Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 05-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Love&Light

Hi guys! Thanks again for all your help!

I think I know whats happened, a certain group of people who I would LOVE to name right here on this forum have deliberately done something to my thinking...I believe they've done it to sabotage my relationship with my Guardian Angel.... there's a chance that they will read this..all I'll say for now is that I KNOW who you are!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love&Light

Hi guys! Thanks again for all your help!

I think I know whats happened, a certain group of people who I would LOVE to name right here on this forum have deliberately done something to my thinking...I believe they've done it to sabotage my relationship with my Guardian Angel.... there's a chance that they will read this..all I'll say for now is that I KNOW who you are!
Every intention is not held and having no inkling as what entails angeliic gardianship only wishes as to the benefit of all beings is the heart of all intention which passes, and every wish is for the best of what will be, though knowing is at the discretion of the claimant, only good will is prevalant. Lest thee judge another.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Master
Well, as counterintuitive as it might sound, focus on those fears. Let the fear wash over you and examine the thought processess behind it. You can do this with any emotion or issue. When we push these issues aside we leave them lying around in the corners of our psyche to continue to undermine us. When we direct our conscious attention to the same emotions or issues we can start to get to the bottom of things.

Before you attempt this, you will need a very solid meditation technique, something you can fall back into to regain your equilibrium should things get overwhelming. The first step is to separate yourself from the fear. As it is washing over you and passing through you, recognize that it is not you. Once you have established this idea firmly, you can start to examine the fear. Where did it come from? Whose fear is it really? Usually fears of this nature go back to childhood. Were you a victim of some sort of abuse? This situation is representative of some deeper issue that you are being called upon to deal with at this time.

Why do you assume that theses women are in danger? Is this danger real or are you imagining it or blowing it out of proportion based on your own experiences or ideas? Granted the potential for danger is ever present, but what gives you the impression that these men are dangerous? More importantly, how is your own thought process contributing to that situation? If you hold firmly to the idea that someone will get hurt, you are making it that much more likely.

This process may take some time in the beginning, but like anything it takes some practice. If you would like some more basic techniques to help build a foundation, let me know, I would be happy to help. Basically the concept at work here is that our issues can't hide if we are paying attention to them. When a negative thought enters your mind during meditation, don't push it away. Rather, confront it immediately, identify it, determine the best way to deal with it, and move on.

With Love,
athribiristan
Old 11-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Love&Light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7WFq17NxWA
Old 20-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Love&Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
Well, as counterintuitive as it might sound, focus on those fears. Let the fear wash over you and examine the thought processess behind it. You can do this with any emotion or issue. When we push these issues aside we leave them lying around in the corners of our psyche to continue to undermine us. When we direct our conscious attention to the same emotions or issues we can start to get to the bottom of things.

Before you attempt this, you will need a very solid meditation technique, something you can fall back into to regain your equilibrium should things get overwhelming. The first step is to separate yourself from the fear. As it is washing over you and passing through you, recognize that it is not you. Once you have established this idea firmly, you can start to examine the fear. Where did it come from? Whose fear is it really? Usually fears of this nature go back to childhood. Were you a victim of some sort of abuse? This situation is representative of some deeper issue that you are being called upon to deal with at this time.

Why do you assume that theses women are in danger? Is this danger real or are you imagining it or blowing it out of proportion based on your own experiences or ideas? Granted the potential for danger is ever present, but what gives you the impression that these men are dangerous? More importantly, how is your own thought process contributing to that situation? If you hold firmly to the idea that someone will get hurt, you are making it that much more likely.

This process may take some time in the beginning, but like anything it takes some practice. If you would like some more basic techniques to help build a foundation, let me know, I would be happy to help. Basically the concept at work here is that our issues can't hide if we are paying attention to them. When a negative thought enters your mind during meditation, don't push it away. Rather, confront it immediately, identify it, determine the best way to deal with it, and move on.

With Love,
athribiristan

Thanks for that athribiristan! It's very good what you've told me there, it is very helpful..thankyou!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:38 AM
The Wizard

It sounded like you were going the right way if you can already observe your thoughts or flashbacks without responding to it. I have always made it a priority to just be the observer and not the reactor of the minds operation once becoming detached. Always knowing that I am not that which I observe... I am just what is observing all of it.

In the concept of quieting the mind I have gathered this as basically stopping the process of thinking and reacting so much to the automaton program and just calmly observing it. The stuff that surfaces will dissappear for good if observed enough with no emotional responses or associations and once that distraction or mental junk is dissolved the good stuff presents itself- as of insight, solutions, truth, visions, mystical subconscious experiences, etc... But, that distractive stuff has to be observed out of existence with no judgment or response to get to the next level of the mind or self where the good stuff is usually hiding... well that's how I understand it for myself... IMO.
Old 16-05-2011, 10:43 AM
White Rabbit Australia

Invoking the Tempest

Quote:

Hi everyone!

I need your help!

Those who meditate talk of quieting their minds..

My own mind is a messy traumatised soup! haha

Basically I'm getting flashbacks or something...like unpleasant things are surfacing in my mind...from my past...even things i may have seen in magazines or on TV..

I understand Law Of Attraction..if I just consider the lillies so to speak, will this 'quieten' my mind so to speak?

What I'm hoping you can help me with is....maybe you've got your own techniques for quieting the mind? If so.. what are they?

I thankyou for your help in advance..

Hello, I'd like to offer you some help and share a technique I learned through an occult group many years ago. I've also seen it or something similar to it in the teachings by the Druids of Fildeheact and I've used it for many years.

Quietening the mind means quietening the soul. Remove yourself from distractions is the first part. And relax is the second part. I achieved this through Ba Dua Jin, a slow martial art breathing exercise that summons/stabilizes ones Chi. I hnoestly felt like I was floating after five minutes of it - you should be able to find instructions for it online - but failing that it can help to learn to breathe from your Tan Tien. I wont swamp you in details but it involves breathing upward from the lower abdomen filling the lungs and chest not expanding the belly like most normal breathing.

Another technique is to force the mind to be unable to scan through its clutter - breathe all the way out as you count to 4 in your head. hold your breath and count to 4. then inhale all the way in as you count to 4. and hold it as you count to 4. repeat. this famous technique prevents the mind from being able to do anything except focus on counting.

Once you are relaxed - you need to either maintain the 4 count or invoke the tempest. ITT means as you stand there, you remain conscious of the thoughts that jumble into your mind but you visualize the sound of wind and a barrier of imagined whirling blades that you use to cut through any idea the moment it tries to form so you can return to blank black space.

A combination or some practice of these techniques should help you achieve inner stillness.

WR
Old 16-05-2011, 05:33 PM
unus supra

interesting..

hey do me a favor. Take your awareness and place it on the tip of your index finger. Now take it and place it on the tip of your nose.

what you will notice, is that wherever you place your awareness, that spot comes alive. You can feel it. Think of your awareness as bieng sunlight and the spot you put it on as being the seed. Now in relation to your thoughts, if your awareness is on your thoughts, the thoughts and whatever train you are on at that moment will be pronounced. Most individuals who are not working on a practice of some sort, mistake the symbolism in their minds, the thoughts, as actually being reality, thus their awareness is always tied to it and their resultant processes.

In relation to meditation, thoughts are are trained by default as long as we are not consciously adding to them. In other words, you take your awareness and place it another object, your breath for instance, and over time because you are not feeding the seeds of your mind ie thoughts, they will begin to naturally diminish.

once concentration is strengthened we can go back to our thoughts, and unify our honed concentration with the insight of what a thought truly is.
which is a sound or shape or symbol that actually does not have a meaning.
This process will further diminish the thought process and allow you to bring that energy back to focus it elsewhere.

we go deeper still but this alone takes time and effort. be patient.

hope thats useful

kavon
Old 17-05-2011, 04:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Those who meditate talk of quieting their minds..

My own mind is a messy traumatised soup! haha

What I'm hoping you can help me with is....maybe you've got your own techniques for quieting the mind? If so.. what are they?

L&L... Trying to quiet the mind often gets us into struggle within our minds and doesn't really lead to quietness.

Instead, we can discover the quiet open space that is within and all around us already.

Here's a simple meditation practice that leads you into this space:

Three Steps into your true nature - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=32551#post32551

Xan

Old 08-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Nico

As Gem said, I think the breath is a great focus - whenever you notice your thoughts or are distracted you can simply come back to the breath. Counting the breaths helps to start off as well - and good luck with it!