Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 22-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Suspended
Master
Hi CSEe .

What is it that you want to discuss with a master exactly?

x daz x
Old 22-01-2014, 03:05 PM
tttin

Thanks CSEe,

Since you comfirm murderer and normal person are same, please let me know your answers:

After ten years from now, current murderer and he in future are same? that murderer (future) and that normal person (future) are same?

Do you believe rebirth/reincarnation in buddhism?
Do you believe "Cause Condition Affect" law in buddhism?

How do you believe that debate about buddhism in this forum can reduce your emotions for back to nothingness/emptiness?
Old 22-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
dear sir , to me you are glued to your knowledge

Could not the same thing be said about you? You cling to your idea that Buddhism is beyond knowledge, you make that statement over and over again. You counter everything anyone says by saying that they are attached to their knowledge and learning. Then you ask them to debate with you and see what you have learned from, "YOUR EXPERIENCES."

So, are you not clinging to and glued to these beliefs and expressions you use so often? To admit that you are not would be incorrect... Go back and read all of your posts on Buddhism and see how many times you say these things over and over again in many different threads.

So if you give everyone the same answers over and over again, no matter what they say to you... does this not show that you are glued to your own opinion? Thus doing the very thing you say everyone else is doing?
Old 22-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
Wikipedia ...
Debate is contention in argument ; dispute, controversy ; discussion ...

Simply reading the definition for the word "debate" denotes agressiveness, egotism-ego boosting, condescension, manipulation as well as a lack of a well formed/developed understanding of "judgement" & its purpose ...
People who have a basic understanding of "judgement" believe it is all bad &/or wrong mostly for the sake of winning an arguement ...
It is not new to the Sprititual Forums; it's merely an elementary debate tactic ...
It's not necessary to meet a person face to face to understand/identify their true intentions, however, validity is provided when reading their body language ...

The purpose for teaching is to provide the student w/knowledge ...
The student is to determine (test-challenge) its presence, quality, or truth by expanding it to a greater level of understanding ...
Any question asked can be answered through their teachings & literature as well as one's own daily living ...
Seek & you shall find ...

It is our job to find our own truth ...
It is not our job to debate w/a person to convince them that their truth is right or wrong or flawed nor use anyone to stroke our ego ...
When one can discipline their self to rise above common human errors/issues their "truth" will resonate spiritually ...
Otherwise, their true self is simply as a human being w/out the benefit of direction or wisdom ...

Debate is better left in the political arena ...

Perhaps debate is not a polite word but is the only word that I think very close to my understanding , whenever I use "discuss" many teacher just eager to get me listen to them but never interested to sincerely share views ...learning Buddhism . My desire is to learn and debate pushes me into areas that I never been , explore without limitation and I am always open for change that is the reason I always mention " in my current understanding "...I hope you understand me ......I am not here to show off or defend my view , I am just here to learn ....and as I approaching my death I hope it would be a nice journey and I hope to share with my daughter so that she will have a less suffering journey of life
Old 22-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi CSEe .

What is it that you want to discuss with a master exactly?

x daz x

You see , I really hope to find out what is their reason that makes them teach others Buddhism. Many teacher half way debate with me claiming that they never teach but yet they have talks , website claiming themselves as teacher etc ...........I really hope to explore their reason as I currently understand that Buddhism is impossible to be taught even for Siddharta himself ....I hope to challenge my view by debating with others
Old 22-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tttin
Thanks CSEe,

Since you comfirm murderer and normal person are same, please let me know your answers:
To me in Buddhism , nothing can be sure or confirm as there is no right or wrong , no true or false .......not like knowledge . A murderer kills because his action is resulted from his emotion , same as the normal people having desire for anything .........in knowledge by human current culture the murderer is wrong / bad and his action is false , well that is so-so true ...but Buddhism is beyond knowledge .........we cannot limit Buddhism to what we know , if we accept Buddhism is a form of knowledge , Buddhism will be something we know and going to be something we already known .
In Buddhism , you are alone and all action is a great source for you to discover your emotion ...so you can learn from a murderer action same way as yoiu learn from Dalai Lama words ......

After ten years from now, current murderer and he in future are same? that murderer (future) and that normal person (future) are same?
In Buddhism , is all about you , your journey why you choose to live in others life ? The murderer is teaching you now with his action and if you see him tens year from now , regardless what he will do still that is a great source for you to learn .....
Do you believe rebirth/reincarnation in buddhism?
Do you believe "Cause Condition Affect" law in buddhism?

How do you believe that debate about buddhism in this forum can reduce your emotions for back to nothingness/emptiness?

In my current understanding of Buddhism , beliefs / faith will confused us and Buddhism is about exploration , discovery and realization on emotion journey into greater realization leading to emptiness not to gain more knowledge and keep ..........so I just learn , no commited to believe anything......
Old 22-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
Could not the same thing be said about you? You cling to your idea that Buddhism is beyond knowledge, you make that statement over and over again. You counter everything anyone says by saying that they are attached to their knowledge and learning. Then you ask them to debate with you and see what you have learned from, "YOUR EXPERIENCES."

So, are you not clinging to and glued to these beliefs and expressions you use so often? To admit that you are not would be incorrect... Go back and read all of your posts on Buddhism and see how many times you say these things over and over again in many different threads.

So if you give everyone the same answers over and over again, no matter what they say to you... does this not show that you are glued to your own opinion? Thus doing the very thing you say everyone else is doing?

No ........have you notice I always say in my current understanding , the reason is I realize that Buddhism is a process that never stopped , it change constantly , every seconds we change regardless whether we wish to change or not ......is always human desire to keep the same , I have realization beyond that understanding ...sorry sir , I am not.............it may seems my words is same but is my realization that it would be different as I am always in bUDDHISM
Old 23-01-2014, 01:53 AM
tttin

Thanks CSEe,

To me, your daughter can debate and can explore ,discover and realize on emotion journey into greater realization leading to emptiness but the dirt cannot. Could you let me know what thing in her self can debate and what thing in her self are same with the dirt?

Quote:
A murderer kills because his action is resulted from his emotion

Do you means our actions in future are chosen and we cannot change?

You said that beliefs / faith will confused us and just learn , no commited to believe anything......So where will you reach if debating in this forum about Buddhism in this forum make you get more emotions?
Old 23-01-2014, 02:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tttin
Thanks CSEe,

To me, your daughter can debate and can explore ,discover and realize on emotion journey into greater realization leading to emptiness but the dirt cannot. Could you let me know what thing in her self can debate and what thing in her self are same with the dirt?

In my current understanding , Buddhism is beyond knowledge so if in knowledge yes you are right as human can talk , can think , can act but non-living like the dirt cannot ......so if you always attached to your knowledge , you will always know it and after years of these knowledge you gain a faith and you has become the knowledge itself .......that is common human culture .

Buddhism to me is more than just mere knowledge , knowledge is just a tiny part in Buddhism .........in my current understanding of Buddhism , we do not use our knowledge to judge , to compare or to create beliefs ..........as Buddhism is not to gain knowledge or create emotion to keep but is a realization process .......so in Buddhism , I am always alone in my journey into emptiness so regardless human or dirt , both is a great learning source for me to discover my emotion .......both is same and equal great source ........as I do not limit human or the dirt in my knowledge but accept it as a being same as me ....they are same as me in their own journey into emptiness.......as for now , I am still very far from accepting it , still full of pollutants as I still have special love for my daughter , still love money , sex , food etc that is the reason I am here to learn more .......

Do you means our actions in future are chosen and we cannot change?

No , you are the action regardless now or " the future" as in Buddhism the past is now , the future is also now .....

You said that beliefs / faith will confused us and just learn , no commited to believe anything......So where will you reach if debating in this forum about Buddhism in this forum make you get more emotions?

Buddhism is a process and the destination is never a choice , so if you choose your destination , you will creates emotion and you will in your own circle of emotion ...........Buddhism is a realization process so as we progress , our emotion like desire , love , anger , ego , fear , etc will be reduced / decreased not increased ..........so by learning , discovering , experiencing more , my emotion will be less not more ....
Old 23-01-2014, 07:14 AM
tttin

Thanks for sharing your experience CSEe,

So, do you mean that informations when debating will go through your mind and you just "realize" those informations. And the more informations you "realize", the more realization progress you get and you would reduce your emotions?

It seems that you want to "realize" the "moon" by your way instead of the way Gautama Buddha's finger point to.