "drug"