Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Physical proof? That's impossible for spiritual phenomena, unless you have a genie in a bottle.

My Dear Chrysaetos, I am going to respectfully step back with my conversations with you.

Be at peace.
novaspirit
Old 07-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaspirit
My Dear Chrysaetos, I am going to respectfully step back with my conversations with you.

Be at peace.
novaspirit
Ok Novaspirit.
I was just trying to tell you that spirituality can't be proven through physics. You can experience it, but there's no physical proof, it's subjective.
Take care.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Ok Novaspirit.
I was just trying to tell you that spirituality can't be proven through physics. You can experience it, but there's no physical proof, it's subjective.

Take care.

Thank you Chrysaetos.

I think in parting thoughts here. I believe the closest science that comes to spirituality is String Theory. It is based on vibrations of energy which spirituality speaks a lot about. Science is not there yet, but eventually I believe that it can. I have faith in the human ingenuity.

See you around!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Ladofthelight

Is it not difficult to ask those dwelling in the three dimensional realm to prove the multi-dimensionality of "spirit"?

Last edited by Ladofthelight : 07-11-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaspirit
It is based on vibrations of energy which spirituality speaks a lot about. Science is not there yet, but eventually I believe that it can. I have faith in the human ingenuity.
Yes, but you have to understand that these terms are used in different ways. The New Age uses scientific terms and theories and then creates its own dogma around it. There's so much nonsense around on the internet, people are gullible enough to swallow it all up. And this includes so called changes in 2012, like alignments and cataclysms. It is all a quackery and a delusion.

Cheers.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, but you have to understand that these terms are used in different ways. The New Age uses scientific terms and theories and then creates its own dogma around it. There's so much nonsense around on the internet, people are gullible enough to swallow it all up. And this includes so called changes in 2012, like alignments and cataclysms. It is all a quackery and a delusion.

Cheers.

Nevertheless, everyone is entitled to believe that which they want to believe, whether or not it's what we think they should believe - and they are welcome here to talk about it, as long as they are not scaring or hurting anyone.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Ladofthelight

Chrysaetos,

Almost every time I see one or your comments I cringe a little bit.

How does it feel to be such a master at discernment? Is there a class I can take to help me see things just like you do? Based on most of your responses it appears that you have everything all figured out.

Please show me proof about how you know exactly what all of "this" is about.

You must be some sort of entity from an alternate dimension or something.

You make me feel very happy that I don't sit around trying to disprove what others believe.

For that, I truly thank you.

Saying things like "you have to understand", and using words like "quackery" and "delusion" makes it difficult to try and share any ideas with you.

I don't blame Novaspirit for not wanting to have discussion with you anymore.

Your opinions and ideas are just as valid as someone who wants to posit the complete opposite.

Not looking for an argument, just felt compelled to say something.

Take care.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Nevertheless, everyone is entitled to believe that which they want to believe, whether or not it's what we think they should believe - and they are welcome here to talk about it, as long as they are not scaring or hurting anyone.
Kaere,

I am not trying to be the angry wolf here. I am genuinely concerned with the way myths on the internet can delude people. I have been seeing this for years. There is tons of conspiracies and New Age quackery on the net, inserting fear and delusion on good people. We all have our beliefs. People should always be respected, but dangerous and delusional theories should we dealt with accordingly.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Ladofthelight

Crysaetos,

I respect the fact that you think "delusional theories" should be "dealt with", but I am curious as to why you think it is so important to try and disprove an idea that gives a lot of happiness and joy to people?

Personally, I could care less if someone believes that a purple stork visits them every third Thursday of the month to give them blessings of the highest order. If it makes them happy and they share that with other people, awesome!

I'm just trying to understand your need to try and control people's belief in "quackery"?
Old 07-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Ladofthelight

I can also see how you are perhaps "looking out" for people...

That is definitely a noble cause, but perhaps the best lessons learned through personal experience?
Closed Thread